Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

¿I need help, buy new tello or choose another drone?

Th3DroneroGT

Reaction score
Hi, I hope you are all well, I hope you understand me since I'm not talking a lot of English but I want to be quick and touch a few points that I hope everyone will solve them and thanks to the one who takes the time to read this post and a I apologize if I post it in the wrong place.

Well my case, the Tello that I got went bad or at least I do not know if the tello is like this or mine is defective, well it turns out that sometimes my Tello went to the sides and then when I wanted to move to the right I made it too slow and sometimes I started to turn on the same axis very fast and if I tried to move it still on the sides I did not pay attention to the control of my phone and finally the drone crashed, the question is, to you what happens to them? Or was it my drone that came defective from the factory?

Well, now I have a series of questions I want to ask and they are the following:

-You go well when they fly the Tello at night? I will explain this question, what I mean is that when they make flights at night I miss the warning that there is little light and the sensors will not work well, but my doubt is that it flies like a drone without sensors like a cheap drone without a sensor without anything? and when they do they move it does not make them slow or anything strange? Do you do them like a normal drone?

-When are they going to take off the tello have a runway to take off? (that is, if they have a base or platform of those that sell for drones)

-Is it advisable to fly the tello on any terrain? (in my case I was flying it on the gray cement floor)

I am waiting for your answers, since I am thinking whether to buy a Tello or indeed to go to another drone since I am left with some discomfort and distrust in the world of drones

Hi, I hope you are all well, I hope you understand me since I'm not talking a lot of English but I want to be quick and touch a few points that I hope everyone will solve them and thanks to the one who takes the time to read this post and a I apologize if I post it in the wrong place.

If you don't feel confident in your English skills (just like me), you may also try to post both in English (for general audience) and your own language -- chances are someone here will understand it.

Well my case, the Tello that I got went bad or at least I do not know if the tello is like this or mine is defective, well it turns out that sometimes my Tello went to the sides and then when I wanted to move to the right I made it too slow and sometimes I started to turn on the same axis very fast and if I tried to move it still on the sides I did not pay attention to the control of my phone and finally the drone crashed, the question is, to you what happens to them? Or was it my drone that came defective from the factory?

Well, now I have a series of questions I want to ask and they are the following:

-You go well when they fly the Tello at night? I will explain this question, what I mean is that when they make flights at night I miss the warning that there is little light and the sensors will not work well, but my doubt is that it flies like a drone without sensors like a cheap drone without a sensor without anything? and when they do they move it does not make them slow or anything strange? Do you do them like a normal drone?

Tello knows its position/moves mainly from bottom camera visual feed. So, if it can't see the surface (at night), it would feel "lost" and drift. Or if the surface changes its look (flowing water, moving tree twigs). Or the surface is featureless, with no distinct points -- short grass, cement floor... Do you see any warnings about VPS when flying? Is the bottom camera unobstructed? Try flying in good light.

There's also IMU (inertial measurement unit) -- it "feels" the moves and balance like human inner ear. IMU may need calibration. But first try the Tello in optimal conditions, IMU calibration shuold be done only when necessary.

And there are of course engines and propellers -- you have crashed already, do the propellers sit firmly in place? Did they fell off, so you had to remount them? You should observe CW and CCW propellers matching "their" engines -- there are marks on props and engine legs, see manual. Are the shafts bent? Does one of engines feel warmer than others?

-When are they going to take off the tello have a runway to take off? (that is, if they have a base or platform of those that sell for drones)

Not sure if I understand the question, but you don't need it. It provides drone with flat and level surface to takeoff, but Tello can takeoff/land from/on your palm.

-Is it advisable to fly the tello on any terrain? (in my case I was flying it on the gray cement floor)

Unfortunately no. Just look down and ask yourself "would I feel lost, if I saw just a patch of the terrain?"

Reactions: Kyle Knox
Tello knows its position/moves mainly from bottom camera visual feed. So, if it can't see the surface (at night), it would feel "lost" and drift. Or if the surface changes its look (flowing water, moving tree twigs). Or the surface is featureless, with no distinct points -- short grass, cement floor... Do you see any warnings about VPS when flying? Is the bottom camera unobstructed? Try flying in good light.

everything is well installed in the drone and the engines worked fine, the problem I was telling you is that the drone was moving normally fine, but then it moved slowly and I did not want to respond well to the control of my phone

So, I think this is a factory defect, is not it? I think I would have to buy another Tello because I guess the tello does not behave like this

everything is well installed in the drone and the engines worked fine, the problem I was telling you is that the drone was moving normally fine, but then it moved slowly and I did not want to respond well to the control of my phone

So, I think this is a factory defect, is not it? I think I would have to buy another Tello because I guess the tello does not behave like this
Always keep in mind that the tello have a build in safety mechanism that restricts its speeds if it's lower than plus minus 1.5m. At that height you could probably blow it away yourself. Always try to fly at 2m and higher and you will see that the tello respond better. And if it is outside always keep it in sport mode unless there is no wind at all.

Reactions: Flydrone
Always keep in mind that the tello have a build in safety mechanism that restricts its speeds if it's lower than plus minus 1.5m. At that height you could probably blow it away yourself. Always try to fly at 2m and higher and you will see that the tello respond better. And if it is outside always keep it in sport mode unless there is no wind at all.

Even with sport mode it gets really slow, I think a turtle would walk faster than the Tello

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv