Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Mission Pad Issues

tello-ajd

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on getting mission pad recognition to work? I'm trying to get my Tello EDU drone to fly from mission pad to mission pad. It can recognize the mission pad it takes off from but I always get either 'out of range' or 'no valid marker' error when the drone is clearly within the detection range illustrated in the mission pad user guide. I would really appreciate any insight!

Hello I am not sure this will help. Using these pads is tricky. Look at instructions manual and this is a good drawing of field of view of the camera/sensor. The pads should not be to far from each other, height of drone is important, and also need good flat lighting. Surrounding surface can be a problem. We have switched to Aruco markers ( easy to print ) WE have also switched to the Makerifre LiteBee Wing FM. As we gave up on swarm flying with the Tello, TT, and documentation only in Chinese. . Swarm flying up to 10 drones is easy with this system with good English documentation. and the new Tello is not sold in the USA. I hope this helps. We have many videos on our Youtube channel MECATX you can contact me at [email protected]

Attachments

• FLOOR PAD 4 SWARM fprogram rom china.jpg
    FLOOR PAD 4 SWARM fprogram rom china.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 18
  • FLOOR PAD 4 SWARM fprogram rom china # 1 - 4.jpg
    FLOOR PAD 4 SWARM fprogram rom china # 1 - 4.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 20
  • dreonswarm carpet 1.5 x 1.5 m.jpg
    dreonswarm carpet 1.5 x 1.5 m.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • #39 IMG_20210209_195954_7.jpg
    #39 IMG_20210209_195954_7.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Mike Shock
Hello I am not sure this will help. Using these pads is tricky. Look at instructions manual and this is a good drawing of field of view of the camera/sensor. The pads should not be to far from each other, height of drone is important, and also need good flat lighting. Surrounding surface can be a problem. We have switched to Aruco markers ( easy to print ) WE have also switched to the Makerifre LiteBee Wing FM. As we gave up on swarm flying with the Tello, TT, and documentation only in Chinese. . Swarm flying up to 10 drones is easy with this system with good English documentation. and the new Tello is not sold in the USA. I hope this helps. We have many videos on our Youtube channel MECATX you can contact me at [email protected]
Very interesting and promising! Do you have a GitHub section with code samples? I'd like to learn from you.

I'm a teacher and programmer from Russia. And I'm writing a Tello programming manual for schoolchildren. I also plan to develop a new library in the Ruby programming language for controlling Tello EDU swarm.

Reactions: NemAT44
You can contact me at [email protected],. Would love to work with you ,as I am a multi-culturalist as you will se from out Youtube channel MECATX. We mentor in STEAM/STEM, which means we add the arts to the technology. ( especially music for our drone to dance/move to ) As I said, we do some work still with the Tello ( and should have tow new Robomaster Tello TT arriving soon ) Most of what we can to do , we can do with ease with the Makerfire LiteBee Wind FM. Our youth tried for a bout tow years to learn to do it with the Tello, and could not. they were just to quirky to fly 10 at the same time. ( swarm ) That is tough enough with any that has a short battery life ( 10 minutes ) Problems with one drone and the mission does not work. We are not programmers, so we do not have a Git Hub site. We produce mostly videos. Also do a lot of cutting and pasting programs to make them work for or our needs. mostly in Python and some in C++ ) We also use a lot of block codding. ( Scratch, Snap, M-bl;ock, etc. ) We can also do ZOOM sessions if you have that capability there. Thank you for your interest in our work.

Reactions: Mike Shock
You can contact me at [email protected],. Would love to work with you ,as I am a multi-culturalist as you will se from out Youtube channel MECATX. We mentor in STEAM/STEM, which means we add the arts to the technology. ( especially music for our drone to dance/move to ) As I said, we do some work still with the Tello ( and should have tow new Robomaster Tello TT arriving soon ) Most of what we can to do , we can do with ease with the Makerfire LiteBee Wind FM. Our youth tried for a bout tow years to learn to do it with the Tello, and could not. they were just to quirky to fly 10 at the same time. ( swarm ) That is tough enough with any that has a short battery life ( 10 minutes ) Problems with one drone and the mission does not work. We are not programmers, so we do not have a Git Hub site. We produce mostly videos. Also do a lot of cutting and pasting programs to make them work for or our needs. mostly in Python and some in C++ ) We also use a lot of block codding. ( Scratch, Snap, M-bl;ock, etc. ) We can also do ZOOM sessions if you have that capability there. Thank you for your interest in our work.
Thank you for a detailed reply. When I have a certain problem, I'll write you a question by e-mail.
Now I'm learning to perform precise programmatic control of a drone flight by using RC command.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode