Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

"Compaign END earlier" *****TelloCam+ DIY Toolkit (80USD --> 50USD until 2020/05/24 )*****

NK57

Reaction score
Hi guys.
The compaign will be terminated earlier for the first batch.
Thank for your supports and hope you enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***** (80USD --> 50USD until 2020/05/24 ) *****

In order to reach QOM(Minimum Order Quantity for new controller PCB production I decide to offer discounts for whom interest in before 2020/05/24.

The first 5 confirmed orders will have "PGY Tech LEGO Toy Adapter" for free.

Welcome contact me by email :
[email protected]

Thank you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TelloCam+ : A DIY toolkit for Tello to see downside scope ( Total weight on Tello is less than 25g )

Hi guys,
Naively I think many people hope Tello can see downside scope like me. So few months ago I started developing the DIY toolkit for this function. The concept of it was composite by a mirror, a servo motor, a controller and 3d printed models. You can change the mirror angle to see downside scope wirelesslly controlled by your mobile. The DIY toolkit will be easy to be mounted on Tello and it is easy to setup. I think I'll post some videos soon.
But because of QOM(Minimum Order Quantity ) of trial production and RD investments. First I fix a price for this DIY toolkit about 80 USD. For this price I'm wondering to know how many people are willing to pay for it ?

Guys if you have willings please "add a comment". I'll check and count total number of the products for this batch.

Thank you.

Note: Before you buying the TellCam+ please make sure that you have the list below already.
1) PGY Tech LEGO Toy Adapter for DJI (Ryze Tech) Tello Drone : 1 unit
2) Xiaomi Mi USB WIFI Repeater 2 : 2 units

All the details will be announced when the project start up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2020/04/16

Sorry for the delay.

Finally the first prototype is announced. please take a look the picture "TelloCam+ 2020-04-16 Update.jpg".

Next I'll do more test and take some videos as soon as possible.

Thanks.
Update 2020 04 17

TelloCam+ Function Outdoor Demo in Windy Day (No post-production )

TelloCam+ function Outdoor Demo 1(raw file, No post production)
The footage will change in very short time when the on board mirror flipped.
It was controlled by disconneting WiFi and reconnecting again.
Update 2020 04 21

Change Tello Scope By Turning On/Off WiFi Connection.

TelloCam+ Indoor Demo
Update 2020 04 22

TelloCam+ Parts
2020-04-22 TelloCam+ Top.jpg
2020-04-22 TelloCam+ Bottom.jpg
Update 2020 04 22

If anyone would like to purchase TelloCam+ toolkit please via the link for payment. And contact me by my Email

[email protected]

Thank you.
Update 2020 04 30

About How To Use TelloCam+ :

You just need to solder 4 wires between the on board Xiami repeater and the TelloCam+ board. The function working on two repeaters mode only. Make sure on board Xiami repeater named SSID_plus and the other Xiami repeater setting as SSID_plus_plus. Then turn off the Tello’s power then turn it on again . After both repeaters became blue solid light then connect ur mobile phone to WiFi SSID_plus_plus. Then you will control the mirror flip by WiFi on/off.

Attachments

• TelloCam+.jpg
    TelloCam+.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 137
  • TelloAdapter.png
    TelloAdapter.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 70
  • XiamiWiFi+.png
    XiamiWiFi+.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 64
  • TelloCam+ 2020-04-16 Update.jpg
    TelloCam+ 2020-04-16 Update.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
  • TelloCam+ with friends.png
    TelloCam+ with friends.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • TelloCam+ Top.jpg
    TelloCam+ Top.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 41
  • 2020-04-22  TelloCam+ Bottom.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
TelloCam+ : A DIY toolkit for Tello to see downside scope

Hi guys,
Naively I think many people hope Tello can see downside scope like me. So few months ago I started developing the DIY toolkit for this function. The concept of it was composite by a mirror, a servo motor, a controller and 3d printed models. You can change the mirror angle to see downside scope wirelesslly controlled by your mobile. The DIY toolkit will be easy to be mounted on Tello and it is easy to setup. I think I'll post some videos soon.
But because of QOM(Minimum Order Quantity ) of trial production and RD investments. First I fix a price for this DIY toolkit about 80 USD. For this price I'm wondering to know how many people are willing to pay for it ?

Guys if you have willings please add a comment. I'll check and count total number of the products for this batch.

Thank you.
Great idea and project. Yes, i would purchase a least two of them. When would they be available. Where do you live and how would they be shipped..Thank you. You can see our Tello work on Youtube MECATX

Reactions: NK57
TelloCam+ : A DIY toolkit for Tello to see downside scope

Hi guys,

Guys if you have willings please add a comment. I'll check and count total number of the products for this batch.

Thank you.
I think that this is an awesome concept for the Tello. Since purchasing the Tello I have always thought that it could do with a mini gimbal, so count me in as a potential buyer.

Great idea and project. Yes, i would purchase a least two of them. When would they be available. Where do you live and how would they be shipped..Thank you. You can see our Tello work on Youtube MECATX
I'm planning to ship from Taiwan by DHL, FEDEX or Postage. The prototype will be shown about 1~2 weeks.

I think that this is an awesome concept for the Tello. Since purchasing the Tello I have always thought that it could do with a mini gimbal, so count me in as a potential buyer.
The toolkit is a mechanism of changing scope for Tello. It's not a gimbal. Hope that you won't mix up with the concepts.

Last edited:
The toolkit is a mechanism of changing scope for Tello. It's not a gimbal. Hope that you won't mix up with the concepts.
I was just using the gimbal as an example, what you are doing here is a great idea. Looking forward to hearing of your completion.

Update 2020/04/16

Sorry for the delay.

Finally the first prototype is announced. please take a look the picture "TelloCam+ 2020-04-16 Update.jpg".

Next I'll do more test and take some videos as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Attachments

• TelloCam+ 2020-04-16 Update.jpg
    TelloCam+ 2020-04-16 Update.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
Update 2020 04 17

TelloCam+ Function Outdoor Demo in Windy Day (No post-production )

TelloCam+ function Outdoor Demo 1(raw file, No post production)
The footage will change in very short time when the on board mirror flipped.
It was controlled by disconneting WiFi and reconnecting again.

Attachments

• 2020-04-17 TelloCam+ Outdoor Test.png
    2020-04-17 TelloCam+ Outdoor Test.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Update 2020 04 21

Change Tello Scope By Turning On/Off WiFi Connection.

TelloCam+ Indoor Demo

Attachments

• TelloCam+ with friends.png
    TelloCam+ with friends.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Update 2020 04 22

TelloCam+ Parts
2020-04-22 TelloCam+ Top.jpg

Attachments

• TelloCam+ Top.jpg
    TelloCam+ Top.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 28
  • 2020-04-22  TelloCam+ Bottom.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Update 2020 04 22

If anyone would like to purchase TelloCam+ toolkit please via the link for payment. And contact me by my Email

[email protected]

Thank you.

Last edited:
Update 2020 04 30

About How To Use TelloCam+ :

You just need to solder 4 wires between the on board Xiami repeater and the TelloCam+ board. The function working on two repeaters mode only. Make sure on board Xiami repeater named SSID_plus and the other Xiami repeater setting as SSID_plus_plus. Then turn off the Tello’s power then turn it on again . After both repeaters became blue solid light then connect ur mobile phone to WiFi SSID_plus_plus. Then you will control the mirror flip by WiFi on/off.

Great, do you rekon it would be possible to use this system without having to turn the wifi on and off? Maybe doing a partnership with someone who created an app to pilot the Tello for instance... ;)

Great, do you rekon it would be possible to use this system without having to turn the wifi on and off? Maybe doing a partnership with someone who created an app to pilot the Tello for instance... ;)
The design is out of box. It is not in Tello’s ecosystem. May u could treat it as a funny toy/tool for Tello .

All I see is $$$ going up... I found a selection of parts that does the same but with a rc micro plane control board with integrated control horns, and found the battery and controller all for 60$ all I would have to fashion up is a hinge for the camera and control rod. Paperclip would work. And I would have finite control of movement and wouldn't have to have disconnect from tello in order to control, as well as 200m control distance, plenty i would say. If anyone wants a parts list let me know oh and the total weight I believe is around 25grams including battery

Reactions: tellocuco
Hi guys.
The compaign will be terminated earlier for the first batch.
Thank for your supports and hope you enjoy.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan