Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Coding Tello (not EDU version)

Chrostif

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
We just bought a Tello (std version). Firmware version is 01.04.91.01

At begining, we had some problems with the drone, it did'nt stay stable in the air and didn't execute the code from droneblocks.
After recalibration, we finally found the cause was due to the tiny space in the office room, so we moved in bigger space.
Now we already tested all commands in droneblocks and works perfectly (but slowly) except for the curve function (x,y,z).
(This command is listed in the SDK1.3 & 2.0)
1577618685509.png
takeoff();
curve(25, 25, 0, 0, 50, 0, "cm");
land();

Did anyone already tested it ?

hi..
did you follow the instruction from droneblocks?
i tried a simple one and it works but as you said, it slowly doing it one by one with a few seconds pause after one another.
i will try this curve command & let you know

some little help pls.. (instead to open a new discussion I try to ask here since it's related to drone block app)..

I was trying to use it just as test... and I found that cannot even connect to Tello with this app (Droneblock for Android)..

I can create a mission, save it.. recall it but when I try to connect to Tello to run Launch Mission.. I simply can't.. I always see the message with instructions on how to connect to wifi... even if I am already connected to Tello Wifi

pls note that I can connect and use both Tello (original app) and TelloFPV (paid version) with no problem... but can't connect to DroneBlock for testing it.. of course I don't have any other Tello App running in background when trying to use DroneBlock..

I am sure it's some stupid/basic thing which I am missing because simply don't know.. (tried to find solution in doc/online but didn't find any)

I am sure that someone here will be able to give me the right tips..

Thanks in advance

Inviato dal mio Note10+ 5G utilizzando Tapatalk

From my mobile I have to disable the ''DATA'' connection (4G).
From my PC, I connect to the Tello Wifi and continue to access internet (for DroneBlocks app under chrome) with cable connection.

thanks for the reply...

are you saying that DroneBlock needs also the app running on the PC? Android version doesn't work in "standalone" mode?

Sorry for these stupid question.. but I am sure I am missing some basic step..

No !
You can use android in std alone.
The only problem I had with my smartphone, was that I had to disable the DATA connection even when using Tello App.
So as Droneblocks needs sometimes to have acces to internet, maybe to display the page or code, I don't know why ... I prefer to use my PC to do my tests.

ok clear..

so still unclear why I cannot connect to Tello with Droneblock app (I already tried with data disabled)

any other suggestions?

Maybe :
each time you change of App, you have to restart the drone.
For exple you used Tello App, than you have to switch off/on before using DroneBlocks App

Reactions: spanzetta
it works.. it was simply the need to restart it..I would never think to that..

thanks a lot for the solution provided..

at this point I can also confirm that the curve code doesn't work (the argument of this post)..

thanks again

at this point I can also confirm that the curve code doesn't work (the argument of this post)..

This could have to do with the fact that you don't have an EDU.
The curve command is documented in the SDK 2.0 description.
The EDU provides SDK 2.0, the normal Tello provides an SDK with unknown version number (at least unknown to me).

I wrote "this could have to do..." because not all things which are documented only for 2.0 are exclusive to 2.0.
Receiving the status string is documented for 2.0 only, but works for the normal Tello as well.
This way they made me into buy an EDU......

This could have to do with the fact that you don't have an EDU.
The curve command is documented in the SDK 2.0 description.
The EDU provides SDK 2.0, the normal Tello provides an SDK with unknown version number (at least unknown to me).

I wrote "this could have to do..." because not all things which are documented only for 2.0 are exclusive to 2.0.
Receiving the status string is documented for 2.0 only, but works for the normal Tello as well.
This way they made me into buy an EDU......

i tried the curve command also, it didn't work. i just thought it might be my battery was low and will try again next time.
can someone who owned Tello EDU confirm this?

As mentioned before, I have a Tello EDU.

I have not yet tried the "go x y z" command and I don't know where the coordinate axes are and where Tello will go after sending this command. I miss a possibility to find out where Tello actually is. The x,y,z values in the state string are always 0.

Does "go" mean a relative movement? So "go 0 0 50 20" would be equal to "up 50" (and the speed which was defined earlier)?

I could need some help.

Now I found the SDK 1.3.0.0 document. In this document I found some commands which are not mentioned in the 2.0, like "height?" but they work in 2.0. The documentation by Ryze is definitely bad.

I tried your curve command not in droneblocks but in tellTello (a little advertisement ;-)) which is based on the Tello3.py demo. So I see the answers which come from Tello (I don't know if you see them in droneblocks). The conversation looks like this:

curve 25 25 0 0 50 0 20
ok
error Radius is too large!

I need to add a speed to the curve command, I have chosen a slow speed so I can interact when Tello is about to hit an obstacle.

What does z=0 mean? Does it mean Tello is on the ground? This could be the problem (When it complains about the radius, it does not necessarily mean that the problem is actually the radius).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv