Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

a gadget that lets tello take a vertical view photo

wb34

Reaction score
Because the Tello Tello drone camera is fixed, it is impossible to take pictures of vertical angles, and there is a very important perspective in the picture. I refer to some modified solutions, using 3d technology to print some accessories plus mirrors, you can make a vertical picture. After testing, it may be due to the design angle problem, there will probably be 10% loss of picture in the camera mode, the video will be complete, but the anti-shake is not stable, guessing is related to the camera's electronic anti-shake technology.

volate!lo

Reaction score
The devil seems to be in the detail, that is the mirror used. This top-down picture is the best one I have seen from a Tell, most are just blurry.

Ansia

Reaction score
High quality mirror. Not just some plasticky piece on a frame.

volate!lo

Reaction score
I have seen very lousy image quality from normal glass mirrors so there must be more to this. Maybe use a very thin glass?

4x4

Reaction score
What a great idear the gadget does a really nice job.

wb34

Reaction score
I have seen very lousy image quality from normal glass mirrors so there must be more to this. Maybe use a very thin glass?
I know that some people use soft mirrors made of pc , which are purchased from Amazon. Although it is easy to cut with scissors, it will cause distortion of the image.
so I used a mirrors made of acrylic material. The thickness of the lens was 1mm, but unfortunately, it was difficult for him to cut. I had to ask the manufacturer to help me cut it and then mail it to me.

wb34

Reaction score
Image is great! Can you please share the .stl?

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herman Krebbers