Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

My first fatal crash!

umanbean

Reaction score
Well, Buzzy is OOS (out of service) ☹

The crash was totally my fault. And now I need a motor @ 8 o'clock (left rear) position! I'd like to replace just the one motor so I'll be searching for a set with similar specs to OEM. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I decided to finally update Tellofpv to 1.5c... of course the app is fine and the update went without a hitch. Several test flights in my kitchen went well. So then I updated Tellofpv Copilot on my tablet. Set everything up on my kitchen bar - Tello, Mi 2, tablet on a stand, flying w/ my phone and no external controller.

Phone in hand and watching the display on the tablet, I ascended - right into the #@&% ceiling fan!

I tried pulling up on the prop shaft with pliers but that didn't work. So then I made my second mistake. I then pulled so hard, the motor slipped from my fingers on the other hand and I pulled the blasted thing right out of the socket!

Grrrrr... I can do some stupid things sometimes!

Last edited:
No way?! That's terrible! I know my Tello's on borrowed time after a dozen+ hard crashes & shattered props. Go big or go home!

I was looking at the Micro Motor Warehouse motors but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Had looked at these if you want to get the bird back up and running ASAP on the cheap.

While you're waiting for Two Day Prime Shipping and at the kitchen bar anyway, liquor up... :D

While you're waiting for Two Day Prime Shipping and at the kitchen bar anyway, liquor up... :D
No liquor for me (on weekdays LOL)... did have a Blue Moon though, just to put things in perspective. :)

Amazon has a dizzying selection of 8520 motors... ended up ordering the ones you linked just in time to get them by Friday. Thanks

Still can't believe I did that. I knew that #@&% ceiling fan was up there!

Brushed motor replacements are bound to happen at some point - accidents or due to the motor's lifespan.

My ceiling fan is set for CCW rotation which pushes the air down during summer months. Had flown the Tello under this once for :poop: and giggles. Fun and intense, wrestling with the controller and balancing the Tello. I like to temp fate. :LOL:

Good luck on the drone surgery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madrid