Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Can anyone recommend a specific controller that's anywhere near as good as the GameSir T1s?

Silver Dollar

Reaction score
I've been flying with my android phone wired to a GameSir T1s using TelloFtp. It is a great set up but with the GameSir T1s being discontinued I bought a ps3 controller that is not nearly as controllable as the GameSir. Also none of the ps3 controllers I can find have a phone holder. Any specific controller names would be greatly appreciated (available on Amazon would be even better)!

hi Silver Dollar,

Yes, this one works well with OTG cable and Tello FPV app.
Search for "X3 Controller". This one in the photo, the sticks are black doesn't work well with OTG.

Unbenannt-1.jpg

greeting

Last edited:
Can you please explain in more detail what you mean?

greeting

Can you please explain in more detail what you mean?

greeting
Good news! I wanted to test more to give you an accurate explanation. My original testing was on my Galaxy S8 and a wired connection did not show up a as controller in TelloFPV or in an app called gametester. My new test was on my Galaxy S5 and the wired connection showed up in gametester but not in TelloFPV... or so I thought. About a minute after Tello FPV remained open the controller showed up. Yaa!!!

Hi Silver Dollar,

Good to hear the controller works for you too.
I use this with OTG adapters on USB-C and micro-USB smartphones/tablets without any problems. It is equal to the GameSirT1, if not better, and has a TOP price.

For your S8, use the combination of a standard cable USB-A male to micro-USB male (1) e.g. this one and an OTG adapter USB-A female to USB-C male (2) e.g. this one.

Game Controller <--(1)-->>--(2)--> Smartphone USB-C

Have fun with it, best regards.

Last edited:
Hi Silver Dollar,

Good to hear the controller works for you too.
I use this with OTG adapters on USB-C and micro-USB smartphones/tablets without any problems. It is equal to the GameSirT1, if not better, and has a TOP price.

For your S8, use the combination of a standard cable USB-A male to micro-USB male (1) e.g. this one and an OTG adapter USB-A female to USB-C male (2) e.g. this one.

Game Controller <--(1)-->>--(2)--> Smartphone USB-C

Have fun with it, best regards.
Thanks for all your help. Now I have both phones hooked up. The thing that I forgot was that TelloFPV takes a minute or so to find new controllers. Using the gametester app helps to know if it is hooked to the phone.

It should not take significant time because TelloFpv doesn't really look for controllers.
TelloFpv is called by Android and informed that a new Controller was found. So if it takes time to find a new controller that means that Android takes time to find it. The reason for that is unknown

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode