Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Is there a new Tello being released

Beano

Reaction score
Hi there. I have been following this forum for months now and really want to go ahead and buy a tello. However I keep reading about the Tello Talent and the fact that it might have some improvements on the original model. Does anyone know if a new improved version will be released this year? or should I just go ahead with the original? Love the forum

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .(y)

Does anyone know if a new improved version will be released this year? or should I just go ahead with the original? Love the forum

Welcome in,

Seems to me the new Tello Talent is released in China but there's no signs of this thing being released outside of it soon.

Because of the low price of the Tello and the fact that you've got a whole community of folks here that will keep on flying their traditionnal Tellos I'd advise you to just go for it now. Worst case scenario you'll end up loving it so much that you'll get yourself a Talent as your 2nd Tello. ;p

Reactions: Flydrone
a welcome from me too .. I'm sure this fantastic little drone will give you a lot of satisfaction!??

I have a really tight amount of money that I can use to buy me crap, I have decided I wanted to look into drones and found this, the Tello drone. I think that it is perfect for what I need in every aspect except for the fact that it lacks range capability, is really spotty in urban areas and that it is Laggy. I only get one shot and if I choose a bad drone or product I lose basically the only chance to get into flying. I need somebody to let me know if there will be a new tello that has no lag time and better range but at the same price. And if anyone else has experience with this drone and can give me an honest answer.

Even after almost 3 years there is no serious contender on the horizon, and also no rumors about any successor by Ryze / DJI.

Get a $10 wifi extender and you have all the range you can ask for (in that price range). Stick to a few rules and there isn't much lag in the video.

Reactions: Fari
but just how much range can you get out of a simple wifi extender.
Do you have any suggestions and how much range do they have

I have my Tello a week now and have been flying it a little bit indoors. I was excited to try it outside, but the weather is either too wet or too windy. I decided today to have a go outside as I was feeling confident that I could control it. There was a breeze that I though it would handle. Luckily for me I have a high hedge on one side of my garden as it took off hovered for about 2 seconds and then the gust took it straight into the hedge. Just as well the wind wasnt going in the other direction as I would have to call to quiet a few neighbours to find out if it landed in their garden. Phew.

but just how much range can you get out of a simple wifi extender.
Do you have any suggestions and how much range do they have
In direct line of sight without any other signals nearby: 300m/1000ft with good reliability
Maximum I have done personally: 500m / 1500ft using just a standard wifi repeater (Xiaomi Nano Youth, no longer sold).
Maximum I have seen videos with good credibility: 1400m / 3000ft (using Xiaomi Repeater with reflector)

Plus a couple of videos over 2km that look like fake

I have my Tello a week now and have been flying it a little bit indoors. I was excited to try it outside, but the weather is either too wet or too windy. I decided today to have a go outside as I was feeling confident that I could control it. There was a breeze that I though it would handle. Luckily for me I have a high hedge on one side of my garden as it took off hovered for about 2 seconds and then the gust took it straight into the hedge. Just as well the wind wasnt going in the other direction as I would have to call to quiet a few neighbours to find out if it landed in their garden. Phew.

Tello can handle a good breeze if you do two things: Fly in sport / speed mode and always fly at least 1.5m high

Thanks Volatello. I was about 2 metres high as my wall is about that with the hedge going another meter. I cleared the wall. It was a gust so that is probably what happened. You app is amazing by the way. I only used the Tello app to update the software and do a calibration.

thanks!
Always keep Tello >1.5m above whatever is underneath. If you fly low over something (the hedge) tello will reduce attitude angles and become sluggish, making it impossible to fight any wind.

Hi there. I have been following this forum for months now and really want to go ahead and buy a tello. However I keep reading about the Tello Talent and the fact that it might have some improvements on the original model. Does anyone know if a new improved version will be released this year? or should I just go ahead with the original? Love the forum
Thanks to the many fine developers here, original Tello is regularly offering new functions. I’ll get the new one when it is offered but you still want to keep the original

I've flown the Tello, Spark, Mavic Pro Platinum and the Mini 2. A while back I sold my Tello to a friend in another state. But guess what I just did!!!! I got another Tello. I missed the little fellow. It's so special, so easy to launch, so versatile and reliable. This time I won't get a GameSir. I'm only going to use my phone with Tello FPV by Volatello. (I see his posts here. Thanks, Sir, for a great app.) I carry Tello when walking my dog. Anytime I want a quick higher view or a selfie of my Lacey and I walking these country roads, Tello goes up in a flash, so simple, a delight, STILL.

I just wiped the dust off my mini because I need a photo shot from straight above. Haven't flown it since October I guess.
Tello is in the air almost every day.

Tello's secret: Tiny, nothing needed but the phone, less than 20 seconds to launch, great stability and excellent still photos - all with no risk to anyone.

No other drone offers this, especially no large GPS drone.

Reactions: Flydrone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv