Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV

volate!lo

Reaction score
thanks, will surely have nice holidays. I will check mails every other day when in a hotel so I won't be gone completely.

masju

Reaction score
Hi volate!lo,
the App looks great (I bought it yesterday)!
But: where can I find a manual? How do I set multikey controller actions (i.e. R2 + Y for takeoff or R2 + A for landing)?
I only can set R1 or R2.

Last edited:

volate!lo

Reaction score
Hi volate!lo,
the App looks great (I bought it yesterday)!
But: where can I find a manual? How do I set multikey controller actions (i.e. R2 + Y for takeoff or R2 + A for landing)?
I only can set R1 or R2.
The manual is under menu - help.
Multikey actions are not supported. You can use short / long press instead.

Nick55

Reaction score
Cool.

The crucial point why you don't have issues is that you are not using bluetooth. Add bluetooth and all sorts of troubles appear.

But: 1.4b is already final in the play store. Just leave the beta test program and you will get it, without the beta test message.
Or stay in Beta and try the 1.4c which brings the reduced bitrate :-(
Dear sir, might I hope that your app will work with the g7plus? Stock app give me the dreaded green lines on video feed....flies fine but!

umanbean

Reaction score
Dear sir, might I hope that your app will work with the g7plus? Stock app give me the dreaded green lines on video feed....flies fine but!
The answer to your question is in the Google Play app store.

There is a free demo version there. If that works the full version will work.

In the Play Store search for Tello FPV and try the demo.

In my experience if your OS is Android 5.0 or later it will work

Nick55

Reaction score
The answer to your question is in the Google Play app store.

There is a free demo version there. If that works the full version will work.

In the Play Store search for Tello FPV and try the demo.

In my experience if your OS is Android 5.0 or later it will work
It does and Volatello is without doubt a demigod. Thanks so much for your reply. By the way does anyone have any spare batteries they want to sell?

ronoeh

Reaction score
The license check prevented me from getting some good video last night. There will always be times I have no wifi or data. This will make the app useless in those situations. Can this be fixed?

jasonsmith

Reaction score
Hello all, first post, happy to be here.

I'm a new Tello owner and I'm testing the demo vs of this app on my Samsung Note 8 running android 9. I have latest of every app and my Tello's firmware is up to date.

My on screen video freezes after about 5 seconds, everything else appears to be working, for the demo app anyway. I am flying in my house with the Tello no more than 10ft away from me.

I may have found a work around by tapping on the signal strength icon which takes me to my wifi setting screen and backing into the app which starts the on screen video again. It seems to stay on after doing that but still testing.

Is there something I can do to remedy this? Is it an issue with the demo app alone maybe?

The app is amazing but this issue obviously is a big concern.

jasonsmith

Reaction score
Confirmed that the same screen freeze happens with the full app on my device.

Hitting the wifi strength icon which goes to the settings and backing back into this app forces a screen restart and it seems to be okay from then on. I am not using the companion app.

Unless it's something that I haven't set correctly it appears to be a bug. I have not changed any of the image, screen settings from default.

In all cases I have set my device to the Tello wifi prior to opening this app. Maybe I'll try the other way around.

Samsung Note 8, Android 9, no controller or range extender.

AnGo

Reaction score
And I'll take R2-long presses for takeoff
I personally wouldn't recommend this key for takeoff command based on my personal experience. Having the Phone the clamp of the Controller makes it easily happen that when you lay the controller on the ground the button is pressed by the controller's and phone's weight and your tello starts while you are not expecting it. So try this setting with care and don't be surprised on any unexpected takeoffs ;) Due to this I use one of the normal keys for takeoff and bind the L2/R2 for features only valid during already in flight.

Reactions: Koedoe888

AnGo

Reaction score
@AnGo I just released 1.4c as beta. Please give it a try, it fixes the control lag (well - at least for me it does)
Thank you, I tested again today and currently it seems to behave more stable. No significant delays and als no freezes in the copilot's video stream. Not the best image quality on Copilot, but it can be used now at least without the risk of accidents.

Have a great holiday and find some time also to use your app there ;) Pictures and Videos Section is already awaiting your shots I assume ;)

MadMaqx

Reaction score
Personally a beta test using samsung 9 have found no issues with this app. Been using it for quite awhile designer is very responsive did an excellent job this is my go to app well worth buying, brings a whole new life to tello and makes it enjoyable to fly. Keeps saying faults I have yet to see any.

Reactions: volate!lo

AnGo

Reaction score
Some time ago I saw a video about a new feature "follow me" that makes use of the vGPS option.
However I cannot find it in the current Beta version of the App (v1.4c P). Has it been discarded or where it is hiding?

volate!lo

Reaction score
The license check prevented me from getting some good video last night. There will always be times I have no wifi or data. This will make the app useless in those situations. Can this be fixed?
Licence valuation runs only through the first two days (automatic play store refund period). So this will 'fix' itself
Confirmed that the same screen freeze happens with the full app on my device.

Hitting the wifi strength icon which goes to the settings and backing back into this app forces a screen restart and it seems to be okay from then on. I am not using the companion app.

Unless it's something that I haven't set correctly it appears to be a bug. I have not changed any of the image, screen settings from default.

In all cases I have set my device to the Tello wifi prior to opening this app. Maybe I'll try the other way around.

Samsung Note 8, Android 9, no controller or range extender.
Please read this post New app: TelloFPV
And play with the 'v codec filter' settings. It seems your codec has special needs

Some time ago I saw a video about a new feature "follow me" that makes use of the vGPS option.
However I cannot find it in the current Beta version of the App (v1.4c P). Has it been discarded or where it is hiding?
Discarded for not working well enough.

volate!lo

Reaction score
Is follow home discarded for good? Or it will be in near future?
Return to home is present and works. Follow me has been discarded, and i am not working on it nor have i any plans for it. Just does not work

ChrisWu

Reaction score
So I noticed in the recent update the iFrame interval can be maxed until 15s or -. What does it means? From what I get by reading the manual and discussion, the higher iFrame interval will improved video recording but in expense for broken frame if some interruption happen.

Lately I try 15s and video recording was so good, but what does it means with - ?

And recently I've experience an almost "fly away" In the high wind around 15meters, and another in above the trees. It said VPS signal lost or something. Did it have anything to do with the iFrame interval 15s?

Thank you, and enjoy your holiday😁👍

volate!lo

Reaction score
So I noticed in the recent update the iFrame interval can be maxed until 15s or -. What does it means? From what I get by reading the manual and discussion, the higher iFrame interval will improved video recording but in expense for broken frame if some interruption happen.

Lately I try 15s and video recording was so good, but what does it means with - ?

And recently I've experience an almost "fly away" In the high wind around 15meters, and another in above the trees. It said VPS signal lost or something. Did it have anything to do with the iFrame interval 15s?

Thank you, and enjoy your holiday😁👍
Iframe setting - just deactivates periodic iframes completely. In case of undetected defects the streams is not repaired and may show garbage for long periods.

If the app says vps deactivated then tello has deactivated the vps. Nothing the app can do about this, this is done by tello on its own. Has nothing to do with anything the app does, and iframe has no im impact.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbot