Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Adding a gripper

Borbon

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm a complete noob in the drone worlds but i really need to find a way to attach a gripper to a drone to a university project.
Is it possible to install and control a gripper in a tello?
If so, can you give me some pointers in what to do?
Thanks!

Theoretically it would be possible to attach it with some kind of 3D printed mount and control it over the micro USB port using ESP32. There is a Tello Talent expansion kit that contains an ESP32 and source is avialable for that part.

Practically you will see that the load that can be added to Tello is very limited. May be 50 - 60g and this will reduce flight time with one battery already drastically (and may cause battery and motor overheating).

sorry, we cannot help you with the Tello, but we work with various micro drones. Another company that we work with as already produced one, it is the Makerfire LiteBee with good Mind software.. they have several models. Relatively simple to reverse engineer. It has a 3D painted claw on the front. May cost about $350, but for a university project, that is probable reasonable. They also have one that drops electromagnetic attachments. Also working on one that will shoot darts. We ahve a couple vidoes on these models on Youtube MECATX. may have to buy it from China or one distributor in Texas. The drones are similar, so you can hack one and copy to other if you re at the university level in electronica and programming. Good Luck!. If you need more contact me at [email protected]. What university is this at?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv