Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Oh man perfect timing For the "Dynamic Video Rate switching on Tello With Tello FPV" 0MBPs (FPV) to 4MBPs HD Video" feature tooo! added to the list asap...have you checked out the changes? Go to my channel! Raul You are immediately promoted to the stars list!" lol I'm running it like this beta! Updates as i go! Read the specs see all the good videos...so far...more to come!

Does the feature title sound OK? I am tweaking the Features list as I go. PDF Manual coming soon.

This is for Volate!lo:
I don't know how to start a new thread as the only link I see is reply so if I screwed up...I'm sorry. I already made the mistake of posting this in Tello Developer (which I will delete if requested to do so) but a nice gentleman directed me here so here goes...
I was wondering if it might be possible to link flight info (available onscreen) ie. distance, height, velocity etc. into the photo and video information. I would find it useful in a number of ways. I really enjoy your app although I am on my second Tello as my first one ignored my repeated return home requests and sailed off into never-never land...you know, that place where your Tello is never-never seen again. Thanks for all the countless hours you have spent making the lives of others in this community that much happier through your app.
Hi, i suppose you ever through about that, it would be less "clean" than what you expect, you could made screen snapshot with an app like DU Recorder for your need ?
An other way (maybe) would be to convert log file as subtitle file for video ? (I suggest that but i have never seen how the log are made, it is just an idea)

Last edited:
Reactions: xcrost
Is 0 MPps still there? I want to correct the description on my end
Thanks

***On Screen Wifi Corruption indicator built -in. Notifies of corruption in the stream. Tello FPV APP only.
***Dynamic Bitrate Switching 0-4MBps 0 for Super Long distance FPV with stable video. 1-4 Mbps Auto for HD video. Adjusts automatically according to signal. Tello FPV only.
Graphic coming soon.

Have you checked your throttle rates?
Because stick landing isn't handled by TelloFpv at all. I just send stick commands and tello decides to land (or not).

I guess the version was "1.00 p". Note the blank between the version 1.00 and the P.
The P is not a version but indicates a Permanent license so you know you won't be bugged by license checks anymore.

I next to version V1.01 I see a "T" (I'm still in beta testers)?
I purchased the app with my Google account, but can I use the app on my second device, again by downloading it from my Google Play Store account?

... I can write detailed log files for each flight so you can pick them up to build your own video manipulation app if you want.

Writing LOG files for each flight it's a very interesting feature, mainly for forensic analysis after a problem/crash/flyaway. Stock Tello app and aTelloPilot do it. See here Drone log

It would be even better to improve current TelloFPV Flight Log Screen for showing full data from every flight done and not just the last one. If It were able to plot a little chart showing Tello's route from takeoff to landing it would become a powerfull tool.

@volate!lo, feel free to shut me up whenever you want. We make you work too much. You should go on strike for some weeks ;)

Raul.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flydrone and xcrost
Raul and volatello, you guys make a great team!
I haven't tested the new version yet but I hope I can do it tomorrow! It looks good in Portuguese too! I think there are a few words or expressions that should be replaced and i think it will be spotless!!

Socorro -> Ajuda
Saida -> Sair
Fluxo -> Stream
Salvar o fluxo h.264 -> Guardar stream h.264
Pare -> Parar
Limitar Taxa -> Limitar Rotações
Turbinar taxa -> Impulsionar Rotações
Viagem máxima a partir de casa -> Distância máxima a partir de casa
Alta distância percorrida -> Maior distância percorrida
Inicio da bateria -> Bateria ao inicio
Terreno da bateria -> Bateria ao pousar
Modo de foto de tamanho -> Tamanho do modo de foto

And in vr mode the word "Photo" appears instead of "Foto".
People who speaks Portuguese correct me and improve it please!

Hi Token2695,

I fully agree to your suggestions for the initial menus translation. I had already sent a message to volate!lo explaining that the Portuguese (Portugal) has slightly different terms from the Portuguese (Brasil).

I can help you on the revision of the Portuguese translation and may be volate!lo has to include a Portuguese (BR) and a Portuguese (PT) translations as the most of softwares.

Cheers!

I have a question about an option that I saw in the app that is "Max Attitude # deg" that's what it is for? . By the way VolaTe! What magnifies App without a doubt if the Dron TELLO works is for you! , Tip you should put an option that means everything in the app, I know that there are many things that ask with the app but it is a suggestion nothing else :) great person!

Reactions: xcrost
I have a question about an option that I saw in the app that is "Max Attitude # deg" that's what it is for? . By the way VolaTe! What magnifies App without a doubt if the Dron TELLO works is for you! , Tip you should put an option that means everything in the app, I know that there are many things that ask with the app but it is a suggestion nothing else :) great person!

It reads in the manual. RTFM ?
It is a value for max angle of tilt while in sportsmode accelarating.

Good morning everyone!

Raul and volatello, you guys make a great team!
I haven't tested the new version yet but I hope I can do it tomorrow! It looks good in Portuguese too! I think there are a few words or expressions that should be replaced and i think it will be spotless!!

Socorro -> Ajuda
Saida -> Sair
Fluxo -> Stream
Salvar o fluxo h.264 -> Guardar stream h.264
Pare -> Parar
Limitar Taxa -> Limitar Rotações
Turbinar taxa -> Impulsionar Rotações
Viagem máxima a partir de casa -> Distância máxima a partir de casa
Alta distância percorrida -> Maior distância percorrida
Inicio da bateria -> Bateria ao inicio
Terreno da bateria -> Bateria ao pousar
Modo de foto de tamanho -> Tamanho do modo de foto

And in vr mode the word "Photo" appears instead of "Foto".
People who speaks Portuguese correct me and improve it please!

Than you, I will integrate in the next release! @ceredajunior has also pointed out a few discrepancies. Well, that's normal for an "out-of-context" translation of words.

I may be mistaken, but what that means is that I have to press 65% of my throttle to achieve the 80% output I have the motors at. I posted the wrong screenies, but the Throttle for video is at 50% and sports mode is exacly as that. Either way, the Tello should land if it responds to throttle down on higher altitudes.

Tello decides to land based on the stick positions it receives. If you have a rate of 50% that means that TelloFpv sends "throttle=-0.5" when at full stick down. I don't know what threshold triggers the landing, never tried that in detail. I guess that your rate is just too low to trigger landing.
This is not like the CSC arm motor command, where TelloFpv inspects stick positions and sends 100% outputs to start the motors regardless of rates. For CSC I know the flight state of Tello (grounded) so its OK to manipulate stick positions and rates, but in-flight I don't manipulate stick positions beyond applying rate, expo, deadzone.

I next to version V1.01 I see a "T" (I'm still in beta testers)?
I purchased the app with my Google account, but can I use the app on my second device, again by downloading it from my Google Play Store account?
The T means you are on a temporary license. That is license has been validated, but TelloFpv will re-evaluate in a couple of days to ensure you haven't cancelled the purchase and got a refund. This is what most sideloaders do: Purchase, download, make a backup, get refund. Then re-install the APK backup. Doesn't work for TelloFpv.
After the next re-evaluation it will become a P license. All happens in the background.

You can download from any device that uses the same primary user account. If you are using the "family library" it also works on your relative's phones.

Writing LOG files for each flight it's a very interesting feature, mainly for forensic analysis after a problem/crash/flyaway. Stock Tello app and aTelloPilot do it. See here Drone log

It would be even better to improve current TelloFPV Flight Log Screen for showing full data from every flight done and not just the last one. If It were able to plot a little chart showing Tello's route from takeoff to landing it would become a powerfull tool.

@volate!lo, feel free to shut me up whenever you want. We make you work too much. You should go on strike for some weeks ;)

Raul.
OK, Raul: shut up! :)

I thought about this, but so far I think I have other more important features to do. But yea, the Flight log was never meant to be this small little thing but more like a real flight log. Will take a few weeks before it evolves into what I want it to be.
Log files are certainly on the list. Does aTelloPilot write the same full logfiles like Telo app? Because I never really looked at these logfiles.

As someone already put: RTFM ! Under "Menu => help"

@xcrost I can understand your excitement about your channel but please keep this thread focused on TelloFpv development. BTW: 0 Mbps doesn't make sense because a 0Mbps video feed is a blank screen :)

I'm not sure we are a "Team" becouse @volate!lo is always working hard while I am having fun flying my Tello and non-stop demanding new features. It's a slightly unbalanced team. Isn't it ? ;)

Raul.
In terms of flight enjoyment certainly a bit unbalanced. I managed one full battery flight yesterday, first for days! Otherwise I just to quick 30s hops to test something. Normally my tello just sits next to me on a cooling fan and runs through one battery after the other for testing something.

All translations are done and productive now. If someone sees room for improvement just let me know what word / phrase should be replaced. No need to pass around files.

@ceredajunior I forgot to ask you: Do you want to be mentioned in "about => credits"? I left it out for now since I didn't have your consent
Well, You are the developer, then your decision is law, but if was about me for spending time to correct multiple error on the "italiana" [ Italiano, the language substantive in Italian is male..] version, I might be more improved to take it easier...don't get angry if I can't write every mistaken word instead of trying to modify the file received.

notwithstanding, My 2 cents for You

"salta fotogrammi corrotti" we are in video submenu, no need to make redundancies words...
"salva formato h264" same as above..
"Mostra indicatore di corruzione" it doesn't sound good, better is -> Icona Video Persi ;), in italian the word corruzione, is often used to indicate bad socila behaviour; it's not well suited in technical area..lol.

..and more and more; you know with no file with me, it's too much longer than needed.

Reactions: Ansia
Well, You are the developer, then your decision is law, but if was about me for spending time to correct multiple error on the "italiana" [ Italiano, the language substantive in Italian is male..] version, I might be more improved to take it easier...don't get angry if I can't write every mistaken word instead of trying to modify the file received.

notwithstanding, My 2 cents for You

"salta fotogrammi corrotti" we are in video submenu, no need to make redundancies words...
"salva formato h264" same as above..
"Mostra indicatore di corruzione" it doesn't sound good, better is -> Icona Video Persi ;), in italian the word corruzione, is often used to indicate bad socila behaviour; it's not well suited in technical area..lol.

..and more and more; you know with no file with me, it's too much longer than needed.
Thank you very much. Suggested changes are integrated.
You can certainly use the XML files that are attached on the original post about translations as input. Just make sure you somehow mark the changes you do. Or copy the modified lines into a new file or a word document, also no problem.

What does not work well is to just modify these files does because these files are not directly imported into the app. They are rearranged and modified to fix some special characters, placeholders, I have to add new phrases introduced in the meantime, etc.
If someone just changes a few words in the XML file without letting me know the exact changes I'd need to compare every single word in this file to find the differences. Because files have been reformatted and re-arranged so I can't use tools to do this job. Thats a tiresome manual job producing lots of errors.

OK, Raul: shut up! :)
I can't do that, you would get boring ;)
Log files are certainly on the list. Does aTelloPilot write the same full logfiles like Telo app? Because I never really looked at these logfiles.
Yes, aTelloPilot app write LOG files same format stock Tello app does. It seems a DJI standard file format. Forum member @BudWalker knows a lot about it. He programmed a LOG viewer app you can download from his webpage: CsvView Downloads. LOG file column description is there too.

Some time ago I was success extracting route information an plotting Tello's path from LOG data. Details here Plotting Ryze Tello Routes with CsvView and here too Drone log

All the best.

Raul.

Last edited:
Reactions: volate!lo
Hi Token2695,

I fully agree to your suggestions for the initial menus translation. I had already sent a message to volate!lo explaining that the Portuguese (Portugal) has slightly different terms from the Portuguese (Brasil).

I can help you on the revision of the Portuguese translation and may be volate!lo has to include a Portuguese (BR) and a Portuguese (PT) translations as the most of softwares.

Cheers!
Hello! Thank you, think there are only minor corrections to be made and one PT translation will cover both PT and Br,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv