Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamesir T1s with OTG?

Walleye

Reaction score
Newbie question...I’d like to try the T1s with OTG connection. How to do? Do I first pair to Android phone with Bluetooth, restart and connect with OTG? When in the process do I start Tello and TelloFPV?
TYVM!!

Hi,

What works for me is to
- first power up the T1s by pressing the on/off button while holding the B-button as well (a-button will also work depending on what kind of phone you use).
- connect your otg cable from the T1s to your phone
- switch phone to airplane mode
- power up tello
- start up the app you are using
- connect to the tello network

Your t1s can be used in different modes and more than one mode might work. In my case I can use both Android mode (on/off+B or on/off+A on startup) or PC mode (on/off+X on startup). If you use the TelloFPV app and scan for controllers a different mode of controller will result in a different named controller in the app as well. I could not find differences in possibilities so use whatever mode is working.

Reactions: Flomar and Guorium
Newbie question...I’d like to try the T1s with OTG connection. How to do? Do I first pair to Android phone with Bluetooth, restart and connect with OTG? When in the process do I start Tello and TelloFPV?
TYVM!!

Do not pair the controller using bluetooth. Turn bluetooth off completely in the setting on your phone. The controller should power up automatically when you connect the OTG cable. That's all there is to it.

It must be a T1 or T1s to work with an OTG cable. The T1d will not work with an OTG cable.

Reactions: Olfex
Do not pair the controller using bluetooth. Turn bluetooth off completely in the setting on your phone. The controller should power up automatically when you connect the OTG cable. That's all there is to it.

It must be a T1 or T1s to work with an OTG cable. The T1d will not work with an OTG cable.
Thanks again.

Hi,

What works for me is to
- first power up the T1s by pressing the on/off button while holding the B-button as well (a-button will also work depending on what kind of phone you use).
- connect your otg cable from the T1s to your phone
- switch phone to airplane mode
- power up tello
- start up the app you are using
- connect to the tello network

Your t1s can be used in different modes and more than one mode might work. In my case I can use both Android mode (on/off+B or on/off+A on startup) or PC mode (on/off+X on startup). If you use the TelloFPV app and scan for controllers a different mode of controller will result in a different named controller in the app as well. I could not find differences in possibilities so use whatever mode is working.

Well, I must be doing something wrong.
T1s fully charged. Tried powering up using +A, +B and even +X
Connect OTG from T1s to phone
Phone to airplane mode
Power up Tello
Start TelloFPV—I can only see scan for T1D and wants me to start BlueTooth.
Tried Tello, also wants BlueTooth
Connected to Tello wifi
T1s still blinking and hasn’t paired with Tello or phone/app
I made sure my OTG to GameSir and phone connection was secure.
So, T1s isn’t paired and can’t use with OTG connection.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Tried powering up using +A, +B and even +X
*Don't power up the T1s.
*Go to your phone's main home screen.
*Plug the OTG cable into your phone and the T1s
*The t1s will power on and light up
*Pull backwards on the left stick
*You should see movement or a response on the phone's main home screen
*If not, you have other problems - check otg cable, phone USB port

Reactions: March411
The OTG cable is not bi directional. Try flipping it end for end. If your cable is marked the host end must go to the phone. The controller should power up as soon as the cable is connected.

One other suggestion; check if your phone is OTG compatible in the first place. There are phones that are just not compatible. I've read that this app USB OTG Checker - Apps on Google Play could find out for you if needed. I haven't used this app myself so I can't give you first hand experience.

Thank you all again for your help. The problem was the OTG cable/dongle that I bought from Drone Valley. It wasn’t making a good connection with the T1s. I used the cord that came with the Gamesir and the original dongle that came with my phone and it works. I selected Xbox controller on TelloFPV and voila I’m flying (inside for now) with no Bluetooth interference. Able to adjust controls and assign buttons. Can’t wait to take it outside with an extender and evaluate video. I was getting a lot of frame dropping and pixelation before and hopefully it’ll be better. Hooray!!

Reactions: March411
Thank you all again for your help. The problem was the OTG cable/dongle that I bought from Drone Valley. It wasn’t making a good connection with the T1s. I used the cord that came with the Gamesir and the original dongle that came with my phone and it works. I selected Xbox controller on TelloFPV and voila I’m flying (inside for now) with no Bluetooth interference. Able to adjust controls and assign buttons. Can’t wait to take it outside with an extender and evaluate video. I was getting a lot of frame dropping and pixelation before and hopefully it’ll be better. Hooray!!
Just remember to switch off bluetooth (even if you don't use it)!

Hi, I'm having similar problems. Following U's suggestions I tested the left knob with my phone and it toggled through the apps on my home screen, so the the T1S is talking to my OTG capable phone. I downloaded the USB app. I have an OTG cable that is micro b on both ends and a OTG type C adapter for my phone. When I plug the adapter into my phone it asks my to choose what I want the USB to do. Transfer video or files etc. and I've tried various settings. Turned off bluetooth, airplane mode and the phone says connected but it does not control the tello. The bluetooth on the T1S is sketchy and drops out constantly so that is useless. I also have the T1D but I like the idea of the OTG on the T1S. Any thoughts?

Hi, I'm having similar problems. Following U's suggestions I tested the left knob with my phone and it toggled through the apps on my home screen, so the the T1S is talking to my OTG capable phone. I downloaded the USB app. I have an OTG cable that is micro b on both ends and a OTG type C adapter for my phone. When I plug the adapter into my phone it asks my to choose what I want the USB to do. Transfer video or files etc. and I've tried various settings. Turned off bluetooth, airplane mode and the phone says connected but it does not control the tello. The bluetooth on the T1S is sketchy and drops out constantly so that is useless. I also have the T1D but I like the idea of the OTG on the T1S. Any thoughts?

Are you using official tello app? The official app only supports Bluetooth connection for controller. If you want to use it via otg you need tellofpv app.

Hi, I just ordered a Gamesir T1S with OTG cable for my Tello, so I abandon the T1D and Bluetooth.
I'm sure now that those annoying WiFi interference will disappear!

I'm also using the gamesir but only the 3gs with otg and the tello fpv app. Will not venture near bluetooth again especially if I'm using the repeater as well. Almost lost the tello with a bluetooth controller. It was working fine with just the phone but the moment the repeater was used as well it became a nightmare. Now the gamesir is used wired with no lag and the Bluetooth controller is used for playing free fire?. And my t1s arrived a week ago and will be the tellos backup for when the g3s packs up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv