Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

I follow the same routine except I first start Wifi extender :). Still issues which I'm sure are Bluetooth interference. The red lighting bolt loves me :( Darn T1d :(
Could also be dinner in the microwave, your smartwach, you cordless mouse & keyboard, your SmartTV remote, your BT soundbar, your activit tracker, your kookoo clock...

Depending on boot speed of the Wifi extender it should be #2. Tello's wifi should be there when the extender starts to look for it. Thats faster than other way round.

Phone should only be connected to the extender after the extender has connected to Tello. Thats because Tello runs the DHCP server that assignes the phone the IP address to use. Without it the phone can't connect (unless you defined a static IP address)

Reactions: xcrost
If you are once ready with tellofpv you can Program a virtual rollercoasterFPV App for Tello ???????

Development for TelloFpv will most likely end a few month after Tello is no longer sold. Maybe a year from now.
I have enough ideas for the next few months though not all will make it into TelloFpv.

I just hope the make Tello 2 compatible or similar enough to adapt TelloFpv.

Reactions: Flydrone and xcrost
Development for TelloFpv will most likely end a few month after Tello is no longer sold. Maybe a year from now.
I have enough ideas for the next few months though not all will make it into TelloFpv.

I just hope the make Tello 2 compatible or similar enough to adapt TelloFpv.
I dont Think they will do a Tello2.
And if they do, they dont do it in a Way that there is Place for 3rd Market.

What if the Tello is in production for the next 5 years?
I might run out of ideas.

I dont Think they will do a Tello2.
And if they do, they dont do it in a Way that there is Place for 3rd Market.

Actually I hope they keep Tello for another year or two. They just released the Edu, so they actively develop the product (versus just producing new units).

If they do a Tello 2 I hope it will be just like this one. All I'm asking for is a real compass instead of gyroscope to allow real GPS like functionality from the VPS, and onboard recording (sd or internal). Maybe a manual tilt for the cam (simple mechanism like Dobby has) . My wishlist costs maybe 2 Euro production cost but would make this a whole different drone. Just imagine a follow me function for Tello, or a real flight plan where you plan an autonomous flight on the map.
With onboard recording the footage of the current cam would be very good for the size.

Most important is to keep the price tag, the size, the weight, and the flight time. For those wanting something larger / more powerful there is the spark and a host of other drones.

Latest flight was great! I can't find any bugs so far;) I saw a couple of things but I need to test more. Once an alert message popped up and I swear it was in Spanish but it was so quick I can't be for sure. One minor request for the list... Can you change the scale for low batt. warning fairly easily? 10% is too low and 15% is too high. I know I'm being picky :) my tello likes to fly forever at 13% but dies quickly lower than that. Very low priority. Thanks again for this awesome feat of software engineering!!!

Another thing I noticed...If I change exposure to +.7 lets say and then next time I sart the app it seems it doubles the brightness (like it is raising .7 again automatically). I have to go back to auto and then re-set the exposure. Maybe a re-set to auto when the app is re-started will solve it? I would have to set exposure each flight but prob. should anyway.

Latest flight was great! I can't find any bugs so far;) I saw a couple of things but I need to test more. Once an alert message popped up and I swear it was in Spanish but it was so quick I can't be for sure. One minor request for the list... Can you change the scale for low batt. warning fairly easily? 10% is too low and 15% is too high. I know I'm being picky :) my tello likes to fly forever at 13% but dies quickly lower than that. Very low priority. Thanks again for this awesome feat of software engineering!!!

If you have very thin finger no problem with changing the scale.

Another thing I noticed...If I change exposure to +.7 lets say and then next time I sart the app it seems it doubles the brightness (like it is raising .7 again automatically). I have to go back to auto and then re-set the exposure. Maybe a re-set to auto when the app is re-started will solve it? I would have to set exposure each flight but prob. should anyway.
If it does its a problem of Tello firmware.
On the other hand I have been thinking of re-setting EV to auto on each connect. Simply because most times you have to start adjusting EV anyway, and unless you fly several batteries in a row conditions will change from flight to flight.

Yours too? Mine said "tu eres un moron", but it was like a millisecond, so can't be sure.
You just haven't found all the hidden easter eggs. Watch "Fight Club" and you know what I mean.

Reactions: xcrost and Ansia
So the first rule of TelloFPV is, do not talk about TelloFPV?
No that doesn't help increase download.

I thought about the scene where Tyler works in a cinema and edits the kid's movies to include single frames of adult movies. Have you ever checked your videos at frame number 666? :cool:

No that doesn't help increase download.

I thought about the scene where Tyler works in a cinema and edits the kid's movies to include single frames of adult movies. Have you ever checked your videos at frame number 666? :cool:
OH MY

That wasn't a complex thing to do. I keep track of frame anyay, so I just had to inject an "adult" keyframe from local storage followed by a keyframe for the stream so its just visible for about 1/30 second.

I wonder how many people are now busy checking their videos for the nice blue movie lady?

But thats just the beginning. Its not about adding that static lady frame but about dynamically injecting subconscious frames that were downloaded before. It's called the 25th frame effect for subconscious mind control and could be my way to world domination. Or advertising revenue.
Or just bad ratings for low video quality. We shall see.

I wonder how many people are now busy checking their videos for the nice blue movie lady?

But thats just the beginning. Its not about adding that static lady frame but about dynamically injecting subconscious frames that were downloaded before. It's called the 25th frame effect for subconscious mind control and could be my way to world domination. Or advertising revenue.
Or just bad ratings for low video quality. We shall see.
I started speaking with a German accent today :(

Reactions: Ansia
Congrats @volate!lo, I've tried your app and I find more enjoyable to use than the stock app. The latency is quite good and the video quality more than adequate. Can I ask how you dealt with the video stream? I've been struggling myself with finding suitable ffmpeg settings to keep latency low while being in a format comptabile with web browsers' ISO-BMFF or WEBM formats.

Congrats @volate!lo, I've tried your app and I find more enjoyable to use than the stock app. The latency is quite good and the video quality more than adequate. Can I ask how you dealt with the video stream? I've been struggling myself with finding suitable ffmpeg settings to keep latency low while being in a format comptabile with web browsers' ISO-BMFF or WEBM formats.

I don't know ffmpeg, of course I read about it but never used it. TelloFpv decodes and converts the video stream using the stock android mechanisms.

I have issues with the additional mode 360, up and away, and circle because they didn't recorded into videos. The drone is circling, moving like they supposed to do but when i check the gallery there is no video. Normal shots and videos are working fine tough.

Im using samsung galaxy j4+ with mifi extender 2. And yes, purchased app.

On the other hand I have been thinking of re-setting EV to auto on each connect. Simply because most times you have to start adjusting EV anyway, and unless you fly several batteries in a row conditions will change from flight to flight.

GREAT IDEA. Please, reset EV to auto on each flight.

It happend to me many times that I modify EV value during a flight and I forget to change it on the next flight.

All the best.

raul

Hi,
with my new T1s controller, the mapping does not work for the arrow keys of the DPad in the TelloFPV 0.97 Beta app. All other values are perfect for mapping, whether with BT or OTG connection.
But they work with the original app via BT!
Does anyone use the combination TelloFVP app 0.97 and GameSir T1s where the mapping of the D Map keys is selectable?
Thanks for hints.

Reactions: Clinton1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv