Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Fpv app for iPhone ???

Stock app from Ryze is FPV capable. Check Settings (gearwheel icon) >> VR.

the iOS app is a complete piece of junk, drops video like nobody's business and takes a real long time to connect to the drone. I borrowed my wive's Android phone to see if tello FPV was better and holy cow, it works like it should. I was a second away from returning the drone.

Husband iPhone and wife android. Sounds like a recipe for disaster...

Sadly I can't build any iOS app, because apple doesn't let me into their walled garden of happiness. I don't have the authorization papers they want. And ryze doesn't event answer my requests for such authorization.
So there is a nice and functional followme app for tello waiting at the gates....

Husband iPhone and wife android. Sounds like a recipe for disaster...

Sadly I can't build any iOS app, because apple doesn't let me into their walled garden of happiness. I don't have the authorization papers they want. And ryze doesn't event answer my requests for such authorization.
So there is a nice and functional followme app for tello waiting at the gates....

Is there any way to distribute the .ipa file so that we can install via Cydia impactor?

Payment can be done In advance via PayPal. Can you somehow lock (common practice for jb apps) the .ipa with the udid of the iPhone of the buyer?
It is a shame you having spent time and money and getting back nothing and there is a lot of us who want to pay for a nice follow me app.

Is there any way to distribute the .ipa file so that we can install via Cydia impactor?

Payment can be done In advance via PayPal. Can you somehow lock (common practice for jb apps) the .ipa with the udid of the iPhone of the buyer?
It is a shame you having spent time and money and getting back nothing and there is a lot of us who want to pay for a nice follow me app.
I'd have to include each UDID into the build. That would mean an additional build for every user, and several emails back and forth. I could sell probably a few dozen licenses.

For a purchased license people rightfully expect a fully working app and support. In the end I'd have 80% of the effort for 1% of the revenue. Doesn't sound like a smart idea.

This is currently a dead end. Apple keeps asking for the authorization and Ryze ignores my requests. I am blacklisted and they don't even answer me.

Apple say they have raised the internal escalation level, but I guess this is just another word for "hold on - we'll get back in a year or so".

I'd have to include each UDID into the build. That would mean an additional build for every user, and several emails back and forth. I could sell probably a few dozen licenses.

For a purchased license people rightfully expect a fully working app and support. In the end I'd have 80% of the effort for 1% of the revenue. Doesn't sound like a smart idea.

This is currently a dead end. Apple keeps asking for the authorization and Ryze ignores my requests. I am blacklisted and they don't even answer me.

Apple say they have raised the internal escalation level, but I guess this is just another word for "hold on - we'll get back in a year or so".

All i am saying is the app is already ready. Why not make at least a little amount of money for your efforts, while in the meanwhile providing a much wanted app to people like me?
Personally speaking i would get the app as it is, no need for updates and support.

If I ever get this through the review I'll let you know so you can be one of the first beta testers.

But I can't and I won't release an app in its current state. There is still some effort in terms of beta testing, PID tuning, and maybe a few more bugs I will only find out once it goes into beta.
Sadly there is absolutely no point in finishing this app if Apple doesn't let me in. So it is and will be on hold until this is resolved.
In the meantime I am finishing a few things in TelloFpv and will then port the TelloMe app over to Android.

If I ever get this through the review I'll let you know so you can be one of the first beta testers.

But I can't and I won't release an app in its current state. There is still some effort in terms of beta testing, PID tuning, and maybe a few more bugs I will only find out once it goes into beta.
Sadly there is absolutely no point in finishing this app if Apple doesn't let me in. So it is and will be on hold until this is resolved.
In the meantime I am finishing a few things in TelloFpv and will then port the TelloMe app over to Android.

Understood. Thanks for clarifying.

Hi!

I have used the app on two occasions (indoors, outdoors but no open space) so far.
My observations:

Never used track group of faces/people.

Face tracking is what you understand it is. It needs to see a face. If the face exits the fov then tracking stops.

Person tracking is far more forgiving. I prefer to use this because it tracks more reliably.

Object tracking is not recommended at this moment. Very easy to get confused.

My phone is an iPhone XS, btw. I do like the app, in an open field with little wind it would be amazing.

One thing you'd should add functionality wise is a loud audible notification when it loses tracking. Even an optional beep every sec when tracking is active I think would be nice.

Will get back with more.

Thanks for giving me access in the beta release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SandiSCE
That sound for lost track makes sense, will add that for the next build.

Object tracking doesn't really make sense anyway. Tello is far too slow for following a car, dogs are typically too agile, cats seem to hate Tello, so no clue what I could use for testing

Reactions: trelo
Of course an Apple Watch app would be great. Full control over AW. Even better as a stand-alone app. Could the Tello connect directly to the AW over WiFi, btw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

could work with the most recent WatchOS, why not?
However that use case is too specialized to be of any commercial relevance. Ryze could offer such specialized features as part of the complete package, and could promote the AppleWatch as a differentiator for their drone. Sadly they are not interested...

As a 3rd party (paid) app its doomed to be a commercial fail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv