Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

I wanted to know if there is a way in Tello FPV to make a backup of data only: (all settings and flight log) to be transferred to a new smartphone or if the phone is formatted?
Thanks.

I join your request about adding backup flight log functionality into TelloFPV. It will be very useful for smartphone migration.

What is your opinion, @volate!lo ?

Last edited:
This would be much appreciated by us pilots.(y)
Especially to keep an eye on real flight hours and the life of our batteries, without using part apps to mark the data of each flight.

Reactions: umanbean
Settings would be possible but the flight logs are database files, which can't be easily exported and imported. I need to think about this.

Thanks for the answer VolateLo!
If it is not possible or needs a lot of work, I am the first to tell you not to waste time and think elsewhere ... TelloFPV is already the TOP(y) and you have already done a lot to satisfy our requests!

Is somebody flying the Tello Iron Man edition and can confirm if TelloFPV also works identically with this special edition model? I am almost sure that it is only a optical difference between Tello, IronMan or EDU editions and no differences in hardware, model recognition or whatever could affect TelloFPV behavior, but to be 100% sure I'd like to get the confirmation.

Both Iron Man and EDU work with the TelloFpv just like the normal edition does. Someone posted test flights on youtube several months ago.

Reactions: AnGo
No problems to refund you anytime, just send me your order number - gpa number.

My app does not work on phones with modified play stores. That is stated clearly in the description. It's part of the anti piracy measures i have taken.
I don't care about ad blockers. Google does but i don't. But many of these blockers modify the play store and that is a problem for correct license validation. I simply can't trust a modified play store.
That play store modification is against the license google granted to you for using the play store. Sideloading apps is allowed off course, but modifications of play store app is not.

Cracking... shady business. To crack an app maybe 99.99% of all 'hackers' use luckypatcher and similar apps to automatically crack an app.
None of these tools work with my apps. Try to find a cracked version, there is none. only a very old and buggy beta version where i made a dumb mistake.
I am not saying it's impossible to crack. It is. But only very very few people are actually able to manually crack an app, and this takes weeks of effort and a lot of dedication. Nobody does this to save 5 bucks

Btw: as soon as i find a cracked apk this will trigger an immediate stop for all development activities. Thanks to Google analytics i have a good idea of the amount of piracy attempts going on. As soon as a cracked version spreads the revenue stream will drain significantly and further development would not make sense.
The thing is, I am more interested in having a working app than a refund. I had heard good things about TelloFPV and wanted to try it out. It's less a matter of money and more a matter of not making your DRM such that it affects your paying customers. That is when DRM goes wrong and what gets a lot of big developers resented by their customers these days due to things like Denuvo, to the point that people wait for a crack just so they can crack their purchased version to get rid of the horrible DRM.

I have never heard of an ad blocker that modifies the Play Store before but I'm certain AdAway does no such thing. It's a simple hosts file edit. I have no idea what it is your app was detecting, because as said the message continued even when I disabled my ad blocker. I use a rooted custom ROM but that should not mess with the Play Store. I thought your app might be checking for something else that it didn't mention. But whatever it was detecting, it seems to be working now. I have not had a chance to try flying with it because of the time of year but the message is no longer appearing when I open the app. I don't know if you removed that code, or changed it to be less strict, or if it was something I changed that fixed it, but it doesn't matter, as long as I can use the app, I'm happy.

Hi, @volate!lo !

Could you please tell me what does the message below means?

"Permanent local license not stored. Android option Network provided time has been deactivated!"
7837fba1f8d154972c93490fec47b96a.jpg

Enviado de meu SM-N975F usando o Tapatalk

Reactions: stephanriederer
The thing is, I am more interested in having a working app than a refund. I had heard good things about TelloFPV and wanted to try it out. It's less a matter of money and more a matter of not making your DRM such that it affects your paying customers. That is when DRM goes wrong and what gets a lot of big developers resented by their customers these days due to things like Denuvo, to the point that people wait for a crack just so they can crack their purchased version to get rid of the horrible DRM.

I have never heard of an ad blocker that modifies the Play Store before but I'm certain AdAway does no such thing. It's a simple hosts file edit. I have no idea what it is your app was detecting, because as said the message continued even when I disabled my ad blocker. I use a rooted custom ROM but that should not mess with the Play Store. I thought your app might be checking for something else that it didn't mention. But whatever it was detecting, it seems to be working now. I have not had a chance to try flying with it because of the time of year but the message is no longer appearing when I open the app. I don't know if you removed that code, or changed it to be less strict, or if it was something I changed that fixed it, but it doesn't matter, as long as I can use the app, I'm happy.
AddAway is one reason, Luckypatcher another, and some custom ROMs come with a modified play store to be pirate friendly. Android licensing is a real mess..

Rooting is not an issue in itself, I have rooted devices and none has issues. Its only if play store was modified one way or another.

If the mentioned message is shown then I am 100% certain that Play Store does not consistently return reliable results when queried for license status. That means play store has been modified to grant access to paid apps without actually paying. Whatever the reason is I don't care as there is _no_ valid reason to modify play store for a normal user. If someone thinks he is a power user and does not need to play by the rules, not my business.

Hi, @volate!lo !

Could you please tell me what does the message below means?

"Permanent local license not stored. Android option Network provided time has been deactivated!"
7837fba1f8d154972c93490fec47b96a.jpg

You deactivated "netowrk provided time and date" so your date is inconsistent. Please check the last page of the manual how to fix (basically enable network date, then run the app, and run it again 2 days later)

You deactivated "netowrk provided time and date" so your date is inconsistent. Please check the last page of the manual how to fix (basically enable network date, then run the app, and run it again 2 days later)
Ok.
I'll try that...

Thank you!

Hey volate!lo, is there a way we can make our custom flymodes? Like for an example, "rocket", the drone goes up up up till 30m and than make a 360? or goes forward and upwards till 15m, etc... just examples... I think our video footage will be more precise i we can set this pre-path to record them...

Sounds a bit like adding the possibility to import and execute droneblocks missions, as Droneblocks already offers the customization part. Unfortunately Droneblocks does not allow to record pictures or videos IMHO, so combining both worlds could be a cool thing indeed.

That is like droneblocks on steroids. But pre-programmed missions are in my view useless in the real world. Because they only make sense if you can make sure you are starting at the exact same position and in the same direction and altitude. The direction is the key here, and its impossible to get this right. The results will be different than what you expect, and crashes are likely.

Beside being pretty much useless I consider pre-programmed flight paths to be out of scope. That would have to be a separate program or it would drive complexity for both me and the user to insane levels. I think I have already added a bit too much functionality to TelloFpv, at least for the average user.
Plus I know that most users are not exactly programmers, not even with simple blocks. I fear I'd be bugged constantly because something does not work as they imagine it should.

Overall not a business I want to get in to, so there won't be any drone blocks functionality.

But there is hope. One thing that I will add to TelloFpv sooner or later:
Being able to record a flight path, and then replay it at a pre-set speed either forward or backward - but only within the same flight to make sure heading and position are valid. The AP would fly Tello regardless of its heading, so the user can focus on keeping some object in the frame (rotating Tello freely without impacting the flight path execution).
I could also imagine to combine this with POI Lock: record a flight path, the select a POI to lock the heading upon, and replay the flight path so Tello constantly focusses the POI.
I think I can make this fairly easy to use. Just two buttons: Record and Play. Pressing play the AP would ask for direction and how long the flight path should run. Then Tello would fly to the start point of the flight path, and follow it with the speed required to finish in time.
Sounds doable.

BTW: I just released a mini update v1.6a. It should make situations like IroN's a bit clearer, the license validation a bit less annoying, adds a dynamic headless mode, and a true PANIC button: rapidly push the stop button 5 times and Tello falls out of the sky. Emergency Stop for all motors midflight. Useful if Tello drifts in strong gusts you can't fight. Plus a couple of minor bugfixes.

Hello guys! I can not download form Google Play store, it tells Not accessible in your country. :( Please HELP!
To creator: It is a great job! Wonderful! Please help me with obtaining this app! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan