Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Version 1.11 has just been released for both the full version and the free demo.
Automatic updates through play store should be rolled out over the next hours (or do a manual update in play store).

Cool new features: Up&Away with flexible distance & speed, 360° video with flexible speed, all autopilots work in VR mode and all have a countdown timer (no phone in your hands during selfies!). Indicators shown for control commands sent to drone (for phone control, ext. controllers, and autopilots)

Changelog since last productive version 1.06

New since
  • Improved recorded Video
  • Point of Interest can be "dropped" to the current position, to the home position, or set with a dialog
  • New autopilot: Up & away for any distance and speed
  • New autopilot: 360° video at any speed
  • All autopilots have countdown timer
  • All Autopilots can be controlled with controller and work in VR mode
  • STOP button cancels photo download
  • If Corruption indicator is on, current effective bitrate is also displayed
  • 8D flips (diagonal flips)
  • Onscreen Indicator for current throttle, yaw, pitch, roll
  • Connected controllers show "OK" in controller status (or battery level if known)
  • Reports if VPS data is outdated (happens on weak wifi signals )
Changes
  • Original flightmodes up&away, 360, circle have been removed as they are obsolete now
  • Video automatically starts for autopilots in video mode
  • Sensitive area around the STOP button enlarged
  • Generic Controllers (USB / BT) automatically recognized in Controller settings (Pressing Scan only required for T1D and Flypad)
  • IFrame periods changed as now way shorter IFrame periods have no / little impact on quality
Fixes
  • RTH rotates slower in case a low quality wifi link results in slow VPS updates (Rotation was overshooting)
  • Fixed layout problem for phones using "Right to left" languages (Hebrew)
  • Bitrate Auto only working if activated on each use
  • Home position wrong after takeoff

Today I succesfully tested TelloFPV 1.10

@volate!lo you did a great job into video fix. Recordings are smoother and anoying stutter dissapears at low bitrates. Good job !

I realized POI lock and POI Circle autopilots always asking again for poi distance even if previously you selected a poi through POI setting dialog.

It seems me it worked different into previous releases. Is this a bug or am I missing something ?

Raul.

Last edited:
The APs now support distance, ppi and home. You have to use + and - on the distance to cycle between distance, poi, home. If you use - while it shows 1m distance it shows poi, after poi it shows home. Just play a bit with it. Or RTFM

I forgot to pre- select the poi if there is one...

... sorry for the ignorance, but what are the standard parameters for videomode and sportmode ? ... on my device are the same for both ways ... :) :)

I has just discovered new Iframes (not Bitrates) added into TelloFPV 1.11 release

New Iframes are below 1 second lapse: 300ms, 500ms, and 700 ms... I'm looking forward to trying them :)

Raul.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeBaldy
... sorry for the ignorance, but what are the standard parameters for videomode and sportmode ? ... on my device are the same for both ways ... :):)
sportmode and videomode are equal to slow mode and fast nmode in the OEM app.

That is videomode is very slow, even at 100% rate, like 2m/s. In Sportmode 100% is very different, about 4x as fast

Reactions: JoeBaldy
I has just discovered new Bitrates added into TelloFPV 1.11 release

New Bitrates are below 1 second lapse: 300ms, 500ms, and 700 ms... I'm looking forward to trying them :)

Raul.
IFrames ... not bitrates.
Normal users should use something around 1-2s from now on. Lower values for noisy environments and long range flights, higher values for "perfect" video if you have a perfect wifi link with no noise

IFrames ... not bitrates.
Normal users should use something around 1-2s from now on. Lower values for noisy environments and long range flights, higher values for "perfect" video if you have a perfect wifi link with no noise
Oppps... I got confused. I was talking about iframes, of course. sorry. ;)

I will edit and correct my previous post.

Last edited:
Hi,

New iFrames values succesfully tested in-flight. They generated hight quality and smooth video no stuttered as I has never seen before into TelloFPV. It's amazing !

The APs now support distance, ppi and home. You have to use + and - on the distance to cycle between distance, poi, home. If you use - while it shows 1m distance it shows poi, after poi it shows home.

I followed your directions and Autopilots worked great with POIs, as you said:

At this point if you select "minus "sign you get this:

By the way, enhanced Up&Away is giving me an amazing shoots. I'll try to post an entire video devoted to this new thrilling autopilot. I notice you should set more than one hundred and fifty meters away to reach Tello 30 meters maximum height.

Enjoy !

Raul.

Reactions: Flydrone
cool.

Up&Away reaches the 30m altitude limit after about 135m distance. But since you are already so far up & away you won't notice in the video if Tello still continues to climb up or not so a 200m up&away looks just as good.

I don't know if you noticed but you can increase the speed of the travel. Just start the AP with maybe 30% speed so the first few meters are slow & smooth and then after a few meters use pitch to increase speed so the remaining long distance is covered quickly.

What do you think about a reverse Up & Away? A "down & close"? That is you press a button and Tello flies a direct line towards the POI (or home). Like RTH but continuously adjusting altitude so it arrives at the correct altitude.

....video recording on my S5 now flawlessly on v 1.11P, no more broken videos - artefacts are gone & 4mp/s worked fine as well ?????

Crashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Jah!
That is a good point. Any inconsistencies in VPS will lead to Tello crashing into one's face. Maybe not so smart

....video recording on my S5 now flawlessly on v 1.11P, no more broken videos - artefacts are gone & 4mp/s worked fine as well ?????

Great. Seems its nailed now.

Reactions: Mike Wi
What do you think about a reverse Up & Away? A "down & close"? That is you press a button and Tello flies a direct line towards the POI (or home). Like RTH but continuously adjusting altitude so it arrives at the correct altitude.

Amazing idea ?
I was thinking about reversing video from up and way to get such kind of result, but surroundings looks strange (reverse movement of cars and people), this AP could make amazing shots or amazing face bruising

Hi,

As promised, here it's a short video clip testing new Up & Away Tello Autopilot, added to TelloFPV starting 1.07 release (february 2019)

You can see it can be flexible programed to suit any distance and speed. Added self-timer allows you to be ready before maneouver starts. Forgive me that I have hidden my face as I don't want to become a movie star :)

Notice Tello video was recorded at 3Mb/s and 4Mb/s with zero and 1 second Iframe intervals. Smartphone live screen captures were taken using DU Recorder app. Second clip is x2 speed up after flight, during video editing session.

Enjoy ;)

Raul

Hi,

As promised, here it's a short video clip testing new Up & Away Tello Autopilot, added to TelloFPV starting 1.07 release (february 2019)

You can see it can be flexible programed to suit any distance and speed. Added self-timer allows you to be ready before maneouver starts. Forgive me that I have hidden my face as I don't want to become a movie star :)

Notice Tello video was recorded at 3Mb/s and 4Mb/s with zero and 1 second Iframe intervals. Smartphone live screen captures were taken using DU Recorder app. Second clip is x2 speed up after flight, during video editing session.

Enjoy ;)

Raul
Great demo and amazing @volate!lo function ! Congratulations for the great developper and the most perspicacious beta tester !

Hi there.

I've been using the App for several weeks now an it is great.... only one thing dissapointed me.
Yesterday I got my new WiFi-Extender (Comfast WR371AC).... and now TelloFPV doesn't connect to my drone any more. First I thought ok... must be the settings.... but after 4 hours I came to the conclusion that the settings are ok. Finally I tried die original app from Ryze.... and I connects right away (via extender) to my drone.

Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv