Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Could use goggle help

mikeST1957

Reaction score
Hey guys…
Low-tech old guy here

currently teaching my grandson how to fly tello. We use a game type controller

Would like to have him experience Fpv, but tello does not work with my white dji goggles

is there a set of goggles I could buy with an easy hook-up?
Im still reading back-posts, but even simple tech stuff can be hard for me

Mike

Using white goggles:

Easier setup:
If you don't need phone control at all, you can just buy the cheap goggles without electronics where you fit your phone inside to make them work.

Also:
I expect signal delays to be huge, and the drone to be unusable for FPV. But that's what you can get with Tello.

@mikeST1957,

Use the great Tello FPV app!
Use simple VR glasses in which you insert the smartphone.
Make sure that you buy a model (e.g. this one) in which you can set the interpupillary distance and the eye distance to the lens separately from each other. It is easy to use. There are no noticeable delays, flying with glasses is exhilarating.

I wish you success

Using white goggles:

Easier setup:
If you don't need phone control at all, you can just buy the cheap goggles without electronics where you fit your phone inside to make them work.

Also:
I expect signal delays to be huge, and the drone to be unusable for FPV. But that's what you can get with Tello.

No clue about the stock app, as it's FPV function is a joke. Does not work unless the phone has a display size roughly twice the IPD. Which is almost never the case.

For TelloFpv:
Signal delay is around 120-150ms in TelloFpv Android, and 100-120ms in iOS.
That is perfectly fine to have some fun cruising around. Tello isn't exactly an FPV racer so signal delay is not an issue.

All one needs is a cheap set of VR goggles that fit head & IPD. The market changes all the time, and models that were great a at some point are no longer produced a month later. So no clue what exactly to buy (mine is "Fiit VR 2s" for $12 but out of stock for years).
Plus some external controller: flypad, gamesir T1d, t1s, or any other BT or OTG controller that works with tellofpv

Please note: Anyone with an Android 11 phone please test the controller first. Android 11 introduced a nasty bug making many controller useless, and Google has yet to release a fix for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv