Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Anyone find charging hubs or batteries?

I spoke to Ryze earlier. No release date on the charging hub. There is one coming though.

No pricing etc however.

And yes, batteries are like hens teeth. Ryze support pointed me to the DJI site and of course they are on back order!

Batteries!!!! I just chatted with DJI. They gave no date for supply. Then while online with DroneNerds I chatted with them and they indicated they expect some in from 1 to 3 weeks. The drone is a big hit so there is a great demand for it and its accessories. But my opinion is they wanted to get the drone out and THEN, based on sales, push out the accessories according to the sales response. UPDATE: It is now over two weeks later and still none!!!

Last edited:
Does any marketing type guy have any idea why accessories for drones are so far behind the debut of the drones themselves??? What would be the reason additional batteries, already being produced for the main product, are not readily available in more quantities? It is already engineered/designed and in production. I don't get it. Third party/aftermarket batteries are quick to the market, yet the original manufacturer can't do it?

There are several 3rd party batteries available on eBay. The problem is, they are way more expensive than what DJI has them listed for. I'm not sure I'd want to pay more for a cheap clone just to get it sooner.

I was just chatting with a dealer and it appears batteries are STILL 1 to 3 weeks out. I asked about the popularity of the Tello and he said it was a big hit. So my guess is they are keeping up with batteries for just new sales of the drone itself. Hope they kick it up a notch soon as so many existing customers want more batteries.

Reactions: Clinton1
Amazon shows aftermarket batteries for the Tello starting at $24.99 on up from several different vendors, no Prime deliveries though, so you may have one from China in 3 or 4 wks., like other quad parts I have ordered, I suggest buyer beware because I have no knowledge of the quality.

Batteries are now available on Amazon, but they are more expensive that the price on the DJI website (which still shows out of stock).
I just checked Amazon. Here is a listing for the real Ryze battery for the Tello but look at the shipping, more than the price of the battery, and it's tiny. Seems very odd and unfair. Perhaps it is to discourage wiping out a low inventory.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-03-26 at 10.22.01 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-03-26 at 10.22.01 AM.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 12
I just checked Amazon. Here is a listing for the real Ryze battery for the Tello but look at the shipping, more than the price of the battery, and it's tiny. Seems very odd and unfair. Perhaps it is to discourage wiping out a low inventory.
Yeah, I actually started to order a few until I saw the shipping price. Clearly someone trying to take advantage of supply and demand. Some of the other vendors charge a few bucks more for the battery, but shipping is in the 5 or 6 dollar range. Still pretty pricey. I’ll wait...

? Yep looks like they are trying to upcharge by charging for shipping, demand probably warrants it, but still kind of sheisty from an upcoming company who would want future business. Maybe would be better idea to leave a good first impression on consumers the first go around vs trying to make all their money from one product. Which is still yet tbd if it’s longevity will warrant the $100 price tag.

Based on what I've seen historically for any technology, the prices will come down over time. It's interesting that Ryze, DJI, and some reputable photo companies have "pre-priced" the batteries on their websites, even though they say they are out of stock. I would bet once these companies get some inventory, the prices on Amazon and other sites will come down to be competetive. "Let's see, should I buy a battery from Ryze for $19.00 USD plus $3.00 shipping, or buy from Amazon for $20.00, plus $20.00 shipping?" Hmmmm..... The charging of incredibly high shipping is one of the oldest scams going. When you see the ads on TV that say, "Get a second item free, just pay shipping and handling!", that's what's going on. I would be interested to know how may people get sucked into the 20/20 deal.

Hi John, I've ordered my Tello through Rise Above and got an email the other day saying it should be available early April, I also ordered a spare Battery so hopefully they ordered spares with their original order. Time will tell but may be worth giving them a call. They have them listed on their website at $29 but for back order, same as the Tello itself

Thanks Wayno1 I ordered my from DJI last week and have been playing with it for 3 days, almost ever hour :)
But I will look up Rise Above for the spare battery.
I took mine into class today and the kids were spell bound. So was I.
The most stable drone for indoors and
surprisingly can cope with a little wind considering its so light. The video is also surprisingly good at 720
This is something very special.
I will give them a ring tomorrow.
Thanks

Thanks Wayno1 I ordered my from DJI last week and have been playing with it for 3 days, almost ever hour :)
But I will look up Rise Above for the spare battery.
I took mine into class today and the kids were spell bound. So was I.
The most stable drone for indoors and
surprisingly can cope with a little wind considering its so light. The video is also surprisingly good at 720
This is something very special.
I will give them a ring tomorrow.
Thanks
Did you get it from DJI in Australia? What did it cost you? I'm so jealous that you have it already, can't wait for mine (um, I mean the kid's, lol) to arrive

Did you get it from DJI in Australia? What did it cost you? I'm so jealous that you have it already, can't wait for mine (um, I mean the kid's, lol) to arrive
169 but with shipping was 191.
169 but with shipping 191. I think I was redirected to DJI Aus because it came in a few days.
We have to remember it is still classed as a toy but it's a brilliant toy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen