Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Do I need to calibrate?

davemgood

Reaction score
I was linking my Tello up to the WiFi Extender. I was flying it inside and it took a pretty hard bump. Afterward, when I take off, it slowly starts to drift backwards. Do I now need to calibrate something?

Dave :)

It’s not going to hurt anything.
UPDATE: I ended up reading more on the Forum here and I believe I found the answer: LIGHT. I just tried flying the Tello in outside light. It was stable with no drift. No calabration was needed. The Visual Positioning System need a lit surface below to give stability to the Tello. Should have read the Forum first. DOH! ?

Reactions: Ansia
It is a tough little drone and I hardly need to calibrate after number of crashes indoor. Like you said low light makes vps malfunction and tello will drift.

Like you said low light makes vps malfunction and tello will drift.

Makes for good ATTI mode practice eh? :)

That's what I like about the Tello - in good light and within certain limits it's as stable as a Phantom, or if you want to practice ATTI mode just fly in low light and stay on your toes.

Reactions: Mikeg
Makes for good ATTI mode practice eh? :)

That's what I like about the Tello - in good light and within certain limits it's as stable as a Phantom, or if you want to practice ATTI mode just fly in low light and stay on your toes.
masking tape over the vps sensors = atti mode all the time

Have you really tried this? Mine just automatically lands when i put tape on the bottom sensors
Put the tape over the center hole only, not the two outside ones.

The center hole is a monochrome camera that senses patterns, which is a large part of the VPS.

The 2 outside holes are an infrared emitter and sensor, to help determine height and for landings

Reactions: Guorium
Put the tape over the center hole only, not the two outside ones.

The center hole is a monochrome camera that senses patterns, which is a large part of the VPS.

The 2 outside holes are an infrared emitter and sensor, to help determine height and for landings
I see that's why it kept landing :D I'll surely try this later when I'm back from work. Thanks much

Reactions: umanbean

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv