Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

wow, I never got it.

But i just got your new one :)

P.S. It says license stored, Is that all i ever have to do for this phone?

note: That is a sneaky cool easter egg for the code entry ;)

Entering the code is a one time thing. You have to enter it again in case you delete & reinstall, or for some other reason the settings get lost so keep the code. It will work for future updates as well but for this particular device only.

There are actually more easter eggs hidden inside TelloFpv :censored:

Hi volate!lo ,

I want to ask you about the follow mode . Is it possible to implement this in TelloFPV app?

Regards
Marcin
Nope. No GPS and no gimbal/fisheye => no follow me.

Nope. No GPS and no gimbal/fisheye => no follow me.

Understood . Thanks for response :)

Last edited:
almost forgot... v1.01 is out:

New
* Translations complete: EN, DE, ES, IT, PT, FR

Changes
* Bitrate Auto starts @ 4Mbps, automaticaly reduced if link quality drops, tries to increase every few seconds

Fixes
* Photodownload problem for some phones
* Screensize not correct for some phones

@raulvolador I'm not 100% sure the auto bitrate is what you want. I can imagine it will be less stable than a falt 1Mbps link. In case you run into problem just switch to 1Mbps for a stable link

if the problem is in Italian does not have many English translations, it is not like the Spanish that has 99% of the words translated, but it is super good that you help to make the translation better
No prob at all.
If it was considered useful, let me know the italian script file updated or in progress right now, and I will be happy to make correction.
Don't ask me to keeping it setted italian, when I am running TelloFPV app..no way, I keep it in english :sneaky:

Last edited:
All translations are done and productive now. If someone sees room for improvement just let me know what word / phrase should be replaced. No need to pass around files.

@ceredajunior I forgot to ask you: Do you want to be mentioned in "about => credits"? I left it out for now since I didn't have your consent

This is for Volate!lo:
I don't know how to start a new thread as the only link I see is reply so if I screwed up...I'm sorry. I already made the mistake of posting this in Tello Developer (which I will delete if requested to do so) but a nice gentleman directed me here so here goes...
I was wondering if it might be possible to link flight info (available onscreen) ie. distance, height, velocity etc. into the photo and video information. I would find it useful in a number of ways. I really enjoy your app although I am on my second Tello as my first one ignored my repeated return home requests and sailed off into never-never land...you know, that place where your Tello is never-never seen again. Thanks for all the countless hours you have spent making the lives of others in this community that much happier through your app.

almost forgot... v1.01 is out:
* Bitrate Auto starts @ 4Mbps, automaticaly reduced if link quality drops, tries to increase every few seconds

@raulvolador I'm not 100% sure the auto bitrate is what you want. I can imagine it will be less stable than a falt 1Mbps link. In case you run into problem just switch to 1Mbps for a stable link

@volate!lo,

Congratulations, you did it again !

I tried a ground quick test and new v1.01 TelloFPV Auto Bitrate works GREAT.

I recorded a short clip as I walked away from Tello and returned.

Here you can see video procesed using BitRate Viewer:

telloFPV 1.01 autobitrate.jpg

AutoBitrate operation is perfect, just as I wanted !

Notice bitrate starts at high value 4Mb, decreases to 1 mb minimun value when I'm away and grows back to 4 Mb maximum value as I return close to Tello.

This is the way autoBitrate should have always worked. High quality video in short distances and lower quality as you get away.

From now on I will always use autobitrate for all my casual flights. I will set Fixed bitrates only ocasionally, for example low bitrate for distance marks or high bitrate for very close flights and cinematic shoots.

Compare previous 1.00 TelloFPV release autobitrate. It always went down and never grows again. Happily It will never happen again.

telloFPV 1.0 autobitrate.jpg

You make my happy ;)
Keep doing so good work.

raul.

Last edited:
This is for Volate!lo:
I don't know how to start a new thread as the only link I see is reply so if I screwed up...I'm sorry. I already made the mistake of posting this in Tello Developer (which I will delete if requested to do so) but a nice gentleman directed me here so here goes...
I was wondering if it might be possible to link flight info (available onscreen) ie. distance, height, velocity etc. into the photo and video information. I would find it useful in a number of ways. I really enjoy your app although I am on my second Tello as my first one ignored my repeated return home requests and sailed off into never-never land...you know, that place where your Tello is never-never seen again. Thanks for all the countless hours you have spent making the lives of others in this community that much happier through your app.

I have to weight usefulness, number of users, complexity and development time. I will have quick look tomorrow to have an understanding of the effort involved but I highly doubt this will make it. Certainly not into the video, far too much effort. The EXIF info may be an option.

@volate!lo,

Congratulations, you did it again !

I tried a ground quick test and new Auto Bitrate works GREAT.

I recorded a short clip as I walked away from Tello and returned.

Here you can see video procesed using BitRate Viewer:

View attachment 3124

AutoBitrate operation is perfect, just as I wanted !

Notice bitrate starts at high value 4Mb, decreases to 1 mb minimun value when I'm away and grows back to 4 Mb maximum value as I return close to Tello.

This is the way autoBitrate should have always worked.

From now on I will always use autobitrate for flight and fixed bitrates only ocasionally, for example for distance records or close flights.

Before this 1.01 TelloFPV release autobitrate always went down and never grows again. It will never happen again.

View attachment 3125

You make my happy ;)
Keep doing so good work.

raul.

Cool!

@volate!lo

I was trying 1.01 and now I can't land pushing stick down in video mode.

If I toe in my sticks like this \ / sometimes it starts the motors, most times it doesn't.

When using OTG, I get ghosting of my Android OS buttons inside the app, been trying to screenshot this, but the bastards are fast.

Not cool.
But: I haven't modified anything in that area for 1.01. You are already anticipating the bugs of next week when I start with controller mapping changes. And I never messed with stick landing at all as thats something Tello does by itself when it sees stick down while hovering low.

Sounds to me like your controller's throttle stick is no longer working properly. Maybe check with a gamepad tester app

I'm not quite sure what you mean by ghosting? Flashing?

I have to weight usefulness, number of users, complexity and development time. I will have quick look tomorrow to have an understanding of the effort involved but I highly doubt this will make it. Certainly not into the video, far too much effort. The EXIF info may be an option.
Thank you for your quick response, I know you are very busy and I appreciate you considering my question. I want to clarify that I am not really interested in additional camera/video information, it is fine as is. What I hope for is tagging certain info from the flight screen (height, distance from home) etc... and including said info in the camera/video information. I don't expect to have the ability to see altitude changes as they occur in a video but max height etc... would really help when presenting the photos to others or simply trying to reproduce an image. Thank you again for considering my request, I imagine there are others out there who would enjoy these stats as well.

My controller works fine. It does land in sport mode. Only resists when it goes down to about half a meter. I can go up and down perfectly above that height. I'm trying to reproduce the ghosting. As soon as I can, I will post a screenshot.
Have you checked your throttle rates?
Because stick landing isn't handled by TelloFpv at all. I just send stick commands and tello decides to land (or not).

I guess the version was "1.00 p". Note the blank between the version 1.00 and the P.
The P is not a version but indicates a Permanent license so you know you won't be bugged by license checks anymore.

Thank you for your quick response, I know you are very busy and I appreciate you considering my question. I want to clarify that I am not really interested in additional camera/video information, it is fine as is. What I hope for is tagging certain info from the flight screen (height, distance from home) etc... and including said info in the camera/video information. I don't expect to have the ability to see altitude changes as they occur in a video but max height etc... would really help when presenting the photos to others or simply trying to reproduce an image. Thank you again for considering my request, I imagine there are others out there who would enjoy these stats as well.

Thats what I understood but my guess is that its a lot of effort. We are talking about video / photo manipulation in realtime. The relation "value vs effort" just doesn't look good for this feature. As said I will look into the EXIF info, and possibly photos for a later release. But its not high on the list.

I know that for example "flight manager" for parrot drones is super cool.
1549582691703.png
Realistically this is months of fulltime effort so it will never make it to the feature list. I can write detailed log files for each flight so you can pick them up to build your own video manipulation app if you want.

Raul and volatello, you guys make a great team!
I haven't tested the new version yet but I hope I can do it tomorrow! It looks good in Portuguese too! I think there are a few words or expressions that should be replaced and i think it will be spotless!!

Socorro -> Ajuda
Saida -> Sair
Fluxo -> Stream
Salvar o fluxo h.264 -> Guardar stream h.264
Pare -> Parar
Limitar Taxa -> Limitar Rotações
Turbinar taxa -> Impulsionar Rotações
Viagem máxima a partir de casa -> Distância máxima a partir de casa
Alta distância percorrida -> Maior distância percorrida
Inicio da bateria -> Bateria ao inicio
Terreno da bateria -> Bateria ao pousar
Modo de foto de tamanho -> Tamanho do modo de foto

And in vr mode the word "Photo" appears instead of "Foto".
People who speaks Portuguese correct me and improve it please!

Last edited:
Your throttle axis in video mode also has a rate of 80%? Maybe try to get it closer to 100% and see if anything happens.

Yes but once it gets about 30 cms from the ground the proximity sensor prevents it from landing right away, maybe the rate is not high enough to make the tello overcome the orders given by the sensor or something like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv