Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Belly pan plastic

LuvMyJKU

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I retrieved my tello a year after it going missing in a free last summer. Other than a run in with a crackhead squirrel (I assume) it need a “belly pan” and the middle plastic if available. Anyone have spares?

A59C9852-B797-42F1-9CB9-64D528B2066E.jpeg

first thing to try: Does it still power up and does it start all motors?
Yes, camera is good, and it took a full carve and made like it wanted to take off (need to grab a couple more props) I did a recalibration and it appears to be good to go.

Reactions: volate!lo
As far as I can see you only have to take off the plastic ribs that normally go over the heatsink and maybe clean up the part where the camera sits with some fine sandpaper and you're good to go.

I modified my Tello because I wanted to prevent the warning of overheating that I've read about online, mine never did and now it will never have the chance to get overheated anymore and at the same time I shaved off some unnecessary weight and got a bit more flight time out of it and it seems that you can turn your unlucky day into something positive, the only thing remains is that your Tello would look a bit like Frankenstein but I think it deserves to be original as it does just to show off how strong it is and its willing to keep going whatever comes to it.

Just look at the modification I did, I think you'll be able to do the same if you clean it up a bit with fine sandpaper like 600 or so since the plastic shell is very thin you can't use 220 grid sandpaper, it will take off too much material. As long as the camera lens is still somewhat ridged and everything still works as is I would keep it that way and only take off the plastic that normally covers the heatsink, you don't need it anyway and the drone performs even better without it so that's a win for you.

Modified Tello to shave off weight (1).jpg

Modified Tello to shave off weight (2).jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madrid