Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

RM TT extension kit on EDU - tof? Good value received, but DJITelloPy API doesn't take the answer into account

BobLaMortadelle

Reaction score
Hello,

Config:
I use the SDK 3.0 and a Tello EDU with Robot Master Tello Talent extesion kit.

Problem:
I've been trying to run the command tello.send_expansion_command("tof?") to obtain the TOF value from the sensor embedded in the RMTT extension kit.
I receive the correct distance as answer "tof 481" when the drone is pinged, but the DJITelloPy API doesn't interpret well the answer emitted by the Tello:

[INFO] tello.py - 679 - Send command: 'EXT tof?'
[INFO] tello.py - 703 - Response EXT tof?: 'tof 481'
[INFO] tello.py - 703 - Response EXT tof?: 'tof 481'
[INFO] tello.py - 703 - Response EXT tof?: 'tof 465'

raise Exception("Command '{}' was unsuccessful for {} tries. Latest response:\t'{}'"
Exception: Command 'EXT tof?' was unsuccessful for 4 tries. Latest response: 'tof 465'

Sending the command once, it seems like the API interprets the response of the Tello Talent as an error and it emits 4 times the command 'EXT tof?' before declaring the exception (as usual before declaring exceptions).

What I'm looking for:
To get the tof value without exception.

Hypothesis:
The API may not be expecting this message (even tho it does in the documentation Tello_SDK_3.0_USER_GUIDE).

If you have any idea about how to go beyond this exception, I would love to hear about your opinion.
Best regads,
BLM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WavexDK