Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Cool, thank you very much!

That will make it to the next version in a couple of days. I added @anielloz nickname in the credit section of the about box for his work on Es and IT. Is it OK if I add yours there as well for FR or do you prefer not to be there?

quick question, does anyone else have an issue with controller mapping in latest version ?

what kind of issues in detail?
OK, just saw your direct message to me. Just to keep everyone in the look I'll answer here:

when I try to change any onscreen axis by selecting, then moving onscreen icon, the controller box closes and the intended setting is not saved ?

Yes, that is a problem that I introduced with 1.06. Fixed in the next release (currently in Beta test), shall be made productive tomorrow I think.

I noticed Bitrate values shown on screen last TelloFPV releases.

I realized data shown is ACTUAL video stream Bitrate received from Tello. That's great !

This way, we can set a fixed Bitrate value at Video dialog settings. For example, 1Mb/s:

But Bitrate value shown on screen can be different:

We can get a higher value of 1.2Mb/s at close distances, low interference environment. See here:

Or we can get a lower value of 0.5 or 0.1 Mb/s at far distance/high interference environment:

This way showed Bitrate becomes a new piloting tool for Video Stream quality diagnostic.

Thanks to TelloFPV our beloved Tello it's less a toy and becomes a professional flying machine.

Have fun flying !

Raul.

Reactions: Flydrone
wow... how far away are you if you are receiving only 0.1Mbps ?

The value displayed is not the Mbps that are encoded and transmitted by tello but the bytes received by the phone.
Please note: 0.5Mbps can result in a somewhat working but pixelated video for a 1Mbps stream, but will be total garbage for a 4mbps stream.

The somewhat higher values for good connection are mostly due to the fact that I just count bytes received on the video link. That includes some data that strictly speaking may not be part of the encoded data (some video meta data data). Also the routine runs at low priority and sometimes it may count a bit longer than one second.

Last edited:
wow... how far away are you if you are receiving only 0.1Mbps ?

I flew about 250 meters far away, residential area, a dozen wifi networks surrounded me.

I was a bit brave as I recovered confidence into TelloFPV slow turning RTH feature at long distance ;)

Raul.

Wow... I made a short indoor test, not able to test it outside due to windy weather and too impatient to wait few days. What I was able to test works really great. Many thanks for that.
Few hints for consideration:
I missed a bit icon for throw takeoff, is there some way how to do it?
Maybe there could be one more option in video setting "video start on autopilots in video mode" possibility to swith this feature on/off same as "start record on take off".

For hand launch & land: RTFM ! :) you have to long press the take off button in the bottom center

Video recording is automatically started for PoiLockAutopilot + PoiCircleAutopilot + Pano360VideoAutopilot + DronieAutopilot. Or do you want the option to switch this off? I doubt many people will use these APs for anything else but videos

I wasn't really happy with the POI autopilot
I love the new way you can "throw" a POI hundred of meters in front of you. I use this feature when flying far and realized HOME point is misplaced due VPS failure. In that case I turn pointing takeoff point, throw a POI and continue flying sure as I know I can back home using POI Autopilot if I run into any trouble.

Nice feature !

Raul.

I didn't notice info in manual about long press the take off button, now it´s clear, thank a lot.
My idea about auto record option was to combine one shot with a few APs. Probablly your app will not stop current recording while I will use 360 after up and away. Official app works like this so I was frightened that it´s back :)

The only event on which the app stops the recording are: connection loss, power off, close app, switch to photo mode. Maybe more that I can't think of at the moment, but its only event where there is no alternative.

Reactions: Sagvan82
I love the new way you can "throw" a POI hundred of meters in front of you. I use this feature when flying far and realized HOME point is misplaced due VPS failure. In that case I turn pointing takeoff point, throw a POI and continue flying sure as I know I can back home using POI Autopilot if I run into any trouble.

Nice feature !

Raul.
I didn't think of that one but yes, you are right, its a way to keep a second visual marker to a position. I actually thought about adding a "fly to POI" autopilot...

But the next week is all about stabilizing, cleaning up, improving speed, and fixing a few minor bugs. And overall losing a bit weight, TelloFpv doesn't feel as snappy as in the beginning. So its time for a cleanup

For hand launch & land: RTFM ! :) you have to long press the take off button in the bottom center

Video recording is automatically started for PoiLockAutopilot + PoiCircleAutopilot + Pano360VideoAutopilot + DronieAutopilot. Or do you want the option to switch this off? I doubt many people will use these APs for anything else but videos
The on-screen indicator is very good. With this, you can see that the controller is connected securely without displaying "B" or "W". I think that it is a very good idea.

I hope to automatically stop the recording after the autopilot has done the mission. Because I often forget to stop recording even after carrying out my duties, so unnecessary recorded images will accumulate.
By the way, there is a trivial bug in the controller key mapping.
Double tap the screen to delete the button mapping, but if (long-press) is mapped, the button will be deleted but only the (long-press) will remain.

Over the time I have received a few isolated report about video files being corrupt. That is videos not playable, or cut off after a few seconds (not related to closing the app or crashes, but just a normal video recording that is not playable).

If someone of you is affected by this please try the APKs in the attached ZIPs and report back if one of these solves your issue. These are based on v1.10 currently in beta but contain subtle differences in video handling.
One caveat: If you are currently on the production version v1.06 you will lose all settings & flight history when going back to 1.06 so you should stick with one of these version until v1.10 is made productive.

Edit: I removed the attached test versions. The problem appears to be fixed in v1.11, at least I have three reports now that it works.

Last edited:
v1.10 has been updated with translations for the modified functions.
Also I found a way to improve video recording. The negative impact of IFrames has been greatly reduced, so from now on it is suggested to use IFrame intervals of 1-2 seconds, reducing the potential problems with long-living jitter and artifacts.
Live video feed should be improved too, but not as much.

But no new functions, so I kept the 1.10 label.

Although it is only in the room, the application works without error in my environment.
I was late to notice, but when a wired controller was connected "ok" would be displayed! Easier to understand. Thank you.
The manual has also been updated. I am translating it to the language of my country at once.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv