Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Beej flying the heck out of the Tello

Flip

Reaction score
Got it out and started flying it and really have flown it every day. Inside and outside and I'm getting pretty adept with it. I may get my EVO out next week and fiddle with that. I have not crashed the Tello yet but being an old fart (70), I'm probably overly cautious.

Glad I bought the bundle with extra batteries and the charge hub as I wail through batteries.

Lots of fun and the images the camera takes are very nice for a no gimbal craft.

Very happy with it so far.

Had it out yesterday again and went through all 3 batteries, I plopped it in the freezer to cool it down between battery changes....lol Works quite well. We tagged team flew it with 2 smart phones and 2 pilots, we each logged in separate and out so one at a time but it got a workout.

It will trim the leaves on a branch too. Got it too close to a maple tree and viola, it trimmed a few leaves off. Wobbled a bit and stabilized and kept on going.

Closest we came to crashing it yet.

No issue with range or height. So small that any farther and you loose sight of it. Would be nice to have a gimbal camera but for the cost of admission, the FPV view is very stable and crisp.

Getting out money's worth out of the Tello (and sparing the EVO from novice damage too.

Reactions: Magoo582
The other person I fly with (we share the Tello) has a high buck DJI as well and like me, fears crashing it.

Fun little pocket drone for sure.

Actually, it's fine the way it is. If I want distance or altitude, I Have my Autel EVO and soon a FIMI too.

I may at some point get an extender and a controller but for now, all is good.

Hobby is certainly less expensive than custom built firearms.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan