Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV

Sagvan82

Reaction score
Wow... I made a short indoor test, not able to test it outside due to windy weather and too impatient to wait few days. What I was able to test works really great. Many thanks for that.
Few hints for consideration:
I missed a bit icon for throw takeoff, is there some way how to do it?
Maybe there could be one more option in video setting "video start on autopilots in video mode" possibility to swith this feature on/off same as "start record on take off".

volate!lo

Reaction score
For hand launch & land: RTFM ! :) you have to long press the take off button in the bottom center

Video recording is automatically started for PoiLockAutopilot + PoiCircleAutopilot + Pano360VideoAutopilot + DronieAutopilot. Or do you want the option to switch this off? I doubt many people will use these APs for anything else but videos

raulvolador

Reaction score
I wasn't really happy with the POI autopilot
I love the new way you can "throw" a POI hundred of meters in front of you. I use this feature when flying far and realized HOME point is misplaced due VPS failure. In that case I turn pointing takeoff point, throw a POI and continue flying sure as I know I can back home using POI Autopilot if I run into any trouble.

Nice feature !

Raul.

Sagvan82

Reaction score
I didn't notice info in manual about long press the take off button, now it´s clear, thank a lot.
My idea about auto record option was to combine one shot with a few APs. Probablly your app will not stop current recording while I will use 360 after up and away. Official app works like this so I was frightened that it´s back :)

volate!lo

Reaction score
The only event on which the app stops the recording are: connection loss, power off, close app, switch to photo mode. Maybe more that I can't think of at the moment, but its only event where there is no alternative.

Reactions: Sagvan82

volate!lo

Reaction score
I love the new way you can "throw" a POI hundred of meters in front of you. I use this feature when flying far and realized HOME point is misplaced due VPS failure. In that case I turn pointing takeoff point, throw a POI and continue flying sure as I know I can back home using POI Autopilot if I run into any trouble.

Nice feature !

Raul.
I didn't think of that one but yes, you are right, its a way to keep a second visual marker to a position. I actually thought about adding a "fly to POI" autopilot...

But the next week is all about stabilizing, cleaning up, improving speed, and fixing a few minor bugs. And overall losing a bit weight, TelloFpv doesn't feel as snappy as in the beginning. So its time for a cleanup

hea-kun

Reaction score
For hand launch & land: RTFM ! :) you have to long press the take off button in the bottom center

Video recording is automatically started for PoiLockAutopilot + PoiCircleAutopilot + Pano360VideoAutopilot + DronieAutopilot. Or do you want the option to switch this off? I doubt many people will use these APs for anything else but videos
The on-screen indicator is very good. With this, you can see that the controller is connected securely without displaying "B" or "W". I think that it is a very good idea.

I hope to automatically stop the recording after the autopilot has done the mission. Because I often forget to stop recording even after carrying out my duties, so unnecessary recorded images will accumulate.
By the way, there is a trivial bug in the controller key mapping.
Double tap the screen to delete the button mapping, but if (long-press) is mapped, the button will be deleted but only the (long-press) will remain.

volate!lo

Reaction score
Over the time I have received a few isolated report about video files being corrupt. That is videos not playable, or cut off after a few seconds (not related to closing the app or crashes, but just a normal video recording that is not playable).

If someone of you is affected by this please try the APKs in the attached ZIPs and report back if one of these solves your issue. These are based on v1.10 currently in beta but contain subtle differences in video handling.
One caveat: If you are currently on the production version v1.06 you will lose all settings & flight history when going back to 1.06 so you should stick with one of these version until v1.10 is made productive.

Edit: I removed the attached test versions. The problem appears to be fixed in v1.11, at least I have three reports now that it works.

Last edited:

volate!lo

Reaction score
v1.10 has been updated with translations for the modified functions.
Also I found a way to improve video recording. The negative impact of IFrames has been greatly reduced, so from now on it is suggested to use IFrame intervals of 1-2 seconds, reducing the potential problems with long-living jitter and artifacts.
Live video feed should be improved too, but not as much.

But no new functions, so I kept the 1.10 label.

hea-kun

Reaction score
Although it is only in the room, the application works without error in my environment.
I was late to notice, but when a wired controller was connected "ok" would be displayed! Easier to understand. Thank you.
The manual has also been updated. I am translating it to the language of my country at once.

volate!lo

Reaction score
Version 1.11 has just been released for both the full version and the free demo.
Automatic updates through play store should be rolled out over the next hours (or do a manual update in play store).

Cool new features: Up&Away with flexible distance & speed, 360° video with flexible speed, all autopilots work in VR mode and all have a countdown timer (no phone in your hands during selfies!). Indicators shown for control commands sent to drone (for phone control, ext. controllers, and autopilots)

Changelog since last productive version 1.06

New since
  • Improved recorded Video
  • Point of Interest can be "dropped" to the current position, to the home position, or set with a dialog
  • New autopilot: Up & away for any distance and speed
  • New autopilot: 360° video at any speed
  • All autopilots have countdown timer
  • All Autopilots can be controlled with controller and work in VR mode
  • STOP button cancels photo download
  • If Corruption indicator is on, current effective bitrate is also displayed
  • 8D flips (diagonal flips)
  • Onscreen Indicator for current throttle, yaw, pitch, roll
  • Connected controllers show "OK" in controller status (or battery level if known)
  • Reports if VPS data is outdated (happens on weak wifi signals )
Changes
  • Original flightmodes up&away, 360, circle have been removed as they are obsolete now
  • Video automatically starts for autopilots in video mode
  • Sensitive area around the STOP button enlarged
  • Generic Controllers (USB / BT) automatically recognized in Controller settings (Pressing Scan only required for T1D and Flypad)
  • IFrame periods changed as now way shorter IFrame periods have no / little impact on quality
Fixes
  • RTH rotates slower in case a low quality wifi link results in slow VPS updates (Rotation was overshooting)
  • Fixed layout problem for phones using "Right to left" languages (Hebrew)
  • Bitrate Auto only working if activated on each use
  • Home position wrong after takeoff

raulvolador

Reaction score
Today I succesfully tested TelloFPV 1.10

@volate!lo you did a great job into video fix. Recordings are smoother and anoying stutter dissapears at low bitrates. Good job !

I realized POI lock and POI Circle autopilots always asking again for poi distance even if previously you selected a poi through POI setting dialog.

It seems me it worked different into previous releases. Is this a bug or am I missing something ?

Raul.

Last edited:

volate!lo

Reaction score
The APs now support distance, ppi and home. You have to use + and - on the distance to cycle between distance, poi, home. If you use - while it shows 1m distance it shows poi, after poi it shows home. Just play a bit with it. Or RTFM

I forgot to pre- select the poi if there is one...

JoeBaldy

Reaction score
... sorry for the ignorance, but what are the standard parameters for videomode and sportmode ? ... on my device are the same for both ways ... :) :)

raulvolador

Reaction score
I has just discovered new Iframes (not Bitrates) added into TelloFPV 1.11 release

New Iframes are below 1 second lapse: 300ms, 500ms, and 700 ms... I'm looking forward to trying them :)

Raul.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeBaldy

volate!lo

Reaction score
... sorry for the ignorance, but what are the standard parameters for videomode and sportmode ? ... on my device are the same for both ways ... :):)
sportmode and videomode are equal to slow mode and fast nmode in the OEM app.

That is videomode is very slow, even at 100% rate, like 2m/s. In Sportmode 100% is very different, about 4x as fast

Reactions: JoeBaldy

volate!lo

Reaction score
I has just discovered new Bitrates added into TelloFPV 1.11 release

New Bitrates are below 1 second lapse: 300ms, 500ms, and 700 ms... I'm looking forward to trying them :)

Raul.
IFrames ... not bitrates.
Normal users should use something around 1-2s from now on. Lower values for noisy environments and long range flights, higher values for "perfect" video if you have a perfect wifi link with no noise

raulvolador

Reaction score
IFrames ... not bitrates.
Normal users should use something around 1-2s from now on. Lower values for noisy environments and long range flights, higher values for "perfect" video if you have a perfect wifi link with no noise
Oppps... I got confused. I was talking about iframes, of course. sorry. ;)

I will edit and correct my previous post.

Last edited:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darrionjames