Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

do videos or photos disappeat if power off tello?

grueDrone

Reaction score
i swear i shot a video and then shut the tello off. well now back home and no videos in the app when i open it up. it was about 2mins of video. i connected to the drone via wifi to see if that makes a difference nope. after i shot the video i did not view it and hit the save to devicen- apple ipad pro 12.

thanks

The Tello itself doen't save any video or photo. Only the app saves ist on your smartphone.
Before you switch off your Tello, stop the video recording and wait until it is saved.

Last edited:
i swear i shot a video and then shut the tello off. well now back home and no videos in the app when i open it up. it was about 2mins of video. i connected to the drone via wifi to see if that makes a difference nope. after i shot the video i did not view it and hit the save to devicen- apple ipad pro 12.

thanks
on iOS devices, the videos are saved inside the gallery inside the Tello app and you have to export them to your photo gallery. Did you check there?

I initially had this problem with my new iPhone XR. When I upgraded, I just did a restore from backup to get all of my apps and data from my iPhone 7 to the XR. Sometimes the videos would save and other times not on the new XR, so I deleted the Tello app from my iPhone and re-installed and I haven't had any problems since.

Hope this helps.

Chris

i went out and flew again. did two flights. after each flight i landed and went to the video/photo portion of the software and did a save right away. i kept the drone on, it saved no problem. then i went to the second location and flew and did the same thing, i verified each time the videos were in my ipad's gallery. nice. so i just will remember to save them before turning off the tello.

i went out and flew again. did two flights. after each flight i landed and went to the video/photo portion of the software and did a save right away. i kept the drone on, it saved no problem. then i went to the second location and flew and did the same thing, i verified each time the videos were in my ipad's gallery. nice. so i just will remember to save them before turning off the tello.
You shouldn't need to have the Tello on before saving the videos. When I had an iOS I would fly and record video/photos. Then later when I remembered, I would save them to gallery.

I heard it is iOS version issue. If I shut tello before pressing stop, the vid does not get saved in the control app. Not in cameral roll either. Also tello randomly does not save vid, quite consistently the first vid after wifi connection doe snot get saved too. But today my issue is gone and I dont recall doing anything. Maybe it comes back later. This is reported to ryze by many ppl as well.

With my Android phone the photos and videos save directly to my Gallery in a new folder called Tello, not in the app. I've never had an issue where they weren't there. They come to it as they are taken in real time, as long as the signal is good. You should be able to turn off the Tello as soon as it lands. I don't think there is a way for it to delay the transfer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv