Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

hello everyone! i am stuck with swarming the normal tellos, how can i connect 3 drones to my pc, all of them have the same ip?

najeebah11

Reaction score
hello everyone! i am stuck with swarming the normal tellos, how can i connect 3 drones to my pc, all of them have the same ip?
i am able to control one drone at a time and can access and control it using python but the creation of a network is hard as all of them have the same ip.

There were some threads already discussing this (you should be able to find them with the search function).

In short:
  • You need several WiFi adapters.
  • With Windows, there doesn't seem to be an option to handle this problem on interface level. With Linux, you have deeper control over the particular interfaces, so there you can address them indivdually.

Reactions: adesmond
Swarm flying can be complicated. For simple swarm flying, you could try the Tello EDU It has a module for swarm flying. One of the teens that I mentor, last Sunday got three Tello EDU's flying in a simple swarm pattern with the Tello EDU app, using the block coding app. the app is very powerful, but as usual for DJI, little to no. instruction. The app registers each drone separately. If you like, this Sunday, we could post a video of this for you. We tired changing the IP's by reserving new addresses in the router software as others have done on youtube . This was difficult and cumbersome. We finally switched drones for complex swarm formation flying. I am told that the Apple swift system has a way to do swarms also. Good luck.

Reactions: Kallred
Swarm flying can be complicated. For simple swarm flying, you could try the Tello EDU It has a module for swarm flying. One of the teens that I mentor, last Sunday got three Tello EDU's flying in a simple swarm pattern with the Tello EDU app, using the block coding app. the app is very powerful, but as usual for DJI, little to no. instruction. The app registers each drone separately. If you like, this Sunday, we could post a video of this for you. We tired changing the IP's by reserving new addresses in the router software as others have done on youtube . This was difficult and cumbersome. We finally switched drones for complex swarm formation flying. I am told that the Apple swift system has a way to do swarms also. Good luck.
Thanks for replying
I would appreciate if you help me by sending the video at [email protected]

the problem that I have is that I already have bought the normal tellos, can you help me out with any network creation for the control

thanks!

Reactions: Kallred
As mentioned already, there are only ways to solve it on Linux, requiring seperate WiFi adapters (e.g. the built-in and an USB WiFi adapter). Here are two threads, that discuss it:
If you want to control only a few Tellos, that might be a solution. If you plan to control 4 or more, you should think about switching to Tello EDU. If you also want light effects with hardware "out-of-the-box", you should think about Tello Talent.

Programs or apps like "Tello EDU" or DroneBlocks or Mind+will not help you, as they support formations only with Tello EDU or Tello Talent.

In my signature you also find a link to a thread on Tello formations with video examples and an approach to build your own light effects.

Hi Dan,
Did you ever get a chance to create that video? I'm working on doing a swarm (probably only with 2 drones) but I'm not sure how to connect them in the Tello-EDU app with the block coding.

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843