Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

The controller needs to be recognized as an InputDevice by Android.For that you have to follow the manufacturers instructions. It may require a special key combo or even a program to be installed.

Here is an app to test if its working:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.elron.gamepadtester&hl=en_US

If you can't get this to work there is nothing telloFpv can do.

Its just like the printer at your a PC: You can't print if you don't have a printer driver installed - and MS Word can't do anything about it.

Reactions: Flydrone
Well I have it working with bluetooth and it's flying.
But the otg only works for moving around the app with the sticks but when flying no yaw, throttle, roll or pitch it just launches and hoovers.

@volate!lo, perhaps I making a stupid Question...
But I prefer to seem to be stupid, but learn...
¿What exactly is Iframe time?
¿And how does it impact on video quality?
Thanks!
Regards
Gabriel

But the otg only works for moving around the app with the sticks but when flying no yaw, throttle, roll or pitch it just launches and hoovers.
@Sage,

I succesfully use to fly TelloFPV using the same Gamesir T1 (not T1S not T1D) OTG USB wired connected.

At the beginning I had some scary problems due deep sleep Gamesir mode. Please see here: Gamesir T1 controller sleep mode (SOLVED)

I hope it helps.

@Sage,

I succesfully use to fly TelloFPV using the same Gamesir T1 (not T1S not T1D) OTG USB wired connected.

At the beginning I had some scary problems due deep sleep Gamesir mode. Please see here: Gamesir T1 controller sleep mode (SOLVED)

I hope it helps.
Thanks i read the sleep mode thread . The t1 works in bluetooth mode with tellofpv and tello oem app but I can't get it to respond with otg in tellofpv app... can you explain the exact procedure that you use to connect android to t1 and tellofpv app with otg cable?

Last edited:
Thanks i read the sleep mode thread . The t1 works in bluetooth mode with tellofpv and tello oem app but I can't get it to respond with otg in tellofpv app... can you explain the exact procedure that you use to connect android to t1 and tellofpv app with otg cable?

My procedure is: Switching on Gamesir T1, then turning off Gamesir keypad leds (pressing L1 + R1 + R2 for five seconds worked for me), then connecting USB OTG wire, then opening TelloFPV.

Maybe you have to use TelloFPV mapping screen for Gamesir axis selecting ?

tellofpv gamesir config.jpg

If you have the gamepad tester app, check that the sticks are mapped to axis x,y,z,rz. If they are married to anything else it doesn't work.

If the sticks open menus or move focus around inside the app the controller is not in gamepad mode but in some keyboard mode.

Last edited:
can you explain the exact procedure that you use to connect android to t1 and tellofpv app with otg cable?

I have a T1s but the T1 should be the same when using via OTG - I don't have to turn on the controller just plug it into the phone / tablet and it powers up by itself.

Go to your phone home screen, plug in the T1 with OTG cable, then move the left stick down and around. If you see different home screen icons being highlighted, your phone is recognizing the controller.

If the phone recognizes the controller... open TelloFPV, go to Controller menu, and tap Scan for new controllers.

The app (android actually) sees my T1s as two different controllers depending on whether it's plugged in via OTG, or being used via BT.

Gamesir T1s = BT connection
Xiaoji Gamesir T1s 2.14 = OTG connection

Good luck

hi
the app disappeared from the beta section in play store, thats part of moving to final ver 1 ???

yes. Was made productive on Sunday.

A different question: Does anyone of the US folks know a TV show NewsWatch.tv on the AMC network? Is that something worthwhile or not? Received some email inquiry from them but don't really know what to make of this as I never heard of this show

I have a T1s but the T1 should be the same when using via OTG - I don't have to turn on the controller just plug it into the phone / tablet and it powers up by itself.

Go to your phone home screen, plug in the T1 with OTG cable, then move the left stick down and around. If you see different home screen icons being highlighted, your phone is recognizing the controller.

If the phone recognizes the controller... open TelloFPV, go to Controller menu, and tap Scan for new controllers.

The app (android actually) sees my T1s as two different controllers depending on whether it's plugged in via OTG, or being used via BT.

Gamesir T1s = BT connection
Xiaoji Gamesir T1s 2.14 = OTG connection

Good luck
The phone recognizes the controller. The oem tello app connects and flies great in bluetooth mode. The tellofpv app recognizes the part of the controller so i can't get past hover... maybe it's the demo app having the problem...also the onscreen sticks never disappear.

yes. Was made productive on Sunday.

A different question: Does anyone of the US folks know a TV show NewsWatch.tv on the AMC network? Is that something worthwhile or not? Received some email inquiry from them but don't really know what to make of this as I never heard of this show
Personally never heard of it but next episode airs on AMC Jan. 28 about CES
NewsWatch - Breaking News, Tech News, Reviews & More

Making progress now I can use controller in bluetooth mode with
(tellofpv demo app) onscreen sticks disappear but as soon as I plug in otg cable the onscreen sticks re-appear and lose control with controller sticks...weird. and yes I turned off bt in my phone first before plugging in otg.

Last edited:
Release cycle is typically: Full Beta Test, Demo, Full Productive

Demo version is at least as good as the full productive version, but sometimes a bit behind the Beta Version (if there is one - currently there is none)

Making progress now I can use controller in bluetooth mode with
(tellofpv demo app) onscreen sticks disappear but as soon as I plug in otg cable the onscreen sticks re-appear and lose control with controller sticks...weird. and yes I turned off bt in my phone first before plugging in otg.
Your best bet is to make sure the Controller works in the gamepad tester app linked above. That is true for any controller in BT and USB mode except T1d and Flypad, which connect differently.

If a controller doesn't work in the gamepad tester there is no point in trying TelloFpv. It will never work.
If it does work there (with stick axes identified as X,Y,Z,Rz) it will also work in TelloFpv.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843