Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Battery icon is empty red outline.

Kenozaguy

Reaction score
Many times when I want to fly the Tello the battery indicator icon shows up as an empty red outline even though it is fully charged. The drone just sits and none of the controls work. To fix it I have to uninstall the app. Then I have to reinstall the app again and everything works. Anyone know why this red battery outline keeps occurring.

Many times when I want to fly the Tello the battery indicator icon shows up as an empty red outline even though it is fully charged. The drone just sits and none of the controls work. To fix it I have to uninstall the app. Then I have to reinstall the app again and everything works. Anyone know why this red battery outline keeps occurring.
For some reason the app thinks the Tello has no battery left. Do you get video feed when this happens?

For some reason the app thinks the Tello has no battery left. Do you get video feed when this happens?

I don't get anything. Nothing works. Flew twice today, no problem. Third time, empty red battery icon. Uninstall then reinstall, then it worked fine. Might be a bad connection between the battery and the drone itself and it thinks there is no battery within the drone.

I don't get anything. Nothing works. Flew twice today, no problem. Third time, empty red battery icon. Uninstall then reinstall, then it worked fine. Might be a bad connection between the battery and the drone itself and it thinks there is no battery within the drone.
No. What I believe is that your phone doesn't realize it's connected to your drone, hence why it works when you reinstall. Have you tried a different phone and checked?

No. What I believe is that your phone doesn't realize it's connected to your drone, hence why it works when you reinstall. Have you tried a different phone and checked?

It's been working well so far today but if it does it again, I'll try my wife's phone when she gets home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv