Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

How to do an emergency stop?

annevanzwol

Reaction score
Is there a way to shut the drone down when flying?

For emergency situations. E.g. drone drifting towards the water, trees etc.

Is there a way to shut the drone down when flying?

For emergency situations. E.g. drone drifting towards the water, trees etc.

No. Fly it carefully and if it starts to drift out of control, just land it. Hopefully, it will be in a good landing spot.

EDIT - Not sure if flying with a remote controller would be different...it may be. If flying with a remote controller, it may be possible to do a Combination Stick Command (CSC) which will kill the motors. If that is the case, the aircraft will just drop out of the sky though...and, you will take your chances as to whether or not the aircraft would survive the impact.

Last edited:
I can’t take off with the controller doing that. Have use the take off button

I have the T1d controller and I don't see any control that is basically a kill switch. I do wish that was an option. I had that option on my little indoor helicopter and it was often used. Get in trouble, shut it down.

With TelloFpv you have to rapidly tap the stop button (or the assigned controller button) five times to kill the motors inflight. Or maybe six times??

With TelloFpv you have to rapidly tap the stop button (or the assigned controller button) five times to kill the motors inflight. Or maybe six times??

I’ll try that. That is another example of where it would be nice to be able to program the controller (the Td1).

the t1d is programmable in the sense that you can assign functions to the buttons, that is with TelloFpv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv