Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Dji Ryse Tello 2

volate!lo

Reaction score
Yeah this would be cool. I own the bebop with skycontroller, the recorded Video is awesome. But one need several batteries because of 6min Flight Time 👎😂
Get the B2 power. Excellent flight time.

SD card slot.
I would even be happy if they just enabled video storage on a tiny USB stick fitted to the existing micro USB slot. They could easily do this as Tello already supports USB OTG and FAT filesystem.

I they want to blow the competition away without breaking the bank: 180deg fisheye camera like the Bebop has. just imagine you had 180deg free headtracking in this little drone.
One more: Make the gyroscope a full compass, costs maybe 50ct. Knowing the drone's direction would enable all kind of cool things when combined with the phone's GPS. Including follow me, orbit me, where has my drone crashed, flight plan, flight log with map, ...

Last edited:
Reactions: TelloPilot2019

vazmuten

Reaction score
For me:
1. Card slot for flicker free video
2. 1080p camera in order to be up to the rest of the drones
3. Dual band WiFi for connection stability and flicker free video
4. Brushless motors for reliability and more flight time
5. Better batteries
6. Camera optical stabilization
7. Better internal WiFi antenna
8. GPS
9. AI to return home even without battery

Reactions: TelloPilot2019

volate!lo

Reaction score
For me:
1. Card slot for flicker free video
2. 1080p camera in order to be up to the rest of the drones
3. Dual band WiFi for connection stability and flicker free video
4. Brushless motors for reliability and more flight time
5. Better batteries
6. Camera optical stabilization
7. Better internal WiFi antenna
8. GPS
9. AI to return home even without battery
Sounds like spark with EIS. For #9 your only option is to stick your name & address to it :)

Reactions: Daantello

DrDrew4

Reaction score
Website
www.how-to-spark.com
People wonder how DJI cornered the consumer drone market:

Tello owners want all the Spark features.

Spark owners want all the Mavic Air features.

Mavic Air owners want all Mavic Pro features.

Mavic Pro owners want all the Pro 2 features.

And Mavic Pro 2 owners want a Tello.

I think they've got is figured out pretty good!

Ferro

Reaction score
Ok, i though so. We fly (right out of the box) the hubsan zino, hubsan h510s-s, autel evo, Xiaomi Fimi A3 in the park without all the fuss of all that stuff. (weird squealing sound comes from the mortors of that xiaomi fimi a3 drone, but it takes great video)

My mavic pro, spark, and inspire just sit on the shelves.
(that was one of the main reason we never got the mavic 2 or inspre 2. tired of all the hoops you have to jump through.

That is why i also like the tello, Pick it up, turn it on and fly it and it's so small.
I have never had a problem with DJI Go 4 or DJI Go app. My inspire 1V2 has not asked for a update in over a year. The inspire is still my favorite drone to fly.

Reactions: Domikk

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with DJI Go 4 or DJI Go app. My inspire 1V2 has not asked for a update in over a year. The inspire is still my favorite drone to fly.
I don't think the inspire had as many updates as the spark. i don't remember updating my inspire no way near as many updates as my mavic or spark.

just look at all those updates in the past for the spark :(

I felt like i was updating more than i was flying. lol

Still like the spark, But dji just has WAY to many (forced) updates for me and it just seems to always be at the wrong time.

(You have to admit, That is a lot of upgrades)

Attachments

Ansia

Reaction score
People wonder how DJI cornered the consumer drone market:

Tello owners want all the Spark features.

Spark owners want all the Mavic Air features.

Mavic Air owners want all Mavic Pro features.

Mavic Pro owners want all the Pro 2 features.

And Mavic Pro 2 owners want a Tello.

I think they've got is figured out pretty good!
The Mavic Air's camera is better than Mavic Pro. Why you not include Phantoms! :cry:

Reactions: Domikk

volate!lo

Reaction score
And they all want the inspire.
No. Not me.

I know a couple of people with years of experience who own large drones including Inspire, and all agree that Tello has brought back the fun. While the big birds are all way superior in their functions and the footage is a totally different experience its Tello that is used the most. At least for people who live in a country with strict drone regulations and do not own a huge plot of land so have to go to parks and backyards.

Last edited:

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
No. Not me.

I know a couple of people with years of experience who own large drones including Inspire, and all agree that Tello has brought back the fun. While the big birds are all way superior in their functions and the footage is a totally different experience its Tello is used the most. At least for people who live in a country with strict drone regulations and do not own a huge plot of land so have to go to parks and backyards.

agree, i own a lot of larger drones (including inspire) and i enjoy flying the smaller ones now more than the larger ones. too many people are freaking out when you fly larger drones. afraid of what you might see i guess?

but it does not help when you have people doing really dumb things with there drones now. soon, it might be illegal to fly anything of any weight if that continues including a kite or balloon.... :(

start up anything bigger than the hubsan 501s-s and it seems like the world world is staring at you like you are the bad guy for some reason because of what they see on tv. But when you fly the tello, some people even make fun of it for being so small. if they only knew how good the picture is on that little tello, maybe they would be afraid of that on also. ;)

if we can just get a tello 2, same size & weight with a 1080p camera and sd card. i think i would use that one for years for the daily fun toy :) And then i can have the quality video and pictures that are beautiful in a toy so people freak out so much when you fly.

look how far the drones have come in 5 short years...in 5 more....we might have 4k, sd card, eis, etc, etc, etc on a drone the size of a bumble bee. LOL

just look at what is out there now. 480p wifi camera in the size of about a silver dollar and the distance of about 50+ meters :eek:
1.png2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: vazmuten

Ansia

Reaction score
agree, i own a lot of larger drones (including inspire) and i enjoy flying the smaller ones now more than the larger ones. too many people are freaking out when you fly larger drones. afraid of what you might see i guess?

but it does not help when you have people doing really dumb things with there drones now. soon, it might be illegal to fly anything of any weight if that continues including a kite or balloon.... :(

start up anything bigger than the hubsan 501s-s and it seems like the world world is staring at you like you are the bad guy for some reason because of what they see on tv. But when you fly the tello, some people even make fun of it for being so small. if they only knew how good the picture is on that little tello, maybe they would be afraid of that on also. ;)

if we can just get a tello 2, same size & weight with a 1080p camera and sd card. i think i would use that one for years for the daily fun toy :) And then i can have the quality video and pictures that are beautiful in a toy so people freak out so much when you fly.

look how far the drones have come in 5 short years...in 5 more....we might have 4k, sd card, eis, etc, etc, etc on a drone the size of a bumble bee. LOL
In other words, fly up to a window and see what's up?;):ROFLMAO:

Jet

Reaction score

just look at what is out there now. 480p wifi camera in the size of about a silver dollar and the distance of about 50+ meters :eek:
View attachment 2559View attachment 2560
Re: Agree with your Tello 2 features...I'd add just one more feature to your list...Brushless motors.

volate!lo

Reaction score
brushless changes everything. more punch and longevity. but also larger, heavier, less efficient, shorter flight times, more expensive batteries. way more expensive. Overall the "toy tag" would be gone and Tello 2 would be a non-seller.

anbalck

Reaction score
It's possible to make a little drone with brushless motors - i.e. Wingsland S6.
But it is not enough for success...
S6 have 4k EIS camera, GPS, VPS, card slot - all we want from tello2 :)
And project is really DEAD...

volate!lo

Reaction score
S6 is dead for many reasons: Real world flight time is 5-6min. EIS doesn't work. Their VPS is junk, the software buggy.

anbalck

Reaction score
Yes !
All of its "great properties" is not really great if it can not FLY :)

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kriswu