Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

How to connect Flypad to

DocNo

Reaction score
Hi folks

i am have a tello drone with TelloFPV (1.12), a Samsung S9 and a parrot flypad but i failed to connect to parrot controller to the TelloFPV. I could connect the parrot controller to the Smartphone via Bluetooth. Inside the TelloFPV app under "Controller" i was able to select the Flypad for teacher and student ("Flypad 152147" in my case) but I wasn't able to fly the tello drone with it.
Does anybody have an idea what i did wrong and how to connect the Flypad with the drone?

Thanks for any comment on this.
jens

Reactions: umanbean
you should not "pair" the flypad in the Android bluetooth settings. If its paired please unpair.
Then you should select the flypad as "student" so you can override it in case of trouble using onscreen controls.
After that go into the controller mapping settings and check that the sticks are actually mapped (select the flypad for controller). maybe you don't have correct mappings assigned for some reason. If its missing just re-do the mapping

Reactions: DocNo
Hi volate!lo
sorry for answering so late. The first time I failed with your guideline, but now it's working pretty well! Thank you very much for the hint not to connect the bluetooth first with the smartphone!!
I love tello and TelloFPV!!!
Greating from Bremen
jens

Reactions: volate!lo
I purchased the flypad parrot controller but I can't connect to the TelloFPV app while searching, can't find anything .. any advice?it is not detected even by the smartphone.?
thank you.

Last edited:
Activate the location detection in the smartphone and then try again with the Bluetooth connection.

I'll try again later. thank you.
must the tello be connected to the TelloFPV app while searching for the flypad? but I think not!

does it show up in the bluetooth app if you search for new devices?
If not it is defective.

If it does you could try one of the Parrot Bebop apps

I tried to do the research, but nothing is detected! no results even with Parrot app.
it connects only with otg cable but after a while to disconnect.?

Surely this is the problem. procedure already performed returned.
Purchased used in the online shop for 30 euros.
New it costs me 70 euros ..

I bought a new parrot Swing with controller for 26 and sold the then used swing without the flypad for 20

unfortunately it is a controller difficult to find ... at affordable prices.

flypad returned! now I wonder if it is better to buy a new flypad or to stay still on the gamesir T1d? I really liked flypad!
but i heard that the creates much more interference on wifi than T1D is that true?
thank you.

I am tempted to purchase a new flypad. compared to gamesir, it seemed much better to me in rc style. certainly more precise in the commands of the small drone ...
thank you so much.

Yes, I had already thought about a Flysky type rc controller but I was looking for something smaller and portable and the flypad was perfect ... unfortunately I didn't have the chance to try it, but the handle and levers are excellent!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv