Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

I Finally Found a Wifi Range Extender | Xiaomi Mi Alternative

For anyone coming back here to find out how to connect their Xiaomi Mi WiFi extender Repeater 2, here is the issue that we forget in order to FIND IT in the app. YOU MUST identify your location as HONG CONG in order for the app to find that device. THEN, you can connect to it again. Why Xiaomi never did fix that location thing is beyond me. I can't imagine how many frustrated users there are because of this and the distrust of the product line having left this mess so long. This extender, repeater, is NOT shown using the USA as a location, only Hong Cong.

Reactions: volate!lo
My recommendation is this:
High output power, external antennas, compact and USB powered. No app, that sends your data to China...
Input power requirements 10w and P2P transmission distance of 400-500m :unsure: doesn't sound legal. But with 5-24v this is a device I could use for other projects as well.
Nice one, thanks!

Can you confirm it works OK with Tello?

Input power requirements 10w and P2P transmission distance of 400-500m :unsure: doesn't sound legal. But with 5-24v this is a device I could use for other projects as well.
Nice one, thanks!

Can you confirm it works OK with Tello?
They only recommend 5V/2A power supply in order to make sure, that it is stable enough. Consumption is much less. It has no active or passive cooling and is pretty lightweight. When it is running for some time, it get's hand-warm. I did'nt measure but I would expect it to consume not more than 1-2W.

The box contains a "certificate" that claims CE conformity, see e.g. at 00:56:

By default, it is set to 20 dBm, which is allowed in EU (but it has a setting for 23 dBm to be used in other countries).

They state, that it will cover a range of up to 600m but I guess this is not realistic (especially not at 20 dBm and not with the tiny antennas of the Tello on the other end). In real life, I would expect about stable 200 m, which is pretty ok for Tello.

Yes, I can confirm that it works with Tello. The setup is a bit cumbersome but we also have less experienced users here, who got it working, if you follow this conversation (in that you also participated...): Video stream range vs. controls range / Vonets VAP11S repeater

Last edited:
Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan