Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Hi there.

I've been using the App for several weeks now an it is great.... only one thing dissapointed me.
Yesterday I got my new WiFi-Extender (Comfast WR371AC).... and now TelloFPV doesn't connect to my drone any more. First I thought ok... must be the settings.... but after 4 hours I came to the conclusion that the settings are ok. Finally I tried die original app from Ryze.... and I connects right away (via extender) to my drone.

Any ideas?
You'd be the first to report such problems. TelloFpv does not do any magic with the connection, it just uses an available connection (any connection) and does not care about extender or not.

What message does TelloFpv show?

You'd be the first to report such problems. TelloFpv does not do any magic with the connection, it just uses an available connection (any connection) and does not care about extender or not.

What message does TelloFpv show?

It just says:
Please connect to Tello's wifi

The light on the drone is flashing yellow.
My phone is connected to the extender's SSID Tello-xxxxx-plus.
And the extender reports a connection to SSID Tello-xxxxx.

So the settings seem to be ok.

Very confusing.

It just says:

Very confusing.
My best guess us your extender is not a wifi extender but a router. It changes the IP addresses and ranges and runs its own DHCP server. TelloFpv checks the IP range to see if it connected to Tello's wifi and since your router changes the range TelloFpv thinks its not connected to tello.

You can check if this is true: open the wifi settings and check the IP address assigned to your phone. If connected to Tello you will see 192.168.10.x, most likely 192.168.10.2 . If connected to the router its something different

Thanks. I had to look up "perspicacious" if this was a nice word or not, and I still don't know how to pronounce it :-D
I have to confess i don't know how to pronounce it too. I used a translator to translate that word from french to english ! Yeah, it is very positive word ! Thanks to both Raul and you ! :)

Last edited:
It just says:

Very confusing.
Check if your comfast is working on 5,8ghz. I read something about it in other drone related forum.

Question:
How to activate/deactivate Auto Pilots in VR Mode?
Is it possible to Change the raising angle in up/Away?

I cant wait to Test this Version, but actually the last weeks its verry Stormy outside.
Congratulations to Version 1.11 !!!

All autopilots can be assigned to buttons using the normal mapping dialog.
Increasing the angle would mean the object will probably drop out of the screen. But there is some room for adjustment. I will test a bit and see what I can do.

All autopilots can be assigned to buttons using the normal mapping dialog.
Increasing the angle would mean the object will probably drop out of the screen. But there is some room for adjustment. I will test a bit and see what I can do.
Yeah you are right. Didnt thought about the object in the Frame. Better Let it Stay like it is right Now.

Is it possible Now in POI to degrease indegrease the Range of Circle by Flying forward/backward?

Yeah you are right. Didnt thought about the object in the Frame. Better Let it Stay like it is right Now.

Is it possible Now in POI to degrease indegrease the Range of Circle by Flying forward/backward?
You mean flying forward / backward while doing the circle? To create a spiral?

So, the with the video streaming massively improved in the recent releases of TelloFPV, I took the the little Tello out again for the occasional fly-around to record sunsets and what not.

I use an app called ScreenRecorder to record the phone's output as well now and then. That used to work great. However, version 1.11P (or earlier?) has an odd reaction to it... an allergy? No, it's some sort of UI interference.

Here's what's happening now when ScreenRecorder is running in the background: any of the new autopilot features do no longer open the new-style dialog boxes. That also disables the gamepad controller (I can't recall if it also disabled the touchscreen controllers on the phone). The Tello hovers and nothing happens. Only when touching the respective autopilot function again, things will revert back to normal.

I have not had the time to test if that's also happening when bc DURecorder is running. Maybe others have similar experiences?

Next, another thing I noticed (this one is going back to much earlier releases) is that when the photo feature to reencode JPG files is activated, all the EXIF data is stripped out from the JPG file. Turning this off will leave the EXIF in place. So, not a big deal now that I'm aware.

Unfortunately, even then the EXIF date/time stamp isn't populated. I realize that this is a manufacturer omission, but I was wondering if in a future release the date/time stamp (that is so well-written into the file name --huge thanks for that, btw--) could be written into the EXIF tag (I think it's called original datetime or something) when reencode JPG is activated. Other EXIF tags might be populated with other useful information as well perhaps. Ed Harvey's exiftools website has an enormous wealth of information on all of that with many code samples.

Lastly, and I have to test this some more for sure, but flying circles in autopilot seemed erratic at times. Especially at lower speeds. Almost like the Tello was flying a zigzag pattern on the circle. As said, I need to test this again.

I love(!) these autopilots and could probably never have enough of them. That and the recent video fix: absolutely amazing! Thank you for that.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

What is everyone's best feeling videomode settings for yaw, throttle, roll and pitch? I'm feeling 88/81/21 for all, using a PS4 controller and OnePlus6 w/ Google Cardboard in VR mode.

So, the with the video streaming massively improved in the recent releases of TelloFPV ... That and the recent video fix: absolutely amazing! Thank you for that.

I totally agree with you. @volate!lo video fix works amazing. Annoying stutter dissapeared from my Tello video clips, even at low iFrames.

Raul.

What is everyone's best feeling videomode settings for yaw, throttle, roll and pitch? I'm feeling 88/81/21 for all, using a PS4 controller and OnePlus6 w/ Google Cardboard in VR mode.

In my case, I let Pitch, Roll and Throttle as they were because they satisfied me.

Only axis gave me problems was Yaw. I found it extremely sensitive making Tello turns sharply. I realized when moving throttle often yaw was changed unintentionally.

I solved both issues settting Yaw Rate to 50%, Yaw Expo to 50% and Yaw Deadzone to 25%. I feel happy flying this way.

Anyway it´s a matter of personal preferences.

Raul.

So, the with the video streaming massively improved in the recent releases of TelloFPV, I took the the little Tello out again for the occasional fly-around to record sunsets and what not.

I use an app called ScreenRecorder to record the phone's output as well now and then. That used to work great. However, version 1.11P (or earlier?) has an odd reaction to it... an allergy? No, it's some sort of UI interference.

Here's what's happening now when ScreenRecorder is running in the background: any of the new autopilot features do no longer open the new-style dialog boxes. That also disables the gamepad controller (I can't recall if it also disabled the touchscreen controllers on the phone). The Tello hovers and nothing happens. Only when touching the respective autopilot function again, things will revert back to normal.

I have not had the time to test if that's also happening when bc DURecorder is running. Maybe others have similar experiences?

Next, another thing I noticed (this one is going back to much earlier releases) is that when the photo feature to reencode JPG files is activated, all the EXIF data is stripped out from the JPG file. Turning this off will leave the EXIF in place. So, not a big deal now that I'm aware.

Unfortunately, even then the EXIF date/time stamp isn't populated. I realize that this is a manufacturer omission, but I was wondering if in a future release the date/time stamp (that is so well-written into the file name --huge thanks for that, btw--) could be written into the EXIF tag (I think it's called original datetime or something) when reencode JPG is activated. Other EXIF tags might be populated with other useful information as well perhaps. Ed Harvey's exiftools website has an enormous wealth of information on all of that with many code samples.

Lastly, and I have to test this some more for sure, but flying circles in autopilot seemed erratic at times. Especially at lower speeds. Almost like the Tello was flying a zigzag pattern on the circle. As said, I need to test this again.

I love(!) these autopilots and could probably never have enough of them. That and the recent video fix: absolutely amazing! Thank you for that.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk
DURecord works fine for me. Never tried ScreenRecorder, but TelloFpv does not do anything special but just displays a couple of UI controls over a video view.

So far I haven't touched EXIF handling. When re-encoding a new image file is created from the file that was downloaded from Tello, and no EXIF information is moved over. I have moved EXIF up a bit in the todo list...

I have tested a couple hours so far on 1.12 P. It seems this error is no longer happening. If I see again, I will update. This new version is great! Keep up the awesome work, I love this app for flying my Tello!

Reactions: volate!lo
DURecord works fine for me. Never tried ScreenRecorder, but TelloFpv does not do anything special but just displays a couple of UI controls over a video view.

So far I haven't touched EXIF handling. When re-encoding a new image file is created from the file that was downloaded from Tello, and no EXIF information is moved over. I have moved EXIF up a bit in the todo list...

OK, thanks. I'll try DURecorder again.
The EXIF works when the re-encode JPG is off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv