Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Could audio track be added to the recorded video?
I recommend you launching a full-screen capture app before TelloFPV starts. I use android free app DU-Recorder. At the end of flight you will get two video files, first one hight quality recorded by Tello and another one recorded by DU-Recorder at low-resolution with ambient sound preserving valuable flight parameters as speed, distance, etc....

All the best

Raul

Last edited:
I recommend you launching a full-screen capture app before TelloFPV starts. I use android free app DU-Recorder. At the end of flight you will get two video files, first one hight quality recorded by Tello and another one recorded by DU-Recorder at low-resolution with ambient sound preserving valuable flight parameters as speed, distance, etc....

All the best

Raul
@volate!lo In the same way as there is an option to start video recording on takeoff, Is it technically possible to have an option to launch a screen recording app on start up? (preset to DU Recorder as that seems the most popular) Only if it’s not already running in the background. Or even a voice recording app if someone is so keen on hearing the conversation on the ground!

Hello,
Just a little idea : it could be nice to have possibility to make stereo pictures (3D side by side pics, one pic shooted for each eye). People who have fpv google could use them to see the result...
Hi, thanks for the suggestion but lets be realistic: Its a very special use case and maybe 99.9% of all users would never use this.

The math is simple! But you are missing the crucial point that Tello has no idea about true direction or true position. Of course "use the phone GPS" is the obvious solution but once you think this through you'll realize that its not a viable way.

That isn't possible, as there is no standard way of "launching a screen recorder". I doubt these apps even have such a external interface. They would give up part of their advertising revenue which keeps them alive.

Sound recording is high on the todo list, right after my experiments.

Last edited:
If all you want is to start DUrecorder or a sound app at the same time as TelloFPV, wouldn’t Tasker solve that?

Last edited:
If all you want is to start DUrecorder or a sound app at the same time as TelloFPV, wouldn’t"t Tasker solve that?
Agree with you, Tasker app can be used for that kind of automation and more, it can be used for automate wifi requirements (Airplane mode) and tello connexions.

Reactions: umanbean
In my opinion, you needn't any special mode for taking 3D stereo pictures. You only have to shoot a picture, then side move slightly and take a second picture. At the end of flight use a third-part image processing software for combining both pictures into a 3D...
Hi Raul,
Yeap, it is not so complicated. I think the better and easyer way is not to create anaglyph pic but "side by side" pic. Then watch them with VR googles (equiped with lens for each eye ). I presume most of people using tellofpv (for fpv function) have ever vr googles, it is why i through it could be a good idea.
Here is a sample of pic we could make :

My idea was an automation for take the two pictures (using POI), then align and paste them into a side by side pic. But now i am not sure it was a good idea...

Last edited:
Reactions: raulvolador
Hi Raul,
Yeap, it is not so complicated. I think the better and easyer way is not to create anaglyph pic but "side by side" pic.

My idea was an automation for take the two pictures (using POI), then align and paste them into a side by side pic. But now i am not sure it was a good idea...

Ok. I understand. Your idea it's interesting but maybe it's better assambling your photos into external TelloFPV image editor.

Raul.

Reactions: spamaro
Ok. I understand. Your idea it's interesting but maybe it's better assambling your photos into external TelloFPV image editor.

Raul.
Yes, i am agree with you, the software i mentionned below is free, easy to use, allow to align pictures, and create side by side picture (I wonder why i haven't through to try it before with tello pics, i am impatient to do that now ! :) ).

Last edited:
Just for the records: I released v1.12a but there is no need to update.

No new functionality, only one minor bugfix but it eases the licensing mechanism a bit and re-phrases a couple of warning texts for licensing troubles.

As much as I like youtube reviews pushing the downloads a bit they also send a different breed of user to TelloFpv. People who don't read a warning but only it's title or who can't follow simple directions like "Connect to the internet and start the app again"

As a result I had more complains about :poop: licensing problems in the last two days than in the months before.

Hi I know many people have covered this topic but why are you not launching this application for iOS? Just wanted to know. Thanks!

Hi I know many people have covered this topic but why are you not launching this application for iOS? Just wanted to know. Thanks!
The Android version was initially created for myself, and I consider the commercial release a "hobby with financial benefits". Pay is low compared to a normal freelance job but at least I'm having some fun with it myself.

Now I don't own IOS devices and have no personal interest in venturing there. A "release" on IOS would mean a complete re-write as its a totally different world. No fancy one-click conversion tool can handle this job.

I considered doing IOS a few times. After taking into account the time required to implement & test, the time for customer support, then considering the overall market share of IOS vs Android, and my best guess on attrition rate I came up with this: I would earn about 2€ - 3€ per hour before tax.
Now that may be decent pay in some regions of the world but the usual rate for professional mobile development over here is about 100€-120€/h.

the usual rate for professional mobile development over here is about 100€-120€/h.

Jesus christ, that sounds extreme. I'm a senior JS developer and I make less than 10€/h. I know in Europe an average dev salary is about 50K € and even that's nowhere near to what you're saying...

The average rate for a professional external consultant doing mobile development is 85€ plus expenses and taxes. For that amount you get a normal developer that can build normal form based data in / data out apps. A developer that can build another TelloFpv has to perform network analysis, know a thing or two about binary protocols, video handling, multithreading, etc and will cost at least 20% more.

Salary of an inhouse developer is a total different story. Maybe like 60k p.a. depending on level.

But don't forget: Everything is also way more expensive here.

Last edited:
The Android version was initially created for myself, and I consider the commercial release a "hobby with financial benefits". Pay is low compared to a normal freelance job but at least I'm having some fun with it myself.

Now I don't own IOS devices and have no personal interest in venturing there. A "release" on IOS would mean a complete re-write as its a totally different world. No fancy one-click conversion tool can handle this job.

I considered doing IOS a few times. After taking into account the time required to implement & test, the time for customer support, then considering the overall market share of IOS vs Android, and my best guess on attrition rate I came up with this: I would earn about 2€ - 3€ per hour before tax.
Now that may be decent pay in some regions of the world but the usual rate for professional mobile development over here is about 100€-120€/h.
Ok thank you! I will try the application in an Android phone. The app sounds really good. I can’t believe that I talked to the developer of this app. You are really smart to have programmed an app that adds more features to the Tello.

Has anyone tried using Terios T3 on TelloFPV app?

Attachments

• TeriosT3BluetoothWirelessGamepadforSmartphoneSmartTVBox_1.jpg.jpg
    TeriosT3BluetoothWirelessGamepadforSmartphoneSmartTVBox_1.jpg.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 12
Ok thank you! I will try the application in an Android phone. The app sounds really good. I can’t believe that I talked to the developer of this app. You are really smart to have programmed an app that adds more features to the Tello.
(y)
Developers are also just humans. OK, some are strange looking geeks locked up in windowless cubicles but there are also normal folks.:)

• Haha
Reactions: raulvolador
That said I am currently experimenting with some pretty ground breaking functionality. I've played with an idea for a couple of months already but I never found the time to test it. Now that TelloFpv is stable and pretty functionality rich I think its time to get this one rolling

Hi, @volate!lo, a few days passed from your ad. Can you anticipate us something about that breaking functionality you are working in ?

We are looking forward... :p

Raul.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode