Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Reactions: Mike Wi and xcrost
Guys I really appreciate your help. I have complete control of every thing on tellofpv app when in bluetooth mode. On a hunch I tried drone vr+ app and otg and bt work great. So the controller is working properly.

That one went right over my head, could you explain a little more please?

Did you try it with the GamePad tester app?
I mean I can get it to launch and hover but no stick control, but this happens only when the otg is pluged in. when in bt mode every thing works perfectly. The only time I have a problem is when I use otg in tellofpv app.

Your best bet is to make sure the Controller works in the gamepad tester app linked above. That is true for any controller in BT and USB mode except T1d and Flypad, which connect differently.

If a controller doesn't work in the gamepad tester there is no point in trying TelloFpv. It will never work.
If it does work there (with stick axes identified as X,Y,Z,Rz) it will also work in TelloFpv.
It works perfect in BT mode in tellofpv app. It works perfect in OTG on another drone app so the controller is functioning properly. I really want to use your app in OTG.

Your best bet is to make sure the Controller works in the gamepad tester app linked above. That is true for any controller in BT and USB mode except T1d and Flypad, which connect differently.

If a controller doesn't work in the gamepad tester there is no point in trying TelloFpv. It will never work.
If it does work there (with stick axes identified as X,Y,Z,Rz) it will also work in TelloFpv.

... 'should also work'... (?)

I have a little Asus ZenPad tablet (Android 5.0.2, so certainly not the latest hardware). Although it worked great with the Gamepad Tester app, I couldn't TelloFPV to work with my Gamesir T1s (OTG cable connected) with it. Buttons were mapped properly in the Gamepad Tester, but nothing was working within theTelloFPV (0.99a) app.
It's not important, just mentioning it (the tablet isn't bright enough for outside use, but I thought I'd give it a try just to see because the bigger screen is a real treat!)

It works perfect in BT mode in tellofpv app. It works perfect in OTG on another drone app so the controller is functioning properly. I really want to use your app in OTG.
OK, if it works n drone vr than it should do something in TelloFpv.

If you plug in the controller, and open "Menu => Controller" you should have two distinct entries for this controller in the drop down boxes where you select the student controller.
One is for BT and one is for USB. Android has no way of knowing that both devices are actually one and the same, as the controller uses different names over BT and USB.

You have to select the one which popped up when you scanned for controllers with the USB cable connected.

... 'should also work'... (?)

I have a little Asus ZenPad tablet (Android 5.0.2, so certainly not the latest hardware). Although it worked great with the Gamepad Tester app, I couldn't TelloFPV to work with my Gamesir T1s (OTG cable connected) with it. Buttons were mapped properly in the Gamepad Tester, but nothing was working within theTelloFPV (0.99a) app.
It's not important, just mentioning it (the tablet isn't bright enough for outside use, but I thought I'd give it a try just to see because the bigger screen is a real treat!)

Can you explain what "nothing works" is in detail? Have you scanned for controllers with the USB cable attached?

I was checking tellofpv comments on google play and there are some people who really want this app translated to portuguese. I'm portuguese and I have no problem with english but, if you feel it's important to translate it to Portuguese I'll be more than happy to help. Just tell me what you need.

Reactions: Stele
Thanks for the offer. I have now folks for PT, ES, DE, FR, IT and that should cover most of the main markets.

However I first need to extract all strings into isolated files for translation. Not a complex thing, but right now I'm struggling to meet the VR deadline. Afterwards it will all be more relaxed so I can do controllers and translations.

OK, if it works n drone vr than it should do something in TelloFpv.

If you plug in the controller, and open "Menu => Controller" you should have two distinct entries for this controller in the drop down boxes where you select the student controller.
One is for BT and one is for USB. Android has no way of knowing that both devices are actually one and the same, as the controller uses different names over BT and USB.

You have to select the one which popped up when you scanned for controllers with the USB cable connected.

To Volatello:
In master and student I get the option of "gamesir T1 or Onscreen or Xiaoji Gamesir T1 2.13 but when i select the Xiaoji Gamesir T1 2.13 option it goes back to onscreen in both master or student

Last edited:
Hey Volatello did you read post 1,044 at the bottom is my reply.

Hey Volatello did you read post 1,044 at the bottom is my reply.
Now I have read it. Something is wrong. Maybe reboot your phone and/or delete & reinstall TelloFpv.
If the problem persists: You found a new bug!

Now I have read it. Something is wrong. Maybe reboot your phone and/or delete & reinstall TelloFpv.
If the problem persists: You found a new bug!
That worked. I got a 12:35 minute flight in student mode. Video is clear and no skipping. Yaaaa thanks. Now after it charges I will try a second flight...

Reactions: Flydrone
update: second flight went well 12:34 mins. (I usually get 13+ mins. when flying with just phone) Everything connected right up with OTG...

Great!

update: second flight went well 12:34 mins. (I usually get 13+ mins. when flying with just phone) Everything connected right up with OTG...
That just says you have a different flight profile when using a controller vs using only the phone. Or that some other condition is different (indoor, outdoor, wind, battery temp, time since charge, ...)

The app (any app) has zero impact on flight time, that is maybe a second or two. All the apps do is to send a command to Tello: "pitch is 20%". And tello flies forward on its own and in its own pace. It doesn't matter which app says "pitch is 20%", Tello behaves exactly the same and uses the same amount of energy.

If you let the drone hover by itself using Tello app, or TelloFpv with or without controller has zero impact on flight time. The only (theoretical) difference if you use video mode or sport mode: video mode does image stabilization. This could eat some energy, so video mode might have a bit shorter time for hovering in place. But even the energy required for EIS would be minimal compared to the energy used to keep the drone in the air.
As soon as you do some actual flying the higher motor output in sport mode would most likely use more juice than the EIS in video mode.

update: Tried to fly a rhird time and app says my 10 flights are done. soooo I delete and reinstall app. Now it wont recognize the controller in master or student dropdown. When I keep trying the "controller-mapping" part of the app screen turns solid white.

By deleting the app you have also deleted all settings and all data (except photo / video). You have to plug in the controller, and press "scan" so TelloFpv finds it and configures it.

Regarding the "screen turns white" I need to look what causes this. Please send me the device ID shown under "menu => about" in a private conversation or by email: [email protected]. Maybe Google Play has caught this problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thepresentx