Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Destroy your tello app?

Jdub

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
3811i don't understand the reason or purpose? Has anyone tried this? I know I sure as hell ain't going to. Would love to see a video of it though

Don't try it. It probably does exactly what it says. As anyone who continues to fly a Tello knows, learning to do UAV flight takes patience and, if you are still flying your FIRST Tello, much care. Certain frustrated personalities, on their third or fourth drone, might be tempted to write an application that just smashes it about, without all the trouble of having to try and fly it correctly.

However, I really like the $4.99 payment. Ultimate irony.

its actually hard to reliably destroy Tello, so I'm wondering what flight maneuvers this app does.

There are undocumented commands that result in shuting down the engines midflight - but I doubt they are used here.

Don't try it. It probably does exactly what it says. As anyone who continues to fly a Tello knows, learning to do UAV flight takes patience and, if you are still flying your FIRST Tello, much care. Certain frustrated personalities, on their third or fourth drone, might be tempted to write an application that just smashes it about, without all the trouble of having to try and fly it correctly.

However, I really like the $4.99 payment. Ultimate irony.
Oh hell no I definitely ain't trying it lol but very good point and I know that 4.99 is hilarious

Hm, simplest method would be to fly to max height and shut the motors down -- but maybe some on-the-phone image analysis trick is done to identify nearby wall or tree to (repeatedly, if possible) crash into at max speed?

Or, maybe, the damage is not mechanical, say -- overwriting the fw with "upgrade" being repeated lyrics of the most famous Mr. Astley's song?

no. this guy can't even do simple UDP networking, so he certainly can't do firmware upgrades, or computer vision, or even shut down the motors midflight (isn't that easy).

Reactions: gotdrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv