Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hello from the UK

chorlton2080

Reaction score
Was so eager to try the Tello, I rushed out in 20mph winds - fully expecting the drone to be unflyable. But... OMG! It dipped its head towards the, at times gusty wind, and held position perfectly! Of course, the app wasn't happy, snapping back to me about the wind speed ;)

Any idea how long the brushed motors will last?

hello and welcome among the tello pilots.
the tello is strong enough in the wind, but don't overdo it!?
Ryze declares the engines at 40 hours of continuous work under stress. but this is all to be evaluated .. I already have more than 10 hours of flight and I still hold up well.?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .(y)

Reactions: chorlton2080
Welcome in!

Good question, I am eager to experiment that!
Here's my Tello FPV log ~ 21h already, motors are impressively fine still.
View attachment 6419
That's reassuring, I read 4h somehere which would have been seriously limiting. BTW, I love the maximum flight time stat in your Flight Log! It does seem very consistent across users. Have you really had it 5km away from you??? :O

I'm now playing with the Xbox One controller and TelloFPV and TelloMe. What a combination!

Reactions: Rattydude77
hello and welcome among the tello pilots.
the tello is strong enough in the wind, but don't overdo it!?
Ryze declares the engines at 40 hours of continuous work under stress. but this is all to be evaluated .. I already have more than 10 hours of flight and I still hold up well.?
40h is better than the 4h I read, it must have been a typo - that's a relief!

this is what Ryze and another supplier of non-genuine engines told me .. they always claim 40 hours ... if they don't get hit hard, they could get there but for now I think nobody on the forum has done so much with tello engines.

this is what Ryze and another supplier of non-genuine engines told me .. they always claim 40 hours ... if they don't get hit hard, they could get there but for now I think nobody on the forum has done so much with tello engines.
I stopped tracking flight time for my tello #1 at around 65h. I retired it around 2 months later which means well over 80hrs. That includes literally hundreds of "mild" crashes - mostly indoor crashes when programming my apps, like touching walls.
It is still flying OK but one motor gets hot quickly and VPS is unreliable due to tons of vibration, so its now a display unit on the shelf.

Most following units also lived well over 40h, except one which lost one engine in a bad crash and one that was crushed into pieces by Singapore Airline's baggage handling.

Last edited:
Maybe it is because I don't do that many long flights compared to others. App development means many short flights of 1-3 min instead of going for a full battery for each flight. I do long flights, but most hours come from short ones.

I don't know. I replaced brushed motors on a monthly basis for some other quadcopters like my Hubsans but I never replaced one on a Tello.

I understand ... I have two telos, one I keep it new in reserve and the other has already 10 hours of full flight. I know it's not much but the engines still hold up well.
I have already purchased 8 replacement engines and hope to replace them in a long time.

I understand ... I have two telos, one I keep it new in reserve and the other has already 10 hours of full flight. I know it's not much but the engines still hold up well.
I have already purchased 8 replacement engines and hope to replace them in a long time.
Any recommendations on replacement motors? Just for future reference ;)

Any recommendations on replacement motors? Just for future reference ;)
luckily I haven't had the chance to change the dead yet .. but on the internet you can find many tutorials on how to do it. one piece of advice I can give you is to get spare engines immediately, given the long shipments of some online sites.
A greeting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wroxel