Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

v0.97 Tested succesfully

A lot of good stuff. Flying feelings are very good. I felt very comfortable flying with it. Great work @volate!lo we are lucky you are working hard for this growing comunity.

I succesfully tested new features, as corruption indicator (notice red ray on the left)
corruption indicator.jpg

I enjoyed a lot photo mode not distorted image, by adding side black bars.

Unfortunately, photo download use to fail into far flights, when low wifi signal. It happend to me twice last flight. After about 10 seconds and photo download percentage about 80% suddenly photo download failed :confused:

See here, photo taken at 2:46 (image noise added for privacy reasons)
photo start.jpg

At 2:54 (about 8 seconds after) percentaje downloaded gets 88%
photo 88 percent.jpg

And suddenly photo download failed at 2:55 (9 seconds)
photo failed.jpg

Can it be caused by a timer ? In that case, could you let us configure max time before photo download fail ?

All the best and keep doint so good work

raul.

I have issues with the additional mode 360, up and away, and circle because they didn't recorded into videos. The drone is circling, moving like they supposed to do but when i check the gallery there is no video. Normal shots and videos are working fine tough.

Im using samsung galaxy j4+ with mifi extender 2. And yes, purchased app.
These are -like the APs- just flight modes for controlling the drone with no automatic recording. You have to start / stop recording manually before /after the flight mode.

Hi,
with my new T1s controller, the mapping does not work for the arrow keys of the DPad in the TelloFPV 0.97 Beta app. All other values are perfect for mapping, whether with BT or OTG connection.
But they work with the original app via BT!
Does anyone use the combination TelloFVP app 0.97 and GameSir T1s where the mapping of the D Map keys is selectable?
Thanks for hints.
T1s reports non-standard buttons when connected as a normal gamepad.
It seems that Ryze coded around the quirks of the Gamesir controllers. Or -more likely- they had access to the Gamesir SDK.

After the VR release I will look into totally flexible mapping. That is buttons can be mapped as sticks and sticks can be mapped as buttons. And any stick can be mapped onto any axis.

Reactions: flug1000
v0.97 Tested succesfully

A lot of good stuff. Flying feelings are very good. I felt very comfortable flying with it. Great work @volate!lo we are lucky you are working hard for this growing comunity.

I succesfully tested new features, as corruption indicator (notice red ray on the left)
View attachment 2591

I enjoyed a lot photo mode not distorted image, by adding side black bars.

Unfortunately, photo download use to fail into far flights, when low wifi signal. It happend to me twice last flight. After about 10 seconds and photo download percentage about 80% suddenly photo download failed :confused:

See here, photo taken at 2:46 (image noise added for privacy reasons)

At 2:54 (about 8 seconds after) percentaje downloaded gets 88%

And suddenly photo download failed at 2:55 (9 seconds)

Can it be caused by a timer ? In that case, could you let us configure max time before photo download fail ?

All the best and keep doint so good work

raul.
Are you trying to trigger heart attacks? I though my video feed was producing these strange images!! :)

For photo download. Thats not that easy because of the way Tello handles the photo download. It has some error correction in it, but not enough to be really reliable. Making TelloFpv wait longer for the data won't help, because of how Tello handles the download.

If the stock app is better in this area then I need to look into this. There is of course the chance that there is an error in the handling, but not very likely. Pls try the stock app in similar conditions.

Reactions: raulvolador
Are you trying to trigger heart attacks? I though my video feed was producing these strange images!! :)

For photo download. Thats not that easy because of the way Tello handles the photo download. It has some error correction in it, but not enough to be really reliable. Making TelloFpv wait longer for the data won't help, because of how Tello handles the download.

If the stock app is better in this area then I need to look into this. There is of course the chance that there is an error in the handling, but not very likely. Pls try the stock app in similar conditions.

I'm sorry, I did not want to kill you from a heart attack. At least until you finish app codding ;)

I reviewed other flight recordings and photo download failure always happend at 9-10 seconds, no matter download percentage showed, that made me believe it was a programed timer.

At least, your app didn't hangs and let us try shooting photo again.

If I feel brave I'll try testing with stock app, although it does not give me security for far flights.

all the best.

There is a timer that kills the download around the 10 sec mark.

Can you re-check the videos to see if the % counter was still increasing when it was killed? Because my Tello doesn't send any data after around 8sec so killing it after 10sec sounded good for me.

I am pretty sure download percentage is still growing when photo download fail message appears. I will send you some video sample.

all the best

With the stock app I've had situations when the drone was as high as it can go and I would take a photo and then when I wanted to see them, nothing was there! What I noticed is that when the shutter button stops spinning immediately after taking the photo, then it didn't download. SO I usually press it two or three more times until I notice that it spins for some time :p Then it seems to download. Your app has the advantage that it tells you when it fails, which is nice.

On a different matter, I find the decision of making the app sounds depend on the keyboard sound settings... weird. Can you explain why you did that? I don't want to have to have sound on for the keyboard in order to get sound alerts from the app. I'm fine with using multimedia or ring volume for that purpose, though.

On a different matter, I find the decision of making the app sounds depend on the keyboard sound settings... weird. Can you explain why you did that? I don't want to have to have sound on for the keyboard in order to get sound alerts from the app. I'm fine with using multimedia or ring volume for that purpose, though.
What should I say... It was late in the night, I was tired, made a dumb decision, had a hangover, ... pick one!

Will be fixed in the next release.

The rpob with photo download is that you can't say: Hey Tello something went wrong, please send it again. There is some send-acknowledge scheme, but if Tello doesn't resend some missing / broken part of the file there is no way to complete a photo.
It could automatically trigger the photo again, but by then it's ten seconds later and Tello is facing in another direction.

There is a timer that kills the download around the 10 sec mark.

Can you re-check the videos to see if the % counter was still increasing when it was killed? Because my Tello doesn't send any data after around 8sec so killing it after 10sec sounded good for me.

@volate!lo

I sent you a privatte message containing a TelloFPV v0.97 video flight.

For me it's clear photo download is killed while it is still downloading and timer needs a few more seconds.

I hope you can find a solution.

all the best and keep doing so good work.

Please, forgive us being so boring and demanding ;)

raul.

Last edited:
next version will see the download period doubled to 20sec. We will see if that helps.

I'm having an issue with yaw rate. Seems to happen randomly so far. The rate is reduced dramatically and it is not associated with Tello being too low to the ground or low batt. When the rate was low, I landed and took of again...If I stayed below ~1m the yaw was fast and normal. Once I went higher (and the VPS kicked in?) The Yaw rate went back to slow even if I raised altitude. Anyone one else seeing this?

I'm having an issue with yaw rate. Seems to happen randomly so far. The rate is reduced dramatically and it is not associated with Tello being too low to the ground or low batt. When the rate was low, I landed and took of again...If I stayed below ~1m the yaw was fast and normal. Once I went higher (and the VPS kicked in?) The Yaw rate went back to slow even if I raised altitude. Anyone one else seeing this?

Is not my case.

In v9.97 yaw works like a charm. Using Tune Controls menu I reduce Rate and Expo to 50% and increase Deadzone to 25.

Turns are now soft like butter ;) I have never seen random behaviours.

all the best.

raul.

Second one to that.
Ywan especially, but the others even.
Independent from the altitude, and battery too.
Landed, take off again and back to normal.
I don't know..just randomly..not always.

There is a function to cut rates in half, the Rate Limit button. Its not mapped by default, but maybe there is some glitch?? Can you check the button mapping for all your controllers & onscreen?

Some updates on the release of the next version?
Thanks again and good work with TelloFPV.(y)

Sorry if im asking a question that was asked already , hard to follow on more than 600 replies :)
@volate!lo , are u planning on implementing buttons for flips, and some more AP's to the onscreen controls ?
i know there are for the controllers

and again ... its not being said enough... but amazing software, very pro and really adding alot of value to the tello

thx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv