Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Custom drone holder

Gh0st14747

Reaction score
Heya so yeh it's me same Gh0st lurking around forums and being curious. This what I did may not much count as drone mod but still it's helpful and useful thing. Yesterday I lurked around forums, checked out how others customized their drones and got idea to make drone holder. Cmon Tello drone does look really slick and like an eye candy (or however that's written) so I made my TelloAV-8's (<- that's just name of my Tello drone) holder out of my selfie stick.

So my selfie stick that also can be used as tripod, has phone holder that's just is exactly same in dimensions as the main body of drone (minus propellers and propeller arms) and drone sits really well and nicely on the phone holder part, my selfie stick's phone holder can be angled so I thought that's a nice feature for positioning drone in some interesting way and I used shoelace as temporary way to hold down drone so it doesn't fall off if I accidentally nudge my selfie stick with drone on it.

In pictures (1 of them) you can see hairbands but I didn't used them because they don't stretch out a lot to fit hairband over rotors, ofc shoelace with untyable knot really helps. I additionally used paperclip because at that time I a lil blanked out on fact that I have other ways to clip shoelace and to prevent it from dangling and untying.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_20191227_013130.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20191227_013420.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20191227_013435.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20191227_013440.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20191227_020108.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20191227_020121.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 82
Just wondering if the tello won't overheat with that setup. Nice to hear your experience. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Just wondering if the tello won't overheat with that setup. Nice to hear your experience. Thanks for sharing the idea.
Well I am not like lifting whole selfie stick with drone and I usually keep my drone on selfie stick stand without battery in it, so far nothing bad happened with that ?. Also sry for late reply, was busy with personal stuff ?.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thepresentx