Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

I see these photos and I am still impressed on how great the photos come out of that little 5MP camera.
I don't see any greatness. A lot of noise and oversharpening even in good light. It just produces pleasant colors' rendering and that's all.

caould you hint of what those functions could be ?
360 panoramic photos, a horizontal pano for wide buildings or large groups of people, a vertical pano for towers. Selfie timer, burst, AEB. Automatic videomodes like better orbits, spirals, up&away over long distances (or down&closer). I have a ton of ideas.

v0.98 is now in public Beta on google play store. Please feel free to update !

This is mostly a bugfix as there was a serious bug causing the app to crash inflight if VPS switched off while running an AP

NEW
----
* Option to cancel landing by pushing throttle up
* Finer granularity for sliders: battery threshold, RTH altitude, IFrame periods
* Provide hints in case unable to connect to Tello (Tello app still open, phone not in flight mode)
* Exposure is reset to AUTO on App start

Fixed issues
------------
* App crash if VPS turning off while on autopilot
* Circle POI does only 180 deg instead of 360 deg
* Button click didn't work sometimes
* Phone battery reported as 0% on Huawei
* Timeout cancels photo download after 10s (new: 20s)
* VPS reported as inactive on startup

This is mostly a bugfix as there was a serious bug causing the app to crash inflight if VPS switched off while running an AP

NEW
----
* Finer granularity for sliders: battery threshold, RTH altitude, IFrame periods
* Provide hints in case unable to connect to Tello (Tello app still open, phone not in flight mode)

Fixed issues
------------
This is awesome! Thanks for implementing so many requests! And solving issues haven't even reported yet :)

NEW
----

Fixed issues
------------

volate!lo Thank you very much!

In this update I see many improvements related to my last video test.

Great job!

Reactions: xcrost
So you are saying it's not an impressive photo for a toy drone who was never designed to take photos from far away objects?
Sorry, the photo is just usual for cheap 5MPx hardware, nothing impressive.
And the drone was designed to take photos, this is why it've got camera. :)

This is awesome! Thanks for implementing so many requests! And solving issues haven't even reported yet :)
in google play console I can see stacktraces of app crashes so I see a few things even if not reported. It happened only five times and affected only two users, but for me an inflight crash is a serious issue.

Reactions: xcrost
I have been using TelloFPV successfully so far, but after trying to connect the drone to my Xiaomi wifi repeater (without success), I am receiving a message "Connecting to Tello - - - Tello disconnected", and can't use the app any more. Has anybody got an idea what might be the reason?

I have been using TelloFPV successfully so far, but after trying to connect the drone to my Xiaomi wifi repeater (without success), I am receiving a message "Connecting to Tello - - - Tello disconnected", and can't use the app any more. Has anybody got an idea what might be the reason?
Either Tello Stock app still keeps hold of the connection. Or your phone isn't in flight mode (and blocks access to the Tello Wifi since it does not offer a valid internet).
The latest beta available on playstore gives a hint about the cause.

And BTW: Die Darstellung der Admins im Drohnenforum ist korrekt, aber irreführend. Wenn die nur Spam verhindern wollen, sollen sie das auch entsprechend formulieren. Stattdessen haben sie mir mitgeteilt, dass eine kommerzielle Nutzung untersagt ist - woraufhin ich um Löschung gebeten habe, weil ich als Kommerzieller das Forum nicht nutzen darf. Alles weitere hat sich dort nur sinnlos hochgeschaukelt.

@volate!lo: After a few hours and after restarting both the phone and Tello, both apps - the stock one and telloFPV - worked again. Your app remains my favourite, though.

BTW: Ich habe mich zu dem Verhalten der Administration im Drohnenforum eindeutig geäußert. Deine Beiträge sind m. E. allesamt konstruktiv und haben nichts mit Werbung zu tun. Da wurde wohl in erheblichem Maß überreagiert!

@volate!lo: After a few hours and after restarting both the phone and Tello, both apps - the stock one and telloFPV - worked again. Your app remains my favourite, though.

BTW: Ich habe mich zu dem Verhalten der Administration im Drohnenforum eindeutig geäußert. Deine Beiträge sind m. E. allesamt konstruktiv und haben nichts mit Werbung zu tun. Da wurde wohl in erheblichem Maß überreagiert!
As said the new beta version contains hints why TelloFpv can't connect.

BTW: Das war eher Misskommunikation vom Feinsten. Ich habe meine Beiträge erstellt bevor die sich zurückgemeldet hatten, das hatte sich mit deren Hinweis also überschnitten. Nur dass sie mir jetzt "falsche / ungenaue Andeutungen" nachsagen, ist nicht gerade die feine englische Art.
Ich habe nur klar gesagt, dass mir die kommerzielle Nutzung untersagt wurde und habe mich zurückgezogen.

This is how it looked before moving the range extender and photos would fail. You can see there was a bit of wash on the screen due to wifi interference.

This is the final product after moving the extender:

I'm not sure if that one was the one from 30m, so uploading the rest.
View attachment 2653View attachment 2654

was the % still increasing when the download timeout kicked in?

I beleive it is something else. Like I said, when I moved the extender 3 meters from me, all worked perfect.

Edit: I flew with a bluetooth controller, so that also contributed.

The extender should always stay at least 3-5m away from you if you use a BT controller or have any other BT device on.

BT disturbs all WIFI communication, not just the video link. So it damages data packages of the download so these need to be re-transferred and this takes time.
It will also negatively affect VPS position as not all position reports make it from Tello to the phone.

Reactions: Ansia
The extender should always stay at least 3-5m away from you if you use a BT controller or have any other BT device on.

BT disturbs all WIFI communication, not just the video link. So it damages data packages of the download so these need to be re-transferred and this takes time.
It will also negatively affect VPS position as not all position reports make it from Tello to the phone.

I have downloaded the TelloFPV app, and plan to get in some flying time this weekend. I'm using the T1d via bluetooth, but it sounds like using a wired controller seems to be more reliable. Is there a way to use the T1d as a wired controller??

Tried 0.98 Today.

- I have some Problems with POI. It do nothing. Stay in Air, but nothing more.

- Tello Loose height while flying in Video Mode. If I fly forward, the faster it looses height.

Video Transmission was Perfect. Picture Mode is not Fullscreen.

- RTH was not that Perfect as before. 2 times it was 3m away from starting point (which is still Perfect for no GPS) Its not that bad, may be tomorrow it Works again.

Edit:
One more Thing I forget to write- I had mostly a little Toilette Bowl Effect. Means, Tello didnt hover still in Air. It always drifts a bit around. Forward, backward, circles...

Last edited:
screenshot_20190112-091518_tellofpv-jpg.2651
Nice pic! And nice resolution! Is that a phone or tablet?

Reactions: Ansia
Tried 0.98 Today.

- I have some Problems with POI. It do nothing. Stay in Air, but nothing more.

- Tello Loose height while flying in Video Mode. If I fly forward, the faster it looses height.

Video Transmission was Perfect. Picture Mode is not Fullscreen.

- RTH was not that Perfect as before. 2 times it was 3m away from starting point (which is still Perfect for no GPS) Its not that bad, may be tomorrow it Works again.

Prima ein Tester!!

To your points:
  • POI: What exactly are you doing and what happens? Do you happen to have a screen recording? Because for me they work (and I only changed one line of code between 0.97 and 0.98 that can not cause trouble)
  • Tello loosing altitude, can you do a quick test with the stock app? Sounds like a bad motor to me.
  • For stretching video (like it was in the first versions) you have to activate an option. If you prefer stretched video there is an option under "main settings => misc". Non-stretched was made default on last update, because many folks seem to fly with largish 18:9 or 19:9 phones.
  • RTH - hasn't been not touched in v0.98
Could it be that you had problems with your VPS? because RTH inaccurate and POI APs not working at all sound like VPS was lost midflight. Can you check your flight log?

Reactions: nahuel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv