Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Dji Ryse Tello 2

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
What would you like to see on it if they decide to release one?

1080p camera
micro sd card (onboard)
same or larger or better Battery
5.8ghz video feed
Dedicated controller

Your thoughts?

Just thought that i would spark up the forums with a little hopeful wishing :)

Last edited:

Mikeg

Reaction score
Adding features will drive up the cost and that's one of the appeals of the Tello. Having said that, I'd pay a bit more for the 1080p camera and the sd card slot. The other features would be nice but I think that if you keep adding features, it'll wind up in a category with plenty of similarly speced drones.

Just my 2 cents.
Mikeg

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
I'd pay a bit more for the 1080p camera and the sd card slot.
Yes, I agree :)

The best thing that i like about the tello is the unbelievable stability to hover and film by itself. and the size and look of it makes it a "TOY" in people's eyes. So nobody freaks out when you fly it. They say things like, That's cute or cool. Or they don't even notice it all all. That helps when you just want to fly and have some fun getting nice pictures or sun setting video or whatever.

Reactions: Skygazer1

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
GREAT NEWS!!

You can.

It's called the DJI Spark. :ROFLMAO:
The spark is a very nice drone. just got tired of all the forced updates and stuff, no fly without updates, So it just sits on my shelf most days and i go out and get a quick video with the tello if i want to ;)

I have gotten to a area that i wanted some video of for fishing. Just because the sunset was so cool looking. Pulled out the spark and sure enough, Could not fly because of the forced update. had to wait until i got home to update it :(

So i pulled out the tello and got the footage anyways without the headaches. :)
(Would have been nice to get the footage with the better camera and gimbal of the spark, But i got what i got that day)

I really wish they had the spark similar to my hubsan h501s-s in some ways. I turn it on and fly whenever i want to leaving the responsibility up to the pilot rather than the drone makers. And the dji no fly zones are not always correct anyways :(

But all in all, I just really like the size and quiet sound on the tello. does not bug anybody. and I really don't need to go more than 100-200 meters away. and the hubsan goes like 1,500 meters away and comes back and lands right by my feet. just wished it folded up. but that tello fits into my pocket almost. great for a quick picture or video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daantello

Ansia

Reaction score
The spark is a very nice drone. just got tired of all the forced updates and stuff, no fly without updates, So it just sits on my shelf most days and i go out and get a quick video with the tello if i want to ;)

I have gotten to a area that i wanted some video of for fishing. Just because the sunset was so cool looking. Pulled out the spark and sure enough, Could not fly because of the forced update. had to wait until i got home to update it :(

So i pulled out the tello and got the footage anyways without the headaches. :)
(Would have been nice to get the footage with the better camera and gimbal of the spark, But i got what i got that day)
Use Litchi to fly the Spark. It doesn't require updating. Also I own a Phantom and updates arent forced to fly anymore.

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
Use Litchi to fly the Spark. It doesn't require updating. Also I own a Phantom and updates arent forced to fly anymore.
How good is that litcji? I have good things about it :)
do you still even have to use the dji go app at all anymore then?
possible to unistall the dji app and have no problems?

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
Most professional pilots only fly with Litchi.
do you still even have to use the dji go app at all anymore then?
possible to unistall the dji app and have no problems?

and i noticed this on google play....

If you are using Spark with the remote controller, you must connect using Wi-Fi between the RC and the mobile device, connecting via USB OTG is not currently supported.

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
I have both, but no, you don't need to use the DJI Go app anymore. I keep it around for updates and such.
That is nice to hear, Thank you, I will look into that.

If i bought my nephew a brand new spark, could he just open up the box and install litchi and start flying, Or would he have to go through all the setup and stuff with dji before he flew? It has been a long while since i bought my spark. lol

Ansia

Reaction score
He will have to go through the setup. You must activate your drone before first flight.

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
He will have to go through the setup. You must activate your drone before first flight.
Ok, i though so. We fly (right out of the box) the hubsan zino, hubsan h510s-s, autel evo, Xiaomi Fimi A3 in the park without all the fuss of all that stuff. (weird squealing sound comes from the mortors of that xiaomi fimi a3 drone, but it takes great video)

My mavic pro, spark, and inspire just sit on the shelves.
(that was one of the main reason we never got the mavic 2 or inspre 2. tired of all the hoops you have to jump through.

That is why i also like the tello, Pick it up, turn it on and fly it and it's so small.

Ansia

Reaction score
In reality, once you've done the initial setup, just use litchi and fly with simplicity.

shambhu

Reaction score
What would you like to see on it if they decide to release one?

1080p camera
micro sd card (onboard)
same or larger or better Battery
5.8ghz video feed
Dedicated controller

Your thoughts?

Just thought that i would spark up the forums with a little hopeful wishing :)
same size with brushless motor
flight time more than 15 min
1080p, card slot,
dedicated controller top mount Mobile as game sir
range 100-300m.
dual band..
total weight not more than 120.
NO need of gymbal ...as we need for dual fun...fpv plus video shoot...
switchable analog fpv and digital wifi fpv....so that one can have fun through fpv goggle like ....ryzo you can do it..and it will be combo of everything and unbeatable... design it all in one fun oriented not for professional one...i am sure you would be on the top....thanks...

Reactions: TelloPilot2019
Reaction score
I'd go with the 1080p camera, micro SD card slot and hopefully even the dual band Wifi, but with an added software update, that allows you to manually switch the wifi channel, so you can choose a les crowded channel to get led interference. That way the cost could be kept under $120 and be a really good starter drone, perhaps even the best. From that on is simple, get a more equipped drone like the Spark or Mavic Air.

Reactions: TelloPilot2019

volate!lo

Reaction score
SD card slot.
I would even be happy if they just enabled video storage on a tiny USB stick fitted to the existing micro USB slot. They could easily do this as Tello already supports USB OTG and FAT filesystem.

I they want to blow the competition away without breaking the bank: 180deg fisheye camera like the Bebop has. just imagine you had 180deg free headtracking in this little drone.

tello_ar

Reaction score
I'd be more interested in the SDK... like getting more access to the Movidius Myriad 2 chip and it's sensors... --or for crying out loud, make the SDK 2.xx available to all, and not just the "EDU".
Anything that might harden the Wifi connection, that'd be nice.
A tiny bluetooth tracker/beeper, when it's down somewhere and you can't see it. A brighter version of the LED or second bright white forward-facing LED (so that you can see that is is actually flying towards you from a distance when the video stream dropped).

brick72

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
SD card slot.
I would even be happy if they just enabled video storage on a tiny USB stick fitted to the existing micro USB slot. They could easily do this as Tello already supports USB OTG and FAT filesystem.

I they want to blow the competition away without breaking the bank: 180deg fisheye camera like the Bebop has. just imagine you had 180deg free headtracking in this little drone.
Yeah this would be cool. I own the bebop with skycontroller, the recorded Video is awesome. But one need several batteries because of 6min Flight Time 👎😂

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brplrp