Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV

volate!lo

Reaction score
@volate!lo

After some weeks off I came back to the flying field :)

Yesterday, I flew for the first time TelloFPV version v1.4c

Unfortunatelly I noticed Video smoothness has worsened when comparing previous recordings taken in June using older versions of TelloFPV

Now I can see flicker / stutter, noticeable on mobile object like cars or walkers. It didn't exists in my June recordings.

I'm using a iframe value of 500ms since may, when v1.10 fixed low iframes problems (see here New app: TelloFPV )

I can remember this problem came back some weeks ago and you had to fix it again. Maybe it happend again ?

Thanks a lot

Raul.
Can you check if there is a difference in quality between audio recording on or off?
I improved the error detection a while ago, and Iframe should now be at least 3-5s for most uses, unless you notice long lasting artifacts.

I'd appreciate if you could send me video examples of both versions

raulvolador

Reaction score
Can you check if there is a difference in quality between audio recording on or off?
I improved the error detection a while ago, and Iframe should now be at least 3-5s for most uses, unless you notice long lasting artifacts.

I'd appreciate if you could send me video examples of both versions
@volate!lo,

Video examples were sent to you using forum private conversation feature. By the way, I always set Audio Recording off when flying.

After reviewing images I suspect high bitrates, and specifically AUTO bitrate can be part of the problem.

It's clear more flight test needed, I hope to be able to perform them next days. Of course, I'll follow your 3-5s iFrame periods advice.

But sadly, this issue is a bit subjetive and not easy to measure.

Raul.

Reactions: xcrost

simhaindia

Reaction score
Hi,

i am getting some jitter in video recording bitrate 4mbps,iframe interval 1 sec.

what is the best setting to use for different bit rates.

Mike77

Reaction score
The application is great. Found YouTube Video from an drone expert. Tried it and bought it. It works great and is easy to use.

Reactions: volate!lo

volate!lo

Reaction score
Hi,

i am getting some jitter in video recording bitrate 4mbps,iframe interval 1 sec.

what is the best setting to use for different bit rates.
Hard to tell but as a rule of thumb: Close range high bitrate for best video, for longer range lower bitrate for better stability and less interference.
Iframe intervals depend if you have long lasting jitter or just for a few milliseconds. If long lasting jitter reduce the iframe period.

Alxmota

Reaction score
No. If TelloFpv had this function many users would make the app responsible whenever tello drops out of the air (which happens within some drones regardless of the app being used) .
May be usefull before tello hits a tree, a wall or high voltage wires. For me its better drop out of the sky.

Btw, telloFPV is a great app... Good work.

raulvolador

Reaction score
May be usefull before tello hits a tree, a wall or high voltage wires. For me its better drop out of the sky.

Btw, telloFPV is a great app... Good work.
@Alxmota,

For obstacle avoidance you could use TelloFPV "STOP" button.

It works great for freezing a moving Tello in the middle of the air, as it cancells all of their side movements.

tellofpv stop.jpg

I love this button for soft landings during windy days into little spaces, as my roof terrace. You can map STOP button to any controller key for emergency use.

All the best

Raul
--------

Alxmota

Reaction score
@Alxmota,

For obstacle avoidance you could use TelloFPV "STOP" button.

It works great for freezing a moving Tello in the middle of the air, as it cancells all of their side movements.

View attachment 4411

I love this button for soft landings during windy days into little spaces, as my roof terrace. You can map STOP button to any controller key for emergency use.

All the best

Raul
--------
Thanks Raul... But how to freezing a moving tello in a windy day? Hehe

With a "Panic button" we could save tello.

volate!lo

Reaction score
I tried all kinds of binary commands and there is no 'motor shutoff' command. I could reset the drone midflight but as said, the problem is that average noob users will make this function responsible for anything bad that happens to their tello.

I learned a lot with this app. Sometimes its better not to implement a useful function because of stupid users giving negative reviews and low ratings.

geolouk

Reaction score
quick question before i press the button and buy it
the purchase is per device or per user?
i have two devices, can i install in both and use one at the time?
if i buy a new mobile?

thanks
G

volate!lo

Reaction score
Licence stays with your Google account and is good for as many phones as you own.

After buying it may take a few hours before you can download on the other phone, to speed this up you have to delete playstore data. Nor an app issue but a play store issue

Reactions: UtahRadioMan

Koedoe888

Reaction score
Lol. One of the first things I asked for was a shutoff button. Better to see it fall out of the sky than to see it fly away. But yes there will always be cry baby's but my opinion is still that it will be better especially if your drone starts drifting towards the ocean. It will be cheaper digging it out of the sand than fishing for it🤣

volate!lo

Reaction score
Lol. One of the first things I asked for was a shutoff button. Better to see it fall out of the sky than to see it fly away. But yes there will always be cry baby's but my opinion is still that it will be better especially if your drone starts drifting towards the ocean. It will be cheaper digging it out of the sand than fishing for it🤣
A few people will applaud for this function but many more will complain it malfunctioned and killed their drone.

Not so sure about your example :unsure:
drop it in the ocean: rinse, dry, fly
Drop it in fine sand: replace all motors

Last edited:

brick72

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I must admit, if it has such a button my Tello would not land in the trees.
I had to buy Another one. 95€
You will understand that I would like to have such a Button. Better wet, dirty, with broken rotors as to spend 95€.
But I accept and understand your oppinion.

Reactions: Flydrone

xtr33me

Reaction score
Currently only one phone with up to 2 controllers is supported. No master / slave between phones (yet)

I could be a political correct nice guy and say: Hey, great idea. Let me think about this.

I prefer a clear communication: pre-recorded flights will never be implemented. See the roadmap in post #1 of this thread.
TelloFpv is about real world use cases in FPV, video, photo. Not about programming, or pre-recorded tricks, or something like this.

This type of functionality just doesn't fit into what I want TelloFpv to be. Yeah, that might sound arrogant, but this is a commercial project and I have to keep TelloFpv focused and in good shape to provide the best use for the majority of customers. Once it becomes a bunch of fun experiments with a cluttered interface its dead.

Also it just would not really work as Tello has no sense of absolute position or direction. It's all relative! You'd have to ensure Tello is exactly (!!) at the same position & direction each time you execute a flight plan. You can't assure this so Tello will constantly crash, at least for the vast majority of users.

Flight plans without real-world reference points are completely useless. Try aTelloPilot. You press some point on the screen and Tello flies by itself to this point. The only problem is: You have no clue where this point is in the real world. Your best guess is "somewhere in front of me... or maybe left or so"
Real map-based waypoints & flightplan would be very useful but require a GPS or GPS-like functionality, at the minimum a compass giving true direction. I'll let you know as soon as I find a hidden GPS or compass. Until then: Doesn't work.
Personally I think this is what makes a good app. I would much rather an application where the dev is focused on what the app is and then go about making that app the best it can be within that scope. Too many applications try to stuff so much into them and you end up getting clutter and confusion.

I do have a want for this waypoint functionality and it seems I will have to implement myself, but saw this post and wanted to say bravo for putting on the reins! In no way is it arrogant.

Reactions: ceredajunior

Bob B

Reaction score
[Quote = "! Volate oto wpis: 24123, członek: 4528"]
OK, nowa wersja jest w dół do 20min lotów na zewnątrz wymagane.

Aby przetestować FollowMe:
Otwórz menu - o
dotknij 3x w sekcji punktacji
wprowadź "y: tstr = 1"

Nowa FollowMe AP jest wyświetlany w menu AP (vGPS musi być odblokowany pierwszy!).
[/ZACYTOWAĆ]
OK, new version is down to 20min outdoor flights required.

To test FollowMe:
open menu - about
tap 3x on credits section
enter "s:tstr=1"

A new FollowMe AP is shown in the AP menu (vGPS must be unlocked first!).

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Razz