Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV

anielloz

Hi friends a question, between the gamesir and the parrot flypad Parrot Flypad controller which they think is better control???, I see the parrot as a real control similar to the mavic, spark etc, the gamesir I see it as a console control, someone has tried the parrot, is more accurate or they are all the same.

volate!lo

I have both and never used t1d for anything except for testing. Flypad is a completely different level.
But it's a bt controller with all the negatives. And it only works for parrot drones and tello

anielloz

I have both and never used t1d for anything except for testing. Flypad is a completely different level.
But it's a bt controller with all the negatives. And it only works for parrot drones and tello
Thanks for answering, I just want it to fly I do not care if I can not use it with something else, when you say it's another level you refer to, BETTER QUALITY ???, BETTER PRECISION ????, I mean in general lines just to fly is much better the parrot flypad ??

anielloz

I'm looking for precision Volate!lo not a nice control, I'm an aircraft and helicopter modeller and I'm used to precision radios mine is a Spektrum DX9, that's why I look for precision and it's my question, which of the 2 gives more precision the GAMESIR or the PARROT FLYPAD

spamaro

I'm looking for precision Volate!lo not a nice control, I'm an aircraft and helicopter modeller and I'm used to precision radios mine is a Spektrum DX9, that's why I look for precision and it's my question, which of the 2 gives more precision the GAMESIR or the PARROT FLYPAD
If i remember what i have red there, flypad is better in precision. The main inconvenient is it is a bluetooth controller, so it generates interferences which decrease video quality.

Last edited:

anielloz

If i remember what i have red there, flypad is better in precision. The main inconvenient is it is a bluetooth controller, so it generates interferences which decrease video quality.
But the gamesir is also bluetooth, it must also give interference problems???, I do not understand.

Stele

I saw somebody getting his Taranis x7 to work with TelloFPV.
Perhaps that is an option
Screenshot_20190210-125038_Facebook.jpg

Stele

I'm going to do a few tests with the dx9 to see what I'm doing, but I still think it's better option the parrot flypad
Of course it's the better option. Way more precise and customisable. But I wouldn't recommend buying a DX9 just to controll a tello 😂
If you have one anyway that's great. I have a DX6i at home and will try it in the near future.

volate!lo

Flypad and T1d are both BT controllers, which causes pixelation and breakups of the video feed. A wifi extender greatly reduces the negative aspects of the BT interference but it is still present. Video is OK but not perfect.

Both controllers are good quality, solid builds. Gamesir will survive more physical abuse because the flypad has real stick vs thumb knobs so its a bit more fragile.

Gamesir gives solid gamepad precision. Not more. The deadzone, that is the area around the center which is reported as neutral, is pretty large. You can move the stick to 10-15% and the output is still 0. Then at 80% stick the output is already at 100%. So not really proportional, its like most gamepad controllers.

Flypad gives RC style precision and uses almost the full stick travel. At 15% stick travel you see something like 15% output. and at 80% stick you see 80% output.

I'd stay clear of the t1d. If you happen to have it ok, otherwise I'd get a wired controller for video quality or a flypad for flight precision with some video issues.
Or wait a few days, next week I will work on controller code so any controller that is identified in the gamepad tester should work with full supported buttons and sticks.
The only requirement that will stay is that sticks are report as 0 at the center and not some arbitrary value.

DinoBaldi

Website
www.compvter.it
I'm a new enthusiast TelloFPV user.
It works great with my configuration:

- Gamesir T1d
- Xiaomi WiFi Extender (really soon with antenna mod)
- an old (2014) Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8"

I fall in love for the 360° Panorama function !

Now I'm asking if is possible to use, in the same way, the Circle POI
adding the function for an auto-photo interval (in sec),
so we can do some experiment with Tello and aerophotography !

many thanks !

I took the leap. Hopefully your revenue stream might allow you to move into the iOS space if your skill set and time allow. A Java port to iOS is certainly doable.

volate!lo

I'm a new enthusiast TelloFPV user.
It works great with my configuration:

- Gamesir T1d
- Xiaomi WiFi Extender (really soon with antenna mod)
- an old (2014) Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8"

I fall in love for the 360° Panorama function !

Now I'm asking if is possible to use, in the same way, the Circle POI
adding the function for an auto-photo interval (in sec),
so we can do some experiment with Tello and aerophotography !

many thanks !
This will certainly come pretty soon as a general feature, not limited to POI APs. But it won't be configurable due to the slow photo feature of Tello. Tello can handle only one photo at a time, and download can take anywhere between 5 sec and 2 min, so using a fixed delay won't really work well. TelloFpv will just take photos as quickly as possible.

Maybe not next release but the one after that.

I took the leap. Hopefully your revenue stream might allow you to move into the iOS space if your skill set and time allow. A Java port to iOS is certainly doable.
Currently I have no plans for an IOS port.

raulvolador

Testing new autoBitrate feature into TelloFPV 1.01

I flew same route/same hardware using TelloFPV and aTelloPilot apps.

Then, I review bitrates using VLC media player

Bitrate using TelloFPV
TelloFPV bitrate vlc.jpg

Bitrate using aTelloPilot
aTelloPilot bitrate vlc.jpg

I feel TelloFPV is using higher bitrates than aTelloPilot app. Isn't it ?

Excuse me, @volate!lo but It seems me aTelloPilot is getting better image quality too. In fact I could achieved double distance, 167 meters vs 85 meters.

Maybe a TelloFPV video settings issue ?

Raul.

volate!lo

I can only quote myself:
@raulvolador I'm not 100% sure the auto bitrate is what you want. I can imagine it will be less stable than a falt 1Mbps link. In case you run into problem just switch to 1Mbps for a stable link
Seems I was right: The reduced max distance due to broken video makes sense as TelloFpv may be too aggressive in restoring the 4Mbps. I guessed it would not be that easy with auto bitrate.
I will look into this, but right now I'm into the controller thing. Maybe it will go into the same release, we will see.

volate!lo

I just reviewed Raul's videos. Its a problem of the aggressive return to 4Mbps when in auto bitrate.
TelloFpv frequently jumps back to 4Mbps, but the stream is too fragil and breaks too often. aTelloPilot seems to stay mostly in 1 or 2 Mbps and produces a more stable video. I will work on this next.
I need to analyze this auto bitrate setting in more depth

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briancrisbravo