Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Is continuous movement available?

Zeerou

Reaction score
Hi there,

today I got my Tello and started making desktop app for flying it using keyboard (don't bash me). So I wrote myself a program that sends the commands like "takeoff, forward x, etc..". But the drone takes the command, and doesn't accept any further commands until the previous is completed. So the controlling feels like turn-based game.

Is there any way to make it continuous, like you hold arrow up and it goes constantly forward? I hope you get the idea.

Thanks.

I have no experience with the SDK but I think the command RC is what you are looking for:
Send RC control via four channels. a: left/right (-100~100) b: forward/backward (-100~100) c: up/down (-100~100) d: yaw (-100~100)

You were right, works like a charm. Controlling with keyboard is really easy for inexperienced pilot.

I will drop link to the repository. grohj/KoTello

How does the "rc" command work?
-100..100 - it it a per cent of virtual stick movement?
Should the "rc" command be performed in a cycle? If so, then what is the minimum sleep time between the command executions?

How does the "rc" command work?
-100..100 - it it a per cent of virtual stick movement?
Should the "rc" command be performed in a cycle? If so, then what is the minimum sleep time between the command executions?

Yes . “RC” keep in the last rc state and stops need zero parameter. ( rc 0 0 0 0 )

Last edited:
HI, i create a pythom script for use keyboard to controll tello, where i put the rc code? i use
sock.sendto('rc left/right (-100~100), forward/backward (-100~100), up/down (-100~100), yaw (-100~100))'.encode(encoding="utf-8"), tello_address) but i dont now where i put this. thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode