Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Emulating AP/Station Mode using a Raspberry Pi

foofyyy

Reaction score
Hey!
I was wondering if, by using a Raspberry Pi Zero and some software, if it would be possible to emulate the "AP" mode provided on the Tello EDU on my non-EDU Tello?
If anyone knows of a simple script / package to install and have it work, that'd be amazing!
If not, I'll try on my own once I get another RPi0, since my first one died :(

AP command tells each Tello (of 2 or more in a swarm): "on next booting connect to the certain Access Point and get an IP-address". So each Tello has its own individual address and they all are in the same wireless network.
After that you may also connect to this wireless network from a Raspberry Pi, a PC or a mobile device and send SDK commands to each drone and so to control each of them.

To emulate the same behavior you'll need on each Tello an MCU or SBC with 2 Wi-Fi modules to act as a bridge: getting commands from the 1st network via Access Point (via 1st Wi-Fi) and re-sending them to Tello's network (via 2nd Wi-Fi).
It's because Tello (not EDU) has the fixed IP-address 192.168.10.1 in its own Wi-Fi network. And an ordinary Tello can't receive commands via USB port like Tello Talent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv