Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV

SpanishFly

Reaction score
I have to weight usefulness, number of users, complexity and development time. I will have quick look tomorrow to have an understanding of the effort involved but I highly doubt this will make it. Certainly not into the video, far too much effort. The EXIF info may be an option.
Thank you for your quick response, I know you are very busy and I appreciate you considering my question. I want to clarify that I am not really interested in additional camera/video information, it is fine as is. What I hope for is tagging certain info from the flight screen (height, distance from home) etc... and including said info in the camera/video information. I don't expect to have the ability to see altitude changes as they occur in a video but max height etc... would really help when presenting the photos to others or simply trying to reproduce an image. Thank you again for considering my request, I imagine there are others out there who would enjoy these stats as well.

volate!lo

Reaction score
My controller works fine. It does land in sport mode. Only resists when it goes down to about half a meter. I can go up and down perfectly above that height. I'm trying to reproduce the ghosting. As soon as I can, I will post a screenshot.
Have you checked your throttle rates?
Because stick landing isn't handled by TelloFpv at all. I just send stick commands and tello decides to land (or not).

I guess the version was "1.00 p". Note the blank between the version 1.00 and the P.
The P is not a version but indicates a Permanent license so you know you won't be bugged by license checks anymore.

volate!lo

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick response, I know you are very busy and I appreciate you considering my question. I want to clarify that I am not really interested in additional camera/video information, it is fine as is. What I hope for is tagging certain info from the flight screen (height, distance from home) etc... and including said info in the camera/video information. I don't expect to have the ability to see altitude changes as they occur in a video but max height etc... would really help when presenting the photos to others or simply trying to reproduce an image. Thank you again for considering my request, I imagine there are others out there who would enjoy these stats as well.
Thats what I understood but my guess is that its a lot of effort. We are talking about video / photo manipulation in realtime. The relation "value vs effort" just doesn't look good for this feature. As said I will look into the EXIF info, and possibly photos for a later release. But its not high on the list.

I know that for example "flight manager" for parrot drones is super cool.
1549582691703.png
Realistically this is months of fulltime effort so it will never make it to the feature list. I can write detailed log files for each flight so you can pick them up to build your own video manipulation app if you want.

Token2695

Reaction score
Raul and volatello, you guys make a great team!
I haven't tested the new version yet but I hope I can do it tomorrow! It looks good in Portuguese too! I think there are a few words or expressions that should be replaced and i think it will be spotless!!

Socorro -> Ajuda
Saida -> Sair
Fluxo -> Stream
Salvar o fluxo h.264 -> Guardar stream h.264
Pare -> Parar
Limitar Taxa -> Limitar Rotações
Turbinar taxa -> Impulsionar Rotações
Viagem máxima a partir de casa -> Distância máxima a partir de casa
Alta distância percorrida -> Maior distância percorrida
Inicio da bateria -> Bateria ao inicio
Terreno da bateria -> Bateria ao pousar
Modo de foto de tamanho -> Tamanho do modo de foto

And in vr mode the word "Photo" appears instead of "Foto".
People who speaks Portuguese correct me and improve it please!

Last edited:

Token2695

Reaction score
Your throttle axis in video mode also has a rate of 80%? Maybe try to get it closer to 100% and see if anything happens.

Token2695

Reaction score
Yes but once it gets about 30 cms from the ground the proximity sensor prevents it from landing right away, maybe the rate is not high enough to make the tello overcome the orders given by the sensor or something like that.

xcrost

Reaction score
Oh man perfect timing For the "Dynamic Video Rate switching on Tello With Tello FPV" 0MBPs (FPV) to 4MBPs HD Video" feature tooo! added to the list asap...have you checked out the changes? Go to my channel! Raul You are immediately promoted to the stars list!" lol I'm running it like this beta! Updates as i go! Read the specs see all the good videos...so far...more to come!

xcrost

Reaction score
Does the feature title sound OK? I am tweaking the Features list as I go. PDF Manual coming soon.

spamaro

Reaction score
This is for Volate!lo:
I don't know how to start a new thread as the only link I see is reply so if I screwed up...I'm sorry. I already made the mistake of posting this in Tello Developer (which I will delete if requested to do so) but a nice gentleman directed me here so here goes...
I was wondering if it might be possible to link flight info (available onscreen) ie. distance, height, velocity etc. into the photo and video information. I would find it useful in a number of ways. I really enjoy your app although I am on my second Tello as my first one ignored my repeated return home requests and sailed off into never-never land...you know, that place where your Tello is never-never seen again. Thanks for all the countless hours you have spent making the lives of others in this community that much happier through your app.
Hi, i suppose you ever through about that, it would be less "clean" than what you expect, you could made screen snapshot with an app like DU Recorder for your need ?
An other way (maybe) would be to convert log file as subtitle file for video ? (I suggest that but i have never seen how the log are made, it is just an idea)

Last edited:
Reactions: xcrost

xcrost

Reaction score
Is 0 MPps still there? I want to correct the description on my end
Thanks

xcrost

Reaction score
***On Screen Wifi Corruption indicator built -in. Notifies of corruption in the stream. Tello FPV APP only.
***Dynamic Bitrate Switching 0-4MBps 0 for Super Long distance FPV with stable video. 1-4 Mbps Auto for HD video. Adjusts automatically according to signal. Tello FPV only.
Graphic coming soon.

Flydrone

Reaction score
Have you checked your throttle rates?
Because stick landing isn't handled by TelloFpv at all. I just send stick commands and tello decides to land (or not).

I guess the version was "1.00 p". Note the blank between the version 1.00 and the P.
The P is not a version but indicates a Permanent license so you know you won't be bugged by license checks anymore.
I next to version V1.01 I see a "T" (I'm still in beta testers)?
I purchased the app with my Google account, but can I use the app on my second device, again by downloading it from my Google Play Store account?

raulvolador

Reaction score
... I can write detailed log files for each flight so you can pick them up to build your own video manipulation app if you want.
Writing LOG files for each flight it's a very interesting feature, mainly for forensic analysis after a problem/crash/flyaway. Stock Tello app and aTelloPilot do it. See here Drone log

It would be even better to improve current TelloFPV Flight Log Screen for showing full data from every flight done and not just the last one. If It were able to plot a little chart showing Tello's route from takeoff to landing it would become a powerfull tool.

@volate!lo, feel free to shut me up whenever you want. We make you work too much. You should go on strike for some weeks ;)

Raul.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flydrone and xcrost

zesteves

Reaction score
Raul and volatello, you guys make a great team!
I haven't tested the new version yet but I hope I can do it tomorrow! It looks good in Portuguese too! I think there are a few words or expressions that should be replaced and i think it will be spotless!!

Socorro -> Ajuda
Saida -> Sair
Fluxo -> Stream
Salvar o fluxo h.264 -> Guardar stream h.264
Pare -> Parar
Limitar Taxa -> Limitar Rotações
Turbinar taxa -> Impulsionar Rotações
Viagem máxima a partir de casa -> Distância máxima a partir de casa
Alta distância percorrida -> Maior distância percorrida
Inicio da bateria -> Bateria ao inicio
Terreno da bateria -> Bateria ao pousar
Modo de foto de tamanho -> Tamanho do modo de foto

And in vr mode the word "Photo" appears instead of "Foto".
People who speaks Portuguese correct me and improve it please!
Hi Token2695,

I fully agree to your suggestions for the initial menus translation. I had already sent a message to volate!lo explaining that the Portuguese (Portugal) has slightly different terms from the Portuguese (Brasil).

I can help you on the revision of the Portuguese translation and may be volate!lo has to include a Portuguese (BR) and a Portuguese (PT) translations as the most of softwares.

Cheers!

Th3DroneroGT

Reaction score
I have a question about an option that I saw in the app that is "Max Attitude # deg" that's what it is for? . By the way VolaTe! What magnifies App without a doubt if the Dron TELLO works is for you! , Tip you should put an option that means everything in the app, I know that there are many things that ask with the app but it is a suggestion nothing else :) great person!

Reactions: xcrost

BrickFist

Reaction score
I have a question about an option that I saw in the app that is "Max Attitude # deg" that's what it is for? . By the way VolaTe! What magnifies App without a doubt if the Dron TELLO works is for you! , Tip you should put an option that means everything in the app, I know that there are many things that ask with the app but it is a suggestion nothing else :) great person!
It reads in the manual. RTFM 😅
It is a value for max angle of tilt while in sportsmode accelarating.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaBalaDePlata