Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

My personalized suitcase to carry Tello

And now the other extreme: small case for hiking, light travels, and whenever things might get rough...

A kid's lunch box and some reused packaging foam. Took 5 minutes and was free.
Securely holds tello, props, spare props, 2 batteries, a small bluetooth controller (or another battery), charge cable. I could add some foam inserts to hold 2 more batteries but i don't need more when travelling.
Mounting the props is quicker than tello's wifi startup so not an issue. Removing takes 5sec.
The lunchbox is extremely sturdy. To improve one could use o e of these waterproof otter or pelican cases but i could not find one locally that would fit.

I also have 3 commercial cases but they all have their problems. None can withstand severe abuse, and most don't securely hold the batteries in place. Shake them a bit and the batteries work loose.

That resulted in one broken motor and a damaged battery for me: the battery worked loose, ended on top of the motor and got punctured when the case was squeezed, bending the shaft at the same time.

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
And now the other extreme: small case for hiking, light travels, and whenever things might get rough...

A kid's lunch box and some reused packaging foam. Took 5 minutes and was free.
Securely holds tello, props, spare props, 2 batteries, a small bluetooth controller (or another battery), charge cable. I could add some foam inserts to hold 2 more batteries but i don't need more when travelling.
Mounting the props is quicker than tello's wifi startup so not an issue. Removing takes 5sec.
The lunchbox is extremely sturdy. To improve one could use o e of these waterproof otter or pelican cases but i could not find one locally that would fit.

I also have 3 commercial cases but they all have their problems. None can withstand severe abuse, and most don't securely hold the batteries in place. Shake them a bit and the batteries work loose.

That resulted in one broken motor and a damaged battery for me: the battery worked loose, ended on top of the motor and got punctured when the case was squeezed, bending the shaft at the same time.
Since you took your kid's lunch box. Where do they take their lunch to school now?

• Haha
Reactions: Token2695
Very good your idea. I'll make a similar and then post the photos. I thought mine is too big. I want a more compact one to fit inside my backpack.

Sem título.jpg

Reactions: Flydrone
The first case I bought was this one, from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Anbee Tello Carrying Case Portable Shoulder Bag for DJI Tello / Tello EDU Drone and Gamesir T1D Gamepad Remote Controller: Toys & Games

The batteries stay in the slots and everything else fits well. The only thing I didn't like was no room for a power brick.

So I made this one from an aluminum attache case I already had:

IMG_20190906_055134_1.jpg

It carries everything and then some.
In the left rear slot are two power bricks, each with 4x 18650 Li-on batts., salvaged from old laptop power packs.

Since that photo was taken I've bought a Smatree DT30 charger, which fits perfectly in the left front slot...

It's not as neat and well done as the OPs, but I like it :)

I am also planning to make a storage box for Tello but it will lot smaller.

The first case I bought was this one, from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Anbee Tello Carrying Case Portable Shoulder Bag for DJI Tello / Tello EDU Drone and Gamesir T1D Gamepad Remote Controller: Toys & Games

The batteries stay in the slots and everything else fits well. The only thing I didn't like was no room for a power brick.

So I made this one from an aluminum attache case I already had:

View attachment 4577

It carries everything and then some.
In the left rear slot are two power bricks, each with 4x 18650 Li-on batts., salvaged from old laptop power packs.

Since that photo was taken I've bought a Smatree DT30 charger, which fits perfectly in the left front slot...

It's not as neat and well done as the OPs, but I like it :)
Hi @umanbean
Good job ?I like it as well and made me think to do something similar ??

Can I ask you what’s that white fan for???
Any thing to do with the Tello!!!

Reactions: umanbean

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv