Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Dji Ryse Tello 2

Walleye

Reaction score
Yep it's always a risk. This particular company has successfully delivered drones to the market in the past (e.g., MicroDrone 3.0) but you never know for sure until they deliver. But if I were a betting man I'd bet they will deliver something even if it's a bit later than June 2019...How good will it be..I'm not sure. On paper it sounds great. We'll just have to wait and see.

If it's as good as it appears on paper then it might give the Tello and DJI Spark 1 some competition as it seems to fall in between the two.

Cheers

You're right--it does look very good on paper. Videos look good but can't say for sure they were done with the prototype. Production in June--for backers and retail in October. I'd like to see one "for real" before jumping in.

Jet

Reaction score
I have the large doubts about MD 4.0.
It uses the same motors as Tello. And it is 120 gramms weight...
Tello motors are very hot after 5 minutes flight with added 40 gramms...
We shall see...

monchito

Reaction score
Um the motors would be a concern small brushless would have been a better choice with so many tiny brushless motors out there.

Jet

Reaction score
Um the motors would be a concern small brushless would have been a better choice with so many tiny brushless motors out there.
I agree...I would much preferred brushless motors assuming it wouldn't dramatically affect the battery life and wouldn't have significantly increased the price. There are $60 brushless drones out there today...granted they don't have some of the other expensive components that the MD4.0 has (eg. 2 axis gimbal w/ EIS) but still..... It feels like going with brushed motors was a bit short sighted on their part.

w84death

Reaction score
I was at the local shop asking for spare parts and accessories for Tello. The owner did not know about this drone so when he checked DJI warehouse he asked: "for Tello one or two?". I did not know that the rumors are already there so I did not ask for more info. I wanted to get parts for my drone (Tello 1).

So the DJI have the drone already in the database. This is just another indicator that it will be sooner than later.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kawajb