Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV

volate!lo

Reaction score
Hi, need a little halp cause i dont find a.kml File on my Smartphone.
It is well hidden ?

Greets
You can't find a KML because there is none. Anielloz has leaked some secret feature.

Maybe its time to introduce you to vGPS - a bunch of GPS like features

First the important stuff:
This will take another week or so to release and it will be the first and only paid update to TelloFpv. I know that may upset some folks but thats the way it is, and I always said any GPS function would cost money (I had this idea even before I started TelloFpv). Guess what, Microsoft refuse to give me the latest Word even though I paid big bucks for "Word 95" back then. ;-) One time payment and continuous updates are simply mutual exclusive.

Beside the obvious reason -money- I want to keep this functionality a bit separate from the main app. The additional payment will be a barrier to keep the casual user and lookie loo away. Because this feature requires a bit of determination and discipline from the user or it won't work well. Depending on hardware it may not even work at all. I don't want to deal with hundreds of complains by noobs, nor do I want the 1star rating from these folks.

So what does it do?
The user has to follow a few simple steps to synchronize Tello's VPS and the phone's GPS with pretty good accuracy. Following that TelloFpv knows Tello's true position and heading, just like if it had GPS onboard - but within the limitations (reliability, accuracy) of VPS of course.

But what does it do????
The new Flight log will get two more functions:
One opens Googe Maps to show Tello's last known position so you can walk there.
The other creates a 3D KmL file and shows it in Google earth (or export / send / share it)
And one more thing... FollowMe. Well, errors accumulate over time & distance so reliability and accuracy isn't perfect but some testers had pretty decent results. On a good day I had Tello follow me riding a bike for maybe 200m.

Raul was one of the testers and made this video

umanbean

Reaction score
this feature requires a bit of determination and discipline from the user or it won't work well.
That's why I haven't tried it yet, just haven't taken the time to get serious about vGPS. But when you release it to production version on Playstore, I know I'll pay for it because...
  • You deserve to be compensated for all your hard work, and dedication to us Tello Flyers
  • When it comes to Tellofpv, I've GOT to have the latest and greatest, even if I don't use the feature much! lol
Hey kids... Rock and Roll... Rock On!

raulvolador

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have tried vGPS for some weeks. Believe me, it's worth it ;)

You just have to perform a simple takeoff procedure and our little Tello starts using smartphone GPS data.

"FollowMe" it's only one of the new features. For example, I love reviewing flight route into Google Earth:

tellofpv vgps google eartth.jpg

It's incredible what this little machine can achieve using @volate!lo TelloFPV app.

Raul.

Last edited:

Mike Wi

Reaction score
...I`ll buy as well, even though I don' t really need it, just to honour the work you put into the whole project. As you already mentioned, one has to avoid the one star rating disaster of people which can't set the whole thing into perspective. So pricing will be a bit tricky...

Mike Wi

Reaction score
....one question though, I've got a virgin tello sitting in a cabinets drawer, I think it's from last September. Never connected with the stock software, no FW update yet. Leave it like this or upgrade ?

raulvolador

Reaction score
....one question though, I've got a virgin tello sitting in a cabinets drawer, I think it's from last September. Never connected with the stock software, no FW update yet. Leave it like this or upgrade ?
I recommend you reading this thread about pros and cons of firmware update Firmware update

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Wi

Flydrone

Reaction score
Would it be possible to take a screenshot of the screen during the flight directly by mapping a controller button?

Reactions: Token2695

umanbean

Reaction score
**** so many Good news and I got a stuck tello motor! ☹ New motors on the way!
Sorry to hear that, hope the new ones get there soon.

I need to go ahead and order a set for myself, have one that seems to be going bad... it's a little 'stiffer' than the others when you flick it with a finger, and stops spinning before the others after landing.

For now, it flies ok but I know it's just a matter of time.

Tony11

Reaction score
Looking forward to purchasing and enjoying the new vGPS addition. As others have said, take my money!

Probably not the correct thread, but just a note of support for the TelloFPV app. I actually purchased my Tello, controller, small repeater etc because I was so impressed with the app and how it transformed the Tello. Keep up the brilliant work.

As for the pricing mentioned, I appreciate the fact that you are making it very inexpensive and thus available for all. But I'm more than happy to pay a bit more to support your continued work. Is there a way to price it as you mentioned and still have some sort of donation/support page for your apps? Just a thought.

JoeBaldy

Reaction score
My current thought is 3 Euro.
Enough to keep the kids and lookie loo away, but OK for anyone interested. These folks hopefully take enough care so the vGPS process works.
... when, where and how can buy the vGPS extension ???
... is already on Play Store ???

AD MAIORA

volate!lo

Reaction score
Looking forward to purchasing and enjoying the new vGPS addition. As others have said, take my money!

Probably not the correct thread, but just a note of support for the TelloFPV app. I actually purchased my Tello, controller, small repeater etc because I was so impressed with the app and how it transformed the Tello. Keep up the brilliant work.

As for the pricing mentioned, I appreciate the fact that you are making it very inexpensive and thus available for all. But I'm more than happy to pay a bit more to support your continued work. Is there a way to price it as you mentioned and still have some sort of donation/support page for your apps? Just a thought.
Hi there, much appreciated.

I just price it the way I feel is fair, given what the app does. I charge what I think would be OK to pay, also in relation to what Tello itself costs. If I was doing it for an Inspire I'd charge 10x as much but for Tello I think its OK.

Donation / support feels wrong for me. It just isn't my cup of coffee. If someone thinks he should pay more: Please take whatever you feel appropriate and drop it into the hat of the next poor fella you meet in your home town.

... when, where and how can buy the vGPS extension ???
... is already on Play Store ???

AD MAIORA
It will take about a week to 10 days before it will be released

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kriswu